You'd think that with guys like Spider Man, Daredevil, Punisher running around, street crime in NYC would shrunk to 0%

You'd think that with guys like Spider Man, Daredevil, Punisher running around, street crime in NYC would shrunk to 0%.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hxLqlAIx_1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=WIkH3V3wUiM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>hey let's rob this bank in new york
>who's gonna stop us?

You'd think a world with bunch of Flashes and a whole family of Supermen that there would be zero crime or tragedy of any kind.

Can people not think of any creative threads, fuck, maybe just talk about you favorite character..maybe just lament about something you find interesting in a story in any related media, why the fuck do people post these "WHY DOES ALL CRIME HAPPEN IN NYC" threads, or "WHY DOESNT BATMAN KILL THE JOKER" threads, or "WHY DOESN'T THEY HATE THE METAS BUT THEY HATE THE MUTANTS" You know why, you know exactly why, it's plot

Next time you want to make a thread, think, for two minutes, "is this something really worthy of any discussion?"

>"is this something really worthy of any discussion?

If we stopped to ask ourselves that, there would be no threads at all

Most people who commit crime in New York are black, and most black people are stupid.

This argument works better in Florida.
Florida needs a suoerhero who has to deal with shit like a hobo having sex with a dolphin, or a naked man trying to run people over with a ride-on-lawnmower. Every issue, he loses a shred of hope for humanity he thought he had already lost.

Yes interesting isn't it? Almost like the (((superheroes))) aren't doing anything.

>why are you discussing comic topics on a comic board?

Maybe you're the one that should wait 2 minutes before posting?

But most of the criminals in comics are white, specifically Italian in Punisher comics.

You'd think a world with bunch of Batman and batfamily the crime rate would shoot through the roof around the world.

Because they wouldn't be able to get away with accurately depicting criminals.

Do you think Punisher would have got three movies if it was a comic about a white man killing hordes of black thugs?

Would that really be more interesting than killing mafia families that carry more power than elected officials? No.

You keep thinking real world and trying to apply it to a comic book world. And even then you're only fixated on one thing.

I want stories with OP and or cosmic characters just clean up street level for a month.

>Kingpin/Black cat/Hammer head are worried that the Punisher or daredevil will show up to ruin their day

>all of sudden Black Bolt and the silver surfer walk in

>street crime in NYC would shrunk to 0%.
Such optimism about the human condition. People still smoke knowing that it could kill them. People still buy a lotto ticket knowing the odds. People still drink and drive, even when they've had friends die from it. People in general are pretty good at thinking that I deserve better than those plebs and although it could happen, sure, but it'd never happen to me.

You'd think more crime would specifically be done in other states since the superhero community is so focused in New York.

>>why are you discussing comic topics on a comic board?

We all know the answer, this is a fucking shitpost. You're either a casual or somebody just shitposting, both of which are cancer

>there would be no threads at all
There would be if people read comic books, thus having actual things to discuss rather than pointless threads like this

>was a comic about a white man killing hordes of black thugs?
He's killed his fair share.

Beyond that the actual reality of street crime would make Punisher seem like an overreacting psycho most of the time and the stories would be pretty boring. Everyone wants to see Frank bust in on a huge drug deal guarded by dozens of heavily armed goons, no one wants to see Frank bust in on three guys cutting cocaine in a shitty apartment armed with a single shitty handgun.

I think a misstep from Marvel was not expanding the USAvengers 50-state variant cover into a series of one-shots. It's the kind of gimmicky thing they'd normally go for.

>I think a misstep from Marvel was not expanding the USAvengers 50-state variant cover into a series of one-shots. It's the kind of gimmicky thing they'd normally go for.

I think Marvel could easily move their popular heroes into other states and keep things relatively the same. They've done it before but not nearly enough. Besides there was no way the USAvengers would be able to maintain that and it would've killed the title faster.

How come I never see people talk about MTV's Spider Man? Its one of the best Spider Man adaptations out there.

youtube.com/watch?v=hxLqlAIx_1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=WIkH3V3wUiM

>You'd think more crime would specifically be done in other states since the superhero community is so focused in New York.
Yeah but even criminals don't want to commit crimes outside New York, because then they'd have to be outside of New York.

Fuck rural and suburban retards and fuck Drumpf.

The question is why doesn't Batman rape the Joker you fucking retard

I'm not saying that the USAvengers would be able to maintain that, I'm saying run that as a separate gimmick event. Do something for easy press like grabbing a writer from each state, toss on a variant cover or two, split it up over six months or so, maybe spin out a west coast title.

They actually tried it with Avengers Initiative back when the idea was that there was a superhero team in every state. The problem was that it was mostly full of C-tier and below characters.

The best way is to take already popular characters and move them other states. From there you can grow things out and give them a different supporting cast and other heroes.

Scarlet Spider had that going on before it was cancelled. That took place in Houston Texas.

The Fifty State Initiative was nothing more than a setting concept, outside two or three minis we never saw any of them teams outside of brief appearances in other books. I don't think they ever bothered to actually create fifty teams either.

Some of the teams made brief appearances in other comics but they weren't really used until Secret Invasion for obvious reasons. I think the Initiative was a great era for Marvel and showed them exploring more in terms of putting characters in different spots and creating actually interesting teen heroes.

Only a handful of the Initiative recruits were new characters and only some of them actual teens.

>no chicago capes
Feels bad man

I kinda want a Chicago cape story where the hero is mostly just a politically connected ad campaign who doesn't really do anything difficult having to deal with the ramifications of an actual supervillain showing up.

Avengers Initiative alone had a more than a handful of new teen characters. Many of them were interesting.

I don't think Butterball was a teen.

Don't they pretty much keep to their own little parts of the city? Spider-Man in Queens, Daredevil in Hell's Kitchen, Punisher in the larger Manhattan area?

Context of image? I love when villians do nice shit

Butterball is one of the newest heroes brought in for Avengers training during the Initiative. The point was to put an Avengers team in every state so they focused on training young heroes. Butterball's power is that he is invulnerable, invincible, and can't be changed in anyway. But he's permanently stuck as a fat guy and he's really weird and awkward.

He ends up flunking the training but he's such a lovable person Constrictor and Taskmaster take a liking to him and do him one final favor before he leaves.

Remember when teen heroes had their own identities.

Nowadays they just diverse legacy heroes or Nu-Inhumans.

MVP, Cloud Nine, Komodo. Gage was really good with that series. I felt his second attempt wasn't as good but Finesse and Stryker were cool, too.

Marvel just needs to stick with the teens and develop them properly.

Still mad that they dropped Gravity and forgot about him.

>Implying being outside of New York would be bad

I'll never understand why people live in overpopulated cities where it costs more to live, that government takes more of your money in taxes, crime is higher, and you're more likely to encounter shitty foreigners

This just shows the shitty general state of comics. Tons of overpowered characters running around whom are effectively useless at their jobs.

It makes more sense when you have one or two heroes in an entire city but with Marvel it is weird how there's a bunch of heroes and villains in such close proximity to each other.

Only one who is of any threat is the Punisher.

The other is a blind man and the other have the mental circuity of a kid making quips every other second.

Actually, the Punisher should wipe the fucking floor from that criminal Spider-Man, only goons wear masks to hide their identity.

I just remembered how I hate this trope

NYC is large and discontinuous enough that it could easily support multiple heroes working in relatively close proximity of each other.

Forget Spider-Man. A quick search online reveals that Frank Castle's official kill count is apparently 48,502. That's what... 0.5 percent of the city population?

So statistically speaking everyone in new york knows someone the punisher has killed, though plenty of people double up on that one I'm sure. Statistically speaking, a person has met, encountered, knows someone who has died as a result of, or in fact themselves BEEN SHOT BY THE PUNISHER. In real life, there are about 300 gangs in New York, and 600 in Chicago. New York's gang population isn't given where I'm looking, but Chicago's is at 70,000. Which would suggest around 35,000 people in organized crime in New York.

Even assuming a hefty number of those kills are not local crime, he's easily killed the equivalent of every single gang member in New York City. This is not counting anyone he may have discouraged from even joining by his mere presence. Frank Castle, by the time he was too old to continue, would have killed every gang in New York several times by the time he was done.

This is one person. There are also several hundred other people with varying degrees of mercy and superpower that fight crime in New York. There are also police.

WHAT THE FUCK IS SO ATTRACTIVE ABOUT CRIME IN THIS GODDAM CITY?

Marvel needs to stop using Manhattan. This has officially gotten stupid.

dude you need to chill. u sound like a fuckin nerd. we make comis for nu normie readers who read one issue and move on now.

I once did the math. If we give Frank a ten year vigilante career and compare him to real world figures then Frank is a statistically significant cause of death in the USA, he'd be responsible for roughly 1/3 of all murders in the USA per year, and 17% of all gun related fatalities over the past decade.

Realistically speaking, he'd have an FBI manhunt after him after his first or second year

NYC would probably be in lockdown after the first couple of murders and be bringing in state and federal law enforcement by week 2.

>State of comics

Nigga, not all comics are dumb inferior capeshit like the Big 2.

Hellboy for example, avoids this by changing the status quo, the first time that a giant monters actualy destroyed a town, the entire fucking world was never the same.

new Yorks a pretty big place
just like Gotham and it's abundant
of abandoned joke factories

Frank actually occasionally leaves the city and targets cartel guys and the like.

>Butterball sees Taskie as Hydra Avenger
>Joins up with Hydra
>He dresses up in a green Hydra nook suit
>Becomes a hero for Hydra because while he's out of shape he's invulnerable.
>Even fatties can pick up a gun and be a shield

I don't get it, why do they put the sights on top? What's the reason?

Gangster dude is firing his gun sideways. Punisher is making fun of him.

No, it wouldn't be that quickly until they could establish a solid connection between the murders which would take a while considering the people Frank kills are known for getting involved in shootouts and getting killed on a daily basis

The lockdown wouldn't be about Frank, but rather the uptick in murder victim with gang ties risking a gang war.

You can always start your own thread with theme of discussion of your own choice. you can always hide the thread. why pay attention to it? nice job bumping the thread too.

Ok, I figured I it was anything like that, but I wasn't sure since we don't see any of them actually shooting.ty.

This is about New York in Marvel. I swear to god you indiefags try to butt into every conversation that's not even about your stuff.

It really should be noted that Punisher MAX is full of Hollywood bullshit coming from Frank.

Florida has more crazy crime stories because they report on all the strange shit down there.

Everything done in the motivational poster format is pure, facebook-tier garbage.

I dont know user, have you ever been to NYC? its a huge shit hole. I cant believe any one would want to live there

>Most people who commit crime in New York are black, and most black people are stupid.

in real new york, sure, but in marvel new york? black people never break the law, only white people are capable of being evil.

Well, Matt is too busy having a complete and total mental breakdown and breaking up with his husband every other week to really fight crime.

In Iowa a lot of people leave because "there is nothing to do here". I'm not sure what they mean because they usually end up getting the same job they had before but they have to do more work because of the higher cost of living.