Is Miles Morales gonna get a new identity?

Is Miles Morales gonna get a new identity?

Between Spider-Man 19 and Spider-Men II, it seems that they want to move Miles away from the Spider-Man name...

Redback.

if Natasha really died in Secret Empire (at least for a while) I can see that happening. Black Widows and Redbacks are closely related, already has a black and red suit and has a stinger power.

Don't they sell merchandise of this guy as 'Kid Arachnid'? Brand synergy dictates that be his codename.

I would drop Miles forever if they give him that lame name. They better not be stupid enough to do it.

Redback just doesn't roll off the tongue.

They're already selling toys of him under than name, user. I think they're calling him that in the cartoons, too.

You're right that it's a terrible name, though.

I'd be cool with that, but I think it's more likely that this will just lead to Miles once again being reassured that he deserves to be called Spider-Man.

Too close to "wetback." Miles is supposed to be half Hispanic after all.

He'll be Spiderman rather than Spider-man

Redback just sounds like a racial slur.

Seeing that he's half Latino, I can see this going horribly.

Marvel really should have a Spider-Man villain who has the actual last name of "Spiderman" and hates people thinking he's Spider-Man.

>Miles once again being reassured that he deserves to be called Spider-Man.

I cringe at that notion of everyone telling him that.

>This character is so well thought out, so unique, and has such great motivations that he has to literally copy the name of one of the most popular superheroes ever in order to validate himself

Sign me up for this book

user, you know good and goddamned well that that is *exactly* what the Spider-Man Generations issue will amount to. Bendis gotta shill his pet character.

I genuinely liked Miles when he was in the Ultimates Universe.During that span, it was my favorite Spider-Man comic actually and preferred to read about Miles over Peter Parker in the 616....

But as of lately... yeech... I mean, I still like him, but the shilling actually hurts how I feel about him.

This is how black people deal with everything in the US. By stealing it from white people.

Black Widow

Marvel likes to use the apostrophe or space cause it's an easy way to distinguish between Marvel and DC characters

Batman, Superman, Hawkman, Aquaman
Spider-Man, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Absorbing Man

There are exceptions, but it's pretty common.

>'Kid Arachnid'

I say just go with it and if anyone thinks it's a racial slur then Marvel should call them the racist for thinking that way.

It doesn't make any sense though. He'd be going from Spider-man to... a sidekick name?

It made sense in Ultimate spider-man. Makes less sense in 616.

Bendis really should have jumped on the Stinger name before Cassie Lang took it.

Incompetent fuck.

>thinking Marvel has balls to confront the disturbed
how is it in Sunshine Land this time of year, user?

But Stinger doesn't have the brand power that Spider-Man does, and lord knows Bendis needs every edge he can get in selling his lazy, phoned-in scripts.

I agree. Forcing it on the character when Peter's swinging around is ridiculous. Why does Miles deserve it? Because he can cling to walls?

I wish they had just let Spider-man go in Ultimate. And basically everything from Ultimate from Ultimatum on.

BLACK ARACH
THE BROWN RECLUSE

Nah but really most the cooler spider-names like Tarantula and Huntsman are taken. Maybe give him a visual gimmick and go with Wolf Spider or something. I honestly do not believe that they'd change his name from Spider-Man though. If they did, they'd do it like Riri - name the comic Spider-Man and have the character something else

>Spider-Dindu

Have him change his costume to the reverse colors of regular spiderman and call him Hombre AraƱa Azul

It's not like they buy comics anyways, I don't know why Marvel gives a shit.

Of course well, I only buy one anymore either from Marvel

why even have a spider name. call him venoshock or something. not like it matters at all. like venom spawning carnage, and then every spawn from then on having names related to venom, like toxic or poison. its stupid

Tabanus-Man Tabanus-Man does whatever a Tabanus can.

He'll only get a new identity if they are planning on cancelling his book.

Arachnikid

Branding

if he was native american

The problem with "Kid Arachnid" is that it ties him too heavily to being young. It's like the problem with him calling himself Spider-boy instead of Spider-man. Well.. what does he call himself once he's no longer a teenager? How about in time-travel stories where there's an older version of him (like in Gwenpool)?

Tieing a superhero identity to an age range is just setting yourself up for problems down the line.

But Cassie was Stinger before Miles ever existed.

Secret Empire kinda sets him up to be the new Black Widow, and his powerset and color scheme is certainly very Black Widow-ish. There's also precedent for an Ultimate Spider-(wo)man becoming Black Widow what with Ultimate Jessica.

But then the whole point of Ganke's speech is him picking a unique identity and him just going from a Spider-man legacy to a Black Widow legacy would be counter to that.

>like in Gwenpool
swole adult Miles in costume looks fucking great.

have him get married, have the wife die, then Miles can be the Black Widower

Maybe Ultimate Spider-man?

Ultimate spider?

Once he's older, just drop the "Kid" part and go by "Arachnid".

Pic related.

Just go the Scarlet Spider route.

Ebon Spider.

I actually like Kid Arachnid. It's basically just a young equivalent of "Spider-Man", so it's not too far removed.

this
have them acknowledge the ultimate universe (finally) and his actual origins and make that his name

btw the art for this book has really taken a nosedive, yick

how about lil webster

Spider-melon