You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular...

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

>try to watch first episode
>not even 10 minutes into the show
>hehehe le god doesn't exists *burp*

Just watched the first season. When does it get funny?

This show is a psychological study in to the social political mind, and ask questions like "what is the meaning of life?", "what is a soul?", "are we becoming technological gods?", "what is left of a man who can have, or do anything?", "is morality a social construct?", "what makes a person who they are, and do the things they do?", "is reality made of facts?, or is it a social/personal experience?". It doesn't stop there, But I will. the silly bat shit facade is a mechanism to draw drone people in with out them knowing they are being subjected to questions that can change there world view. As well as the reflections of the creators inner torment when facing the reality of these very questions and views. many cartoons are doing the same thing for kids. gravity fall, SVTFOE, and rick and morty's creators all know each other, and wanted there shows to coincide for a reason. to challenge peoples way of thinking. because..... "now your thinking with portals".

If you never got that. then your the drones.

Did atheists burn your cat or something?

I propose a better question, does it fucking matter whether something is a social construct or not? Literally everything is a fucking human construct. It's pointless to ask these questions unless you are trying to criticize and deconstruct society to the point where it doesn't function anymore. It's like being an ant and wondering if the ant colony is an ant construct, it doesn't fucking matter, all of this deconstructionism is useless for society

Kill yourself you little bitch

It's because geniuses who can travel between dimensions obviously won't believe in stupid dogmas like deities

In any construct mental or physical, you have to be aware of it's flaws. if you don't then you won't know when it will break, or when it needs to be fixed. If you break the tail of a Jacobs drop then it starts to unravel at a near molecular level with no turning back, yet you can beat the bulb with a hammer with no issues. we have to know our weaknesses, or we will all fall apart.

I marathoned the first five minutes of episode 1 and it was insufferable.

Yes waiter, this pasta is complete shite and i'd like a refund

Plus we need to tear it down to impose our better world.

I'm not an atheist or Redditor, I just like it because it makes me laugh occasionally. I don't have high standards.

Okay Cletus, we get it, you're still mad white people aren't going to be around anymore. Get over it and accept that we're a rainbow species now.

Did Sup Forums suddenly become a church when I wasn't paying attention?

I've seen atheist thrown around as an insult more time over the past few weeks here than I ever had in the 10 years I've been browsing this dumb gay forum.

Did you all suddenly have a diving revelation and get born again or something?

When will you accept Jesus into your heart, user?

I TURNED MYSELF INTO LE PICKEL MORTEH X DXXXD THE SAUCE MORT WE NEED LE SAUCE FROM MCDONALDS BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP MORTY BUUUUURP WE BUUUUUUUUUUUURP NEED BUUUUUUUUUUUURP LE BUUUUUUUURP SZECHUAN SAUCE BURRRP

I thought it was interesting the first season even though it's a little edgy. But it grew old real quick and season 2 was just an insult.

I'm always amazed at how Rick and Morty inspire more hate on Sup Forums than Hillary Clinton.

I always thought it had a mixed reception around here.

Contrarianism.

It's not even so much as atheism that was popular so much as anti-Christian positioning. Atheism is the catch-all term for anyone criticizing Christianity even though people with alternative religions are critics too.

It attracts some bona fide autists, to be sure.

Is this going to be the new trending form of shitposting?

God I fuckin hope not.

>Next time on rick and morty
>Big drumpfy gets defeated in alternate dimension
Rick and Morty decide to live there instead of le dumb earth with le racists
>Morty accidently finds out Russia is planning on destroying the us colluding with drumpf
>They go back to their own universe "well life sucks and we all die and drumpy is racist *burp"

I guess? But its still fucking stupid.

The only response they have to facts is a picture of a fedora man, so nothing changed.

Why does Rick and Morty turn the users of Sup Forums into shitposting idiots? Is Justin paying people to shitpost Rick and Morty on Sup Forums?

This show was praised at its inception by Sup Forums. It's like the more popular this show gets the more threads pop up shitting on it for existing.

I swear reddit could start posting about how much it loves water and half of you fucks on this board would be hospitalized within 72 hours.

>You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular

It's hilarious. Even in what's widely regarded as one of the worst episodes: Right off Jerry eating tainted ice cream (when he should have known better) is funny, a xeno-penis transplant is funny, plumbuses are funny, Werner Herzog outta nowhere is funny - and yes as much as you might not like this, R & M attracts an audience smart enough to go "Dude is that Werner Herzog? ...it IS!"

>insecure about existence
I've seen this phrase on here a couple of times, and I'm still not sure what it means.

God Sup Forums is such a little bitch. This whole board loved this show during the first season. Then it got more popular so that somehow makes it garbage. I'll admit the first season was much funnier than 2, but normies liking something doesn't automatically make it bad. It just makes you a contrarian faggot that lets other peoples opinons affect their own.

>Then it got more popular so that somehow makes it garbage. I'll admit the first season was much funnier than 2, but normies liking something doesn't automatically make it bad. It just makes you a contrarian faggot that lets other peoples opinons affect their own.

Part of the fun was being in the secret club.

Wow. The shows YOU like must be fucking AMAZING.

Thats gay

I don't hear you saying I'm wrong.

>Sees bait has failed
>Decides to start samefagging when bait hits page 9

Nice life, carpet store motherfucker.

Just fyi Lee is laughing in this gif, not Reeeeing.

Someone who makes "you/you're" and "there/their" mistakes shouldn't feel like they're smart enough to go on that type of rant. Although I guess it's fitting that high school dropouts think that this show is philosophically deep, I'm calling false flag.

>Doesnt believe in God
>Literally meets Satan

>Knowing who Herzog is makes you smart
This is what Reddit believes

> the more popular this show gets the more threads pop up shitting on it for existing
It has gotten worse though. S3E01 was pretty good, S3E02 wasn't (it was roughly S2 quality)

It's not "not believing in god" that Sup Forums makes fun of, it's "Atheism with a capital A"

>>>Knowing who Herzog is makes you smart
>>This is what Reddit believes

>This is what Sup Forums believes

Got it backwards dipshit, being smart is more likely to make you know who Werner Herzog is.

You are trying to hard. Come on just get better.

Actually, scratch that, I'm willing to believe that Reddit believes knowing who Werner Herzog is makes you smart.

One of my normie friends knows who he is because he was in Jack Reacher.

>>One of my normie friends knows who he is because he was in Jack Reacher.

>Implying he doesn't know him as "That Guy".

Nice try.

>I swear reddit could start posting about how much it loves water and half of you fucks on this board would be hospitalized within 72 hours.

Imagine hating a show so much you made another thread about it.

Bullshit, Sup Forums has been crying Reddit and Memey since season 2 started. This isn't about quality, this is about being the most contrarian fuck possible.

A scientist not believing in God is good characterization, something you'd understand if you had an education.

>discussing religion on a board for comics and cartoons
Religious people would be shut down, too, if they were as stupid as the atheists and brought it up.

embarrassing pasta but i'm sure someone out there believes this shit. your autistic mind believes theres some deep philosophy going on. Rick is just an arrogant shithead who suffers from depression/other shit, nothing deeper going on at all. I don't know who is worse, the idiots who think the show is intelligent or the autists who get upset over it. These autists are getting as annoying and preachy as athiests.

>Sup Forums loves the show, but it gets shit ratings
Show gets canceled and no one is happy

>Sup Forums hates the show (since the beginning) but it is a commercial success
Normie/pure fluff kids show

>Sup Forums hates it currently, but used to have daily 300+ reply threads about it... and the show is a commercial success
Probably a good show that Sup Forums got contrarian about

>Sup Forums doesn't talk about it ever
Either boring, extremely niche, or worse.

>Sup Forums obsesses over it, but no media of it really exists in the mainstream
meme tier (pictured within the picture)

It's not a guarantee, but this is the general pattern

yet he prays to god when he think he will die

>I swear reddit could start posting about how much it loves water and half of you fucks on this board would be hospitalized within 72 hours.

That would imply the average Sup Forumsntrarian has somebody in their lives who give enough of a shit to check on them and make sure they're okay.

when does battletoads come out

there is no battletoads user time to rip that band aid off now

>actually believing this

Kinda odd to point that out on a thread designed specifically to antagonize atheists. The board is contrarian. Simple as that.

There are six threads about this cartoon right now.

Six.
You are approaching horse show levels of faggotry.

This show really turned into the current most cancerous thing on Sup Forums. Not because of itself or the fans but because of faggots being too insecure to watch anything with atheism in it.
Reddit, redditor and other similar buzzwords should be blacklisted. In the last 3 days I've read them more than in the entire year.
Sup Forums is fucking pathetic.

Fuck off back to plebbit r_thedonald.

>new season
>after a prolonged delay
>complaining about high thread count (Egyptian cotton) on the night of a new episode

Ignoring something is the way to deal with it if it bothers you... otherwise you are just feeding it

It's not coming back, user.

I don't hate the show.
I don't even hate the _horse show.)

But there's a point where you have to say, "maybe less threads."

>A scientist not believing in God is good characterization, something you'd understand if you had an education.

>le jojo fedora xd

Isn't it something like only a third of scientists in the US actually believe in God? A good deal less who are hardcore biblical literalists

Writing a anti-establishment, nihilistic scientist who (probably) lost his family in a violent, pointless event in front of his eyes as a devout christian would be Sup Forums tier writing.

Most scientists don't believe in god... so he's kinda right.

Even more ironic is that Rick pretty much does believe in God when shit is fucked up enough. He's a foxhole atheist.

Yet christfags are convinced this show is some kind of pro atheism propaganda.

>A scientist not believing in God is good characterization
Yeah, and I'm sure a female Hillary supporter is as well

normie attacking lolololol

it doesn't matter what reddit thinks

what's really important is whether the rick and morty show is objectively good

and by that we mean, does it have value or add worth to the world

and the answer to that is... well... not really

the underlying worldview and message of R&M is that everything is meaningless and tragic and there's no hope so you may as well just do whatever you want and to hell with the consequences

now that's not to say it's not funny, and fun to watch, but in the end you come away from it with nothing except a few laughs

and there's much more to life than that

~

also; eat my reddit spacing

female hillary supports aren't exactly rare, so yeah, i guess it would be?

>the underlying worldview and message of R&M is that everything is meaningless and tragic and there's no hope so you may as well just do whatever you want and to hell with the consequences
Literally the exact opposite is true. It's like watching the matrix and thinking the moral is machines are going to take over and fuck us over and there's no hope so fuck everything.

>Literally the exact opposite is true.

when the main character is the smartest rick ever, and he goes out of his way to repeatedly inform the world that life is an absurdist nightmare, i think it's difficult to excise any other moral to the tale

but please, share your objections and point to some examples of where R&M say existence has transcendent worth

It's basically just futurama with worse animation, a one dimensional unbeatable main character, and much more heavy handedness. I like what Rick and Morty tries to do, but since season one, it all feels forced and artificially heady.

>repeatedly inform the world that life is an absurdist nightmare,
There literally rub it in your face in every single episode that Rick really doesn't feel that way. He loves his grandkids and his family and is willing to make hard sacrifices to see them be happy. They literally explain that rick is like this because he hates himself and acting like he cares about nothing is how he deals with things. You literally have to have actual legitimate autism to not be able to pick up the basic human themes of the show. It would be one thing is this was stuff that was all written between the lines, but in literally every episode they do something to show rick doesn't actually believe the stuff he says, nor is there virtue in thinking that way because he's by far the most miserable person on the show.

For the record, the rest of the episode is pretty good after that token indoctrination scene

Well, there's the fact that one of the co-creators is on the record saying that all Rick's posturing just makes him miserable while characters who care about the little things of day to day life are happier overall.

I mean, I do think that we are born without a purpose and that when we die that'll be it but I enjoy the hell out of my life and love my friends and family because you choose how to live your own life.

what happens when a christian is also a wearer of fedoras?

>trying to objectively define quality of an artistic expression

The real question is whether or not you enjoy it. If you don't, neat. If you do, cool. Whatever.

According to quantum electro dynamics they'll transform into pure light, releasing enormous amounts of energy.

i know one. i'll let the christian fedora know his inevitable explosion

>these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science"
I'm curious. Who on here, out of all things, supported Bernie but hated Rick and Morty?

Unironically most fedora fags are christians.

eh y'know what pal, inferring i'm autistic speaks more to your character than mine, since if anyone is missing the point it's yourself

i am saying that the R&M show mirrors the current western milieu, in that we have steadily become more secular and with that; lost any belief in the intrinsic worth of life outside subjective concerns for one's personal well-being

at this point i'm gonna include the user who brought up family values at , because he too demonstrates the reductive worldview currently plaguing the west, his hedonistic enjoyment of life includes his family and friends - adding to his personal well-being and sense of fulfilment in a functional sense - but just like the R&M show reflects, not having any ultimate worth, other than what benefits him

the character of Rick is representative of every over-educated fool who thinks that this godless universe hold no absolutes other than personal pleasure, and that's why you both think the show has worth, because it reinforces your own atheistic worldview

but you're wrong - and the R&M show actually detracts from humanity by encouraging human beings to remain under such objectively evil delusions

It's working, OP! It's working!

I think the show has worth because I laugh at it, because that's what a comedy show is made to do.

Anyway since you've got this huge bug up your ass about things and love to hear yourself talk why don't you tell everyone here what they should be doing with their lives instead of just enjoying them.

> trying to reject objective standards of beauty

not everything is relative, hippy

>the character of Rick is representative of every over-educated fool who thinks that this godless universe hold no absolutes other than personal pleasure, and that's why you both think the show has worth, because it reinforces your own atheistic worldview
Except like I just said, that's not how Rick thinks and that's overwhelmingly obvious from every single episode. Not do they present rick as a character whose virtuous because he's the most miserable person on the show.

Rainbow species?

Don't you mean Asian species ? ;)

>milieu
>fool
>evil
lol, what a fag

God bless Rick and Morty for explaining quantum mechanics in such a way that religious people can understand it and get triggered by it.

if i thought you were really interested in discussing worldviews diametrically opposed to your own, i'd spend some energy on dialoguing with yourself - but since you're just being sarky, nahkthxlubai

i said;
> Rick is representative of every over-educated fool who thinks that this godless universe hold no absolutes other than personal pleasure,

you say;
> that's not how Rick thinks and that's overwhelmingly obvious from every single episode.

i say:
> doooood, are you not watching the same show as me or something, cos like if there's one recurring theme throughout the whole show it's "nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die" - and this is seen everywhere from when Rick makes a robot to pass butter, to creating a whole universe to power his car... but as i said earlier, please show me an example where the show says "HEY, THERE IS SOMETHING OF VALUE OUTSIDE OF OUR OWN SUBJECTIVE CONCERNS AND PERSONAL FEELINGS" and i'll agree with you

also; i don't think i've mentioned Rick's 'virtue' once - are we talking at cross-purposes here?