Would you buy single issue comics if they went totally digital? I know I wouldn't

Would you buy single issue comics if they went totally digital? I know I wouldn't.

Some folk claim that digital can save the medium. How can digital save the medium when only normies buy "invisible" goods?

>only normies buy "invisible" goods

You mean like access to your mother's cunt?

If they were like 99ยข maybe. Just like how I do with floppies now, I would only buy the books I want to support anyway. But no way I would pay $3.99+ for a digital issue.

Based cuntposter.

No, generally if I want a comic I want a physical copy.

Nice

I don't buy single issue comics to begin with.

I'm a tradefag and I don't give a shit about comic stores whining about muh tradefags.

If comics go full digital, I'm pirating every single one

Look it's a simple problem.

20 pages a month is WAY too little content to justify buying.

I hear that. I'd probably turn into a tradefag.. I'm leaning toward that now, to be honest.

I wish the niggers would have them priced around $2 a pop

Alterna is a publisher that only uses newsprint and doesn't have books that cost more than $2, with most titles being $1.50. I'd like to support them, but it has all the problems you can expect from such a small publisher. Mainly that no particularly good writers bother with them because they have better options, and long waits between issues.

I can afford the $2.99/$3.99 tag, but I'd be inclined to buy more, like titles that only mildly keep my interest, if they were cheaper. Instead I just read them via storytimes. Oh well, fuck em.

If it was digital, they should be able to do that easily enough. Diamond and comic stores would both be cut out of the equation.

That being said, they probably wouldn't go down to $2. Marvel is pretty greedy

>single issues

That's the problem. Separating one story into many chunks is outdated. Stories should be released as trades.

Only I'd download/never read them if only available digitally... That or be a tradefag

If Marvel Unlimited wasn't 6 months delayed, I would definitely do that. $6 - $10 a month for pretty much all of their comics? Good deal. I love netflix style deals where a monthly cost gets you pretty much anything you want.

What the fuck are you on about, normies are way more attached to physical supports than your average hobbyist, simply because they can't into digital services aside from Netflix and other streaming platforms.
But I agree that digital can't save comics, just like it's still marginal in books.

I get that people are a bit hesitant to buy a book that's a new ip. At the same time, new creators like me, who really want to be here, have to try something.
My first comic is coming out soon. I'm selling the first issue for $2.00. I'm currently trying to see if there's a way where I include a digital version for free right now. I like physical books, but don't want to haul my collection around during bus trips to school or work. Anyway, my point is that if I give the people who buy physical copies a free digital copy as well, that it might keep me in mind, and possibly want to re-read it on the go.

Tell me about your comic.

doesn't have a comic

It wouldn't save the medium but it would certainly open it up a little. I would enjoy it if it were optimized for digital consumption. Like if it went panel-by-panel and speech bubbles were filled in the right order. It'd help with pacing