Was this the best modern day Disney movie back in the 90s? I know about the other films...

Was this the best modern day Disney movie back in the 90s? I know about the other films, but what about those left behind?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
youtu.be/6_IsiCmI-n0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First of all
>89
Second, this movie was awful.

People only remember it for the song.

WHY SHOULD I WOR-RAY
WHY SHOULD I CAAAYAARE

Being underrated doesn't suddenly make it the best, so, no.

I will defend this movie to my grave, it's my absolute favorite.
Though I do understand why people don't like it, I hardly think it deserves the hate it gets. It had a lot of heart, good songs, and kept the pace going.
I think if maybe the characters had more time to develop, it would've been more of a beloved classic. That's really my biggest problem with it.
But to say it's one of Disney's worst is ludicrous. It pioneered the Renaissance and brought Disney back to a good place.
As for being the best modern day movie in the 90s, What else was there to compete with? A Goofy Movie? It's more of an 80s movie anyway, which is why they were fucking morons to release it on VHS 7 years after it came out and those trends were over.

>A Goofy Movie?
Considering it's a better movie and actually came out in the 90's? Yes.

It wasn't, but it's still one of my favourite Disney movies. I love the opening song.

I think the into is actually quite effective; I used to have nightmares as a little kid where I was in Oliver's place during that scene. Neglected, abandoned, then washed away in the dark and forgotten. Didn't make me feel scared, exactly, more like...heartbroken, I guess. Same thing happens whenever I watch the Fox and the Hound.

No, Great mouse Detective had come out just before it.

>1897
>modern day setting
I don't think you understood the question.

You mean worst? er, i mean, the only one that isnt good?
Literally of all disney movies the one i've never had any interest in seeing again, and in fact only ever saw once and constantly forget it exists?

Ohhh. Not him, but I actually really did not. By " the best modern day Disney movie," I honestly thought OP meant the best Disney movie made in the modern day, not the best one that is SET in the modern day. That makes a big difference and really makes his post much less confusing.

Well in that case, the best Disney movie in the 90s set in the modern day would have to be Rescuers Down Under, no question.

Let's see... the contemporary setting Disney films would be:

Dumbo
Saludos Amingos
The Three Caballeros
10 Dalmatians
The Rescuers
Oliver and Company
The Rescuers Down Under
Lilo & Stitch
Bolt
Wreck It Ralph

Chicken Little, Big Hero 6, and Zootopia would technically count as well. Plus segments of Make Mine Music, Fun and Fancy Free, and Melody Time.

>Snow white and Pinocchio are that old
Damm, They still look good,

Where's the song of the south?

The list is only fully animated feature length films in the official Disney canon from Disney's primary animation studio, so Song of the South, Pete's Dragon, The Reluctant Dragon, Mary Poppins, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, etc, aren't on it.

>
>Let's see... the contemporary setting Disney films would be:
>
>Dumbo
>Saludos Amingos
>The Three Caballeros
>10 Dalmatians

I'm fairly certain Fox and the Hound took place in modern times, it's just modern Down South, which is a little bit primitive.

I remember it because oliver is the cutest motherfucker ever.

Yeah, for real. Say what you want about the movie but don't ever insult this pure boy. Best cat for sure.

The death of Sykes was the best part.

All Dogs Go to Heaven is the movie Oliver and Company wanted to be, but fell short.

Still has some good moments, like the final car chase.

I always thought it was in the '30s.

>Inb4 rednecks lel jokes

>Best cat for sure
*blocks your path*

I can't even remember his name, but he's OK too.

There's really nothing in it to suggest that it's set any more recently than the 1940s or 1950s though; all of the cars are from the 1930s or earlier and the train is a steam locomotive.

>3 Caballeros
I can't be the only one who really liked this.

Was this a rape joke?

No, she was asking for it. She was pissed that Dodger wasn't interested.
Her character was all over the goddamn place. I don't know how she turned into a "good guy" by the film's end. Really needed a scene where she had a change of heart.

I liked it until I actually read oliver twist, which made me hate this movie's guts

>She was pissed that Dodger wasn't interested.
I think that was the joke. She pretended that she didn't want it at first. And you make a good point. Georgette doesn't have any kind of scene where she feels remorse. She just joins the pack when Jenny is captured.
Reading is for nerds.

>there is hemtai of Jenny.
>actual good hentai.

I personally found it meh. Solid BILLY Joel performance though

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

>that really hot comic where all the animals fuck her

I remember it for Sykes

Fuck the 2011 Winnie the Pooh was pure kino.
Really fucking mad that it didn't get the attention it deserves.

I remember it for Tito.

youtu.be/6_IsiCmI-n0

Fuck you
Billy joel carried this movie

Released the same weekend as Harry Potter.

Not even submitted to The Academy.

Disney smothered that bitch in its cradle.

What did you expect from the villain of industry?

Also, fuck Shrek awards, they are worthess.