Yellow Submarine Thread

Finally saw Yellow Submarine,Such amzing flim! why dont they make animited flims like it anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M4vbJQ-MrKo
youtube.com/watch?v=w_MSFkZHNi4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's very acid trippy, but I enjoyed it. Also, the chief blue meanie is our guy.

this. lsd wasn't outlawed until 1967. the grateful dead used to perform at PUBLIC lsd parties.

The acid you get now is shit compared to 60's stuff too.

It was very much a product of its time, hitting at peak psychedelia in the late 60's and utilizing that aesthetic to its fullest with by far the biggest band from that era providing music and the basic premise behind the film.

That said, THIRD PSYCHEDELIC REVIVAL WHEN

Imagine if Robert Zemeckis had success in his attempt to make a motion-capture remake of this movie.

>MNM: the sequel

FUCK NO.

I like how with all the tripy acid stuff it was also a fun adventure full of puns and over the top villains. If they tried to make a film for another band it probably wouldn't have turned out that way.

>Yes, they do look very nice, don't they?
>Yes, they do.
>They do though, don't they?
>Yes, they do.
>Don't they, though?
>...
>Do?

> why dont they make animited flims like it anymore?

cos the Beatles split up?

eh y'know what, i flippin love this film

first saw it as a kid, and was at that impressionable age when you watch the same flik over and over

probably the best introduction to both cartoons and music you could have

i mean, it's the beatles man

dey do doh dondey do

So fucking quotable. I love how the older I get, the more gags I get.
>Any ol' Ein, any ol' Ein, any any any ol' Einstein

It is amazing how well they captured the beatles' sense of humor despite them not being involved
then they saw it and were like 'shit, this is actually good. let's make an appearance'

>Once upon a time
>...or maybe twice
Good from the first fucking second

What was the best musical segment?

Probably Nowhere Man but how can you make me choose?

It's easy, because this has a scene in the re-release. youtube.com/watch?v=M4vbJQ-MrKo

I've been putting off watching this movie. Is it still good if you don't like The Beatles?

i have to admit, growing up on the american version, never seeing that, it's pretty neat.. it has some neat chords and stuff, but it definitely wouldn't be my favorite sequence.
As long as you don't actually dislike the music, yeah it's a great movie. If you do, you're going to be annoyed pretty often

Yes. It uses their music heavily but the dialogue and visuals should more than make up for it if you're not into them. That being said it has some lesser-known tracks that you might like if you haven't heard them before, assuming that you haven't listened to everything they put out.

its absolutely wonderful user, beatle knower or not it's a fun time

>S-senile delinquents!

>FRANKENSTEIN!
>Yeah I used to date his sister, Phyllis

>why dont they make animited flims like it anymore?
They do.

youtube.com/watch?v=w_MSFkZHNi4