Doctor Aphra #11 (Aug 9)
Cassian and K-2SO Special #1 (Aug 9)

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

What is she, /swco/?

Get that shit out of here.

Rex confirmed for ROTJ

Why are the Chiss so alluring

Bane?

>The war continued for another 4 years before it crumbled

"Thanks to their victory on Endor, the Alliance reorganized itself into the New Republic and continued to wage war against the Empire, fighting to reclaim the Core Worlds.[1] The Empire, meanwhile, splintered into various factions, some of which the New Republic believed had retreated to the Outer Rim to prepare a major offensive against their enemies. Despite a counterattack posthumously issued by the Emperor,[25] and an emergency summit on Akiva,[3] the Empire's ultimate collapse came one year and four days after the Battle of Endor, following the Battle of Jakku,[1] after which the Imperial remnant signed the Galactic Concordance and put an end to the Galactic Civil War.[26]"

Blue Fever

Why is he stabbing himself in the head?

Why don't they just throw Darth Vader's lightsaber into Mount Doom with the Daenerys' dragons?

What a shitty fucking conclusion

Ganondorf isn't Star Wars. Get that shit out of here.

>literal gray Jedi BTFO
Meta as fuck

It's a shoop

I can't tell whether you're suggesting they use Dany's dragons to get there, or throwing the dragons in alongside the lightsaber.

Both are fine by me.

Dude he was not a fucking grey Jedi dumbass

>grey skin

>the joke
>(You)

Are you stupid?
That post was about an ANH plot hole.
Also there not at all too many lightsabers in the PT. Totaly fits the era. Stop thinking the OT has to be the template for everything.

>I was only pretending to be retarded!

I'm not even that guy, but he said 'literal grey jedi' did you really think he meant the fucking meme from the EU?
I'm sorry you're retarded

I didn't say anything about whether or not the amount of lightsabers fit in the PT era, nor did I say the OT had to be the template for everything. Stop projecting. All I was saying is that essentially less is more when it comes to lightsabers.

Fucking hell you guys always have to make everything into console wars-tier arguments

>I am pretending not to samefag!

>I was saying is that essentially less is more when it comes to lightsabers.
But that's not neccessarily true though. Nothing in the PT was excessive lightsaber wise save for the Yoda/Palp fight, and not because they shouldn't have lightsabers (they should), but because that fight just should have stayed on the cutting room floor for a variety of reasons.

The fact that he's a literal gray Jedi has been a running joke here since he was first revealed

>I'm not retarded
>SAMEFAG

That end quote was obviously a misclick dumbass

If only...

I'm not really referring to the lightsaber duels, but all those times they ignite a lightsaber for no reason whatsoever. Off the top of my head I can think of Obi-Wan and Qui Gon igniting their lightsabers when they notice the gas pouring into the room on the Trade Federation ship. It's the first time we see lightsabers in the PT, and it's done in the most underwhelming way and is literally pointless.

It never would've occurred to me while reading the Darth Bane novels that his orbalisk armor looked that fucking retarded.

>It's the first time we see lightsabers in the PT
But not in the series.
>and it's done in the most underwhelming way and is literally pointless.
I don't think so. It shows that these are Jedi from before the purge and that this is how they operate. You will be seeing a lot of lightsabers.

RLM drone detected

>Obi-Wan would have been willing to leave the Order for a woman
>a filthy Mando whore at that

Fuck's sake Kenobi, I thought you were better than this.

>less is more when it comes to lightsabers

I loved the PT, but I'd have to agree with you there.

I thought the whole point of the PT was to show that Jedi, and by extension their lightsabers, were far more commonplace and that in the OT they were wiped out of everyones memory, to the point that Vader was a terrifying entity

Why doesn't the saber frequenct fit the era?

You seem to be agreeing with the post you replied to.

Go fuck yourself
It's not, people are just dickheads who think it's cool to hate on it and anything Legends

Exactly. I think the whole 'lightsabers are precious and only for special occasions!' thing doesn't apply to the PT

The problem is that it only took twenty years for Jedi to become stuff of myths and legends with The Force reduced to "sorcerer's ways" despite, according to the PT, Jedi and Force-sensitives being very well known and fairly commonplace throughout the entire galaxy in almost every culture for millennia. The speed at which the Empire managed to seemingly wipe out all knowledge and evidence of the Jedi and Force in only two decades doesn't add up.

>"sorcerer's ways"
They were only that to that one cunt on the Death Star. The rest of the fucking canon material in the OT already shows that knowledge of the Jedi is still around.

Except the Jedi -were- known by most of the galaxy. The Empire made it illegal to practice the Jedi ways or possess a lightsaber, but they didn't actually do anything to snuff out the existence of the Jedi.

>according to the PT
According to the OT, too.
Obi-Wan straight up says that the Jedi were the guardians of peace and justice before the dark times. He also talks about the Jedi purge.

Even if you were being sn extremely uncharitable asshole, the Jedi were active as the galactic peace keepers as recent as 30 years ago, per the OT. Making the PT no more than 10 years off.

>The problem is that it only took twenty years for Jedi to become stuff of myths and legends with The Force reduced to "sorcerer's ways"
1. "Sorcerer's ways" is just one cuntwaffle being a cuntwaffle to vader
2. The Jedi ARE the stuff of myths and legends. Anakin in TPM only knew of them because he'd heard traders and smuggers and whatnot from offworld tell stories about Jedi

First. You'd be amazed at what propaganda can accomplish given 20 years, which is basically a generation.

Second. We see the PT through some what skewed eyes, as we are following the Jedi. So of course just about everyone they meet knows who they are.

I think you're baiting. As there are plenty of examples that go to prove otherwise that you are clearly ignoring. The first one being context.

Such as there only being 10,000 Jedi in a galaxy of literal trillions who only ever involve themselves in the greater community for diplomatic reasons on behalf of the Republic.

>lightsaber
The legends design is legitimately bad.

is she dead?

>supposedly some catholic priest performed some impossible things like curing someone of cancer and schizophrenia by excercizing them
>the soviet union bans christianity and religion in general
>the adults who were at the least teenagers when the revolution happened are atheist because it's state law and they rationally think that priests performing miracles isn't possible
>'Why don't these Soviet Officers believe in the power of prayer?'
>Soviet Officer: "Gladly our comrades god rid of the stupid superstitious Christians! Now we can have a nation of rational intelligent citizens instead of weak minded fools who rely on 'prayer'!"
>'So does this mean that he doesn't think Christians ever existed? If the Soviet Union is trying to hide that Christians existed then how does he even have concept of a Christian to make fun of? How does he even know what prayer is?'
>inb4 'yeah but there would be easily manipulated holorecordings of the Jedi around that the Empire (which has a history of manipulating recordings circa Episode 3) would have probably edited to have the parts where the Jedi use the force cut out!'
tl;dr 'This religion was fucking stupid' =/= 'Obviously this religion was never real and no practitioners of this religion ever existed.'

Yes, from a certain point of view.

Darth Bane "A Star Wars Story" when?

>Disney making a movie where bad guy wins

They have. What is it with these Disney myths I keep hearing?

“Come on,” Thane said. He sat opposite her, cross-legged, deep within the Fortress. “You know this.”
“Do I?”
“This guy started a war.”
Ciena’s head swam. They’d been reviewing galactic history for three hours now. “Okay. The criminal gang that interfered with a legal execution on Geonosis and sparked the Clone Wars was led by…by…” She shut her eyes, winced, and said, “Mace Windu?”
Then she opened her eyes again to see Thane grinning at her. “See? You knew it all along.”
>-Lost Stars, Chapter 2

So far as Ciena could tell from the few holos she’d ever been able to watch, most people in the galaxy no longer believed in the Force, the energy that allowed people to become one with the universe. Even she sometimes wondered whether there could ever have been such a thing as a Jedi Knight. The amazing tales the elders told of valiant heroes with lightsabers, who could bend minds, levitate objects—surely those were only stories.
>-Lost Stars, Prologue

People basically believed in the Jedi because obviously they were important figures in the most important events in recent history (the Clone Wars and the formation of the Empire) but they weren't entirely sure what they were. Like imagine if someone told you the Mujahedin had superpowers and used to lift Soviet tanks with their minds during the war in Afghanistan along with mind tricking the pilots and forcing them to crash the plane on 9/11 and not only that but 9/11 was the only way to prevent some crazy event that would have resulted in a nuclear holocaust so Osama Bin Laden was really a good guy all along. They would sound fucking crazy and that's why when people tried to say that the Jedi could use magic powers or that the Jedi were the good guys people treated them like a retard. Like the Mujahedin, their existence isn't outrageous, it's simply a fact of history. The outrageous thing would be that someone is trying to convince you that they were the good guys or that they used magic.

Do you want to get proven wrong by counter-examples solely from the Star Wars franchise or by Disney properties as a whole extending back to 1928?

So I'm thinking Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell may have had some input from Lucas (and may be partially recanonized by the new comics) because canonically the Rebellion had only been on Hoth for a month and in the audiodrama Luke and Han are diverting the Empire's attention while the Alliance moves all their supplies to Hoth when Han encounters a bounty hunter on Ord Mantell. This was obviously meant to be shortly before ESB because the quote in ESB implies that this encounter happened not long ago.

Basically I half expect the whole 'Han encounters a bounty hunter on Ord Mantell a month before ESB while trying to divert attention away from the Rebel's move to Hoth' story concept to possibly be from George and therefore still canon.

Also should have noted that it came out in 1983 meaning that it possibly had input from Lucas since he was very involved in the early 80s.

>Guys, this thing that was mentioned in ESB might still be canon!

Not an argument. I said 'guys this thing was released around the time that Lucas was very involved in material like audiodramas and lines up very well with canonical lore which could possibly imply that concepts from it will end up recanonized'

It's not canon. If they ever make mention of Han encountering a bounty hunter on Ord Mantell it won't be anything like that, especially given that Ord Mantell exists in canon thanks to TCW and has been changed to suit Lucasfilm intent. That's no more canon than any EU work that based off something in a film, many of which have been retconned by TCW and Rebels.

the way the star wars comics are going right now

in the new canon the bounty hunter will be cyborg dooku clone who forgot he was a sith and still has force powers but is gray

then he will fight luke with pure pottery style like anakin fought dooku and then he will get jobbed by a fucking box

then luke will BTFO the gray not-jedi and say "truly the force was female all along" and then make out with spunky black chocolate lady

No shit sherlock I know it's not canon. I'm just saying that it's very possible that this whole 'bounty hunter on Ord Mantell' story could still possibly have happened around the time that the Rebellion was setting up their Hoth base.

I don't doubt it. Tarkin and Screed's Western Reaches campaign is in a similar position.

Off-topic but
>Han encounters a bounty hunter on Ord Mantell.
People shit on the prequels for doing this but the OT is guilty as well. Especially Lando's story of being a general. People hate the mention of Anakin and Obi-Wan in a Gundark nest but Lando and Solo get free passes.

>Not an argument.
I wasn't arguing, just pointing out that you were making a big deal about something obvious.

Seriously do you even know what "not an argument" means?

Hey you know what else, I think that right before they went to Jabba's palace, Luke, Leia, Lando and Chewie all came up with a plan to infiltrate it! Do you think maybe Lando was in disguise as part of that plan? I sure think so! Maybe that's also why Leia was in disguise? Hopefully this is canon!

whoops wrong thread lel

So while looking up why old lego tie fighter sets were blue I fond this.

>I think that the blue TIE was justified. In Episode IV, the blue screen technology of the time wasn't advanced enough to distinguish a blue ship from the blue screen, so the crew changed the color to gray. Same with R2-D2, his blue panels are corrected to black in every scene where R2 is seen in space. In Episode V and VI, the TIE gray is a dark blue, as originally intended. This is reflected in the Kenner toys.

>Now, why didn't Lucas correct the gray to blue in the Episode IV special edition instead of, say, adding a rock in front of R2? We'll never know the answer.

then I looked it up and sure enough tie fighters used to be blue

what the flying FUCK

Do you like Star Wars /swco/?
Are you having fun with your new Star Wars toys and stuff?

yes mommy kathy

Color is a fun thing. There've been entire online wars waged over whether Han's hoth jacket is brown or blue.

For the record the actual jacket was brown, but due to ESB's heavy blue filtering on Hoth it looks dark blue. So the debate ended up being whether the Hoth Han toys should depict it with the prop-accurate brown color or the screen-accurate dark blue.

Man, what a sick ass design. Love the hints of Vader and the lightsaber pike.

That is some tism

Welcome to the fandom with some of the most autistic nerdfights.

Shieldgate is only one of stupid arguments that derive from the result of YEARS canonizing every single little thing.

I think it's only gotten worse since NuCanon. Before things had settled into a kind of groove where obviously the really early shit like Splinter and the Marvel stuff just kind of didn't count, and Heir to the Empire was the start of the "real" EU. But then TCW was overwriting it but the people bitching were clinging to stuff that specifically overwrote old stuff so most people just laughed at mandofags and just kind of shrugged at the retarded continuity snarl that was Dathomir(which had to exist as four separate planets with four separate groups of force witches because of mutually exclusive details). The really big autists had either moved on or been hired like Pena and were trying to sort it out officially, so the fans kind of didn't care. There was enough shit by that point that you built up a tolerance and stayed in your corner.

The moment NuCanon was declared though that shit went out the fucking window. Declaring it all super duper canon and equal reignited every single argument since now every individual measurement and feature and ship model must be checked against every other one. Which sounds good until you realize Filoni and co. have to shit out weekly episodes so you get stuff that plain doesn't make sense like Light Cruisers suddenly sprouting missile launchers and an invisible hangar bay in one episode that never shows up again, or that Abrams didn't care at all so the Lynchpin of the franchise doesn't match the pacing or details every other piece of work does. It's only been a few years but the LSG is basically shrugging already and saying that sure, it's all canon, but not literally writ and enshrined, which is what canon fucking means. So autism is flaring up all over again and can't be assuaged in the same way.

why are we put in this galaxy

>autistic post complaining about autism

I had this tape but I doubt anyone at Lucasfilm even remembers it. Anyway there's at least one totally different verion of "that bounty hunter on Ord Mantell" from around the same time. All supplementary media are ultimately a disposeable consumer product.

Also:
>justifiable specism in Current Year
>actually indicating where the Falcon's cargo hold is

Saxton will save you all.

>Light Cruisers suddenly sprouting missile launchers
I mean that is the kind of shit I don't get. Different ships, or aircraft which I'm going off on this, IRL have different equipment even if they are the same type or class.

To be fair though I also don't remember when that happened, but it hardly sounds like an issue.

It isn't. He's being intentionally nitpicky because he can't think of anything else that LSG has really slacked on so he points to that and goes "l-look this is proof LSG is useless and the EU was better for everyone!"

i don't think that was the point of his post at all user

why haven't we gotten an animated show with the OT group after ROTJ yet?

Read it again. He's buried it behind a commentary on the general nature of the fandom but that's where he's laying the blame.

>tfw no qt Inquisitor to touch me inappropriately

Mate do not fuckin defile Meldy's art.

That could very well be next. They probably only want to have one show greenlit at a time, less risk that way.

reminder j k rowling will write the nu jedi academy books

enjoy black tenel ka

Why will no one draw the best waifu?

Sorry user, Ezra's only purpose in a galaxy far, far away is being molested by mature women.

>Ganodi
>waifu
user pls.

This tbqhwyf

>Ezra's only purpose in a galaxy far, far away is being molested by mature women.

>less is more

I demand those books be written by by Vox Day, a titan of science fiction an a man of impeccable moral compass. Not some surrender monkey whore from a third world Muslim shithole that would not even exist if it was not for the heroism and grace of warriors like Vox Day, alpha male of science fiction to a degree that cannot even be contained by the definition of alpha male.

>Not some surrender monkey whore from a third world Muslim shithole
You're trying far too hard

You know, I try not to shitpost but every so often I'm in a thread and there's this silky British voice saying FIRE WHEN READY COMMANDER.

cute kid hope she becomes a Jedi

coming to Disney XD in 2018

>implying Katooni didn't survive Order 66 and met her old pal Hondo to join his pirate crew and raid Imperial supply convoys
>implying Hondo didn't give her his ship and crew and this is the reason why he is all alone and without a ship in Rebels
>implying Katooni isn't a qt Space Piratequeen who still has that weird nasal voice