Do you have any hope for the New Gods in the DCEU?

Do you have any hope for the New Gods in the DCEU?

God no, and I find it depressing. Im just going to wait for that 4th World omnibus

no. it's impossible to convey whats cool or interesting about the new gods in a hollywood movie today.

god, he looks generic as fuck.

>hope
>DCEU

>give ares a retarded mustache
>also make him a retarded skyrim armored wizard
>remove Steppenwolf's mustache
>also make him a retarded skyrim armored wizard

The best scenario is that they don't use New Genesis.

But if I had hope...then I hope they mention the First War.

Yeah man, looks great. You can really see the Kirby influence in the fact that he looks like a grey armored video-game boss. I'm sure they're gonna delve deep into the themes of war, industrialization, and authoritarianism, and not just use the Apokolips guys as big bricks for the heroes to punch.

My greatest hope is that this is just Snyder being Snyder and that the New Gods after his departure are much closer to their traditional Kirby designs.

>You can really see the Kirby influence in the fact that he looks like a grey armored video-game boss.
Hey man, I've seen some better designs in video games. I hate how boring and generic Hollywood character design has been for the past decade or so.

How in the fuck does Thor Ragnarok have more Jack Kirby influences than actual New God material?

Seriously, the Parademons and the Boom Tube actually going BOOM is fantastic...but everything else is not feeling at all like Fourth World.

Well, Steppenwolf sounds kinda like I figured.
But he should be dead. His death is the turning point for Highfather.

"DC" and "Hope" don't belong anywhere near the same sentence

But user, Wonder Woman.

Yes, at least after the Justice League movie when Geoff Johns is in full control.

How about I hope everybody at DC dies a fiery death?

after Batman Vs Superman I disengaged fow a good long while, whats the latest with his leaving? whats happening moving forward? Given WW's success, I can't imagine they'll stick with the old plans that closely anymore.

>Geoff Johns
Writes the worst New Gods this side of Wilson.

Is highfather even gonna show up? I've only seen BVS and WW and I haven't heard or seen shit about new genesis at all.

Joss Whedon stepped in to help finish JL and its gone under a few reshoots, as for what and how extensive is anyones guess

>Please don't let him show up.

>Implying BvS was bad.
>Marvelcuck confirmed.

Yeah, I don't hate Geoff like most of Sup Forums but he's not a good choice. I wish DC would be a little less incestuous in general the same 5 guys have been doing stuff for it for way too long.

Oh, they're definitely not going to show up.

They didn't show up in Smallville,
And played no significant role in the DCAU.

Apokolips only gets any play cause of Darkseid.

At the time, I thought it was *ok*. I do firmly believe that editing could've saved it. I like WW but in a " it's better than the absolute mess I was expecting" kinda way. Editing could've saved it as well.

New Genesis appeared as much as it needed to in the DCAU. The most prominent member, Orion, got his moments, along with Scott/Barda, and it was all probably for the best

>New Genesis appeared as much as it needed to in the DCAU

If you're going to use Darkseid and his Elite, then Orion needs to take the center stage.
If not, then what the fuck?

>he thinks Johns does a good job with Fourth World
Go read Origin and Darkseid War and try and keep that opinion

>he's not a good choice
>I wish DC would be a little less incestuous
Would you rather someone who doesn't know a thing about comics run the DCEU? Quite frankly Geoff Johns is way more qualified to run the DCEU than Zack Snyder.

sad, because while darkseid and co. are great villians when done well New genesis and the weird ones like the black racer are the real heart of the New Gods.

without it's opposite Apokolips isn't really Apokolips, it's just a shitty planet living under a dictatorship. It's nature is fundamentally different.

Sad, I dunno. This is why I disengaged.

Because at the end of the day, it was still a Superman show/Justice League show. Dont get me wrong, would have been nice, but Im glad we got what we did

Jobberseid is Bestseid.

Understandable.

Point. It doesn''t actually make the situation feel much better though.

I wasn't arguing that it wasn't a good show, just that they showed up "as much as it needed" is just fundamentally wrong.

>Would you rather someone who doesn't know a thing about comics run the DCEU?

Yes? How is this even a question, they're not producing comics, they're producing movies. Put someone in charge that makes good movies.

Easy there, Dave. Don't go misunderstanding me now. New Genesis did have its moments

Taika Waititi is a better director than Zack Snyder.
He appreciates color and humor.

Not trying to misunderstand you.
Just trying to be clear that having moments doesn't really mean much if other characters are hijacking their story.

Well they aren't giant monsters but humanoid so yeah I do

>not believing in based Johns

On one hand
>Parademons and boom tubes look perfect
On the other
>Steppenwolf's a big bad ayy lmao and motherboxes are allsparks from Transformers

I don't know how they can get stuff right on certain things but screw up other things that are closely related.

And have it run to the ground like with other COMIC book movies directed by non-comic book fans? Doesn't sound like a wise choice. Just look at Catwoman, Elektra, Supergirl & X-men Origins Wolverine(someone clearly didn't like Deadpool).

>& X-men Origins Wolverine(someone clearly didn't like Deadpool).
That wasn't on any filmmaker, that was on Tom Rothman (man who moved Firefly's to graveyard slot and eventually canceled it; man who prevented xmen 3 for being made for years because he wanted the director to quit; man who prevented deadpool from being made at all until he was fired; man who turned galactus into a cloud et cetera) because he actively hates the comic book industry. His current goal at his new employer (sony) is to find, in his own words, "the next thing after comic books" (which so far has led to Ghostbusters and The Emoji Movie)

>His current goal at his new employer (sony) is to find, in his own words, "the next thing after comic books" (which so far has led to Ghostbusters and The Emoji Movie)
He hasn't moved on to anime or video game movies yet?

>And have it run to the ground like with other COMIC book movies directed by non-comic book fans?

No. Hire someone who knows how to make movies and give them to competent directors.

Also, I find it funny that you cherrypicked the worst of the worst movies, directed by a bunch of no name directors.

Is that the Night King?

>so far
Sonic and Uncharted are in the works.

No, that's Batman.

>Uncharted
Is he the one who decided that it needed to be some kind of prequel thing? Also, was he the one who almost changed Nathan's name?

>Sonic
I hadn't heard anything about this at all.

not really, if Orion even shows up in a cameo I'll be impressed and that's pretty depressing

Man, western action figures not made by McFarlane really are shit.

Sam Fisher has really let himself go