Reviving a show just to ruin it and give it a shit ending

>Reviving a show just to ruin it and give it a shit ending
Holy shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5WyOp-zonpM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Been there, done that

Only the second half was shit
Music and visuals were still god-tier and the fan service was decent before they reveal the Guardian was dead long ago

literally the ending the show was about from the beginning
i will never understand you people. you're literally insane if you thought the show was going to end any way other than what the theme song beat you over the head with

DUDE WITHOUT AKU I NEVER EXISTED LMAO

seriously. The show shocked me at how good it was with the first 4 episodes then decided to dissapoint me with all the "what if's" even taking away from my hopes that AT LEAST Jack could be fucking happy but no.

>all those dicksuckers who said "DUDE ITS IN THE SONG GOTTA GIT BACK"

All they had to do is was the obvious ending of "you cant go back but you can make a better future etc etc" and it would have ended fine.

The ending was good, stop being a contrarian cunt.

>new season copies the tone of the original 100%
"Ruined forever it was good the way it was reeeee!"
>new season is different in any way at all
"NOT MUH REEEEEEEE!"

You're 3 months late

Couple months late there senpai

O

>hur dur i gotta disappear now bye

>literally just a plot device because edgelords can't handle anything being good

>not even a good bad ending

It's really sad but I would of been better with no ending, the fight was anticlimactic, Ashi was a non-character only for waifuing and being retarded and I felt empty after it. Would of been better of having someone just tell me "Jack beats aku". I would of felt literally the same emotional attachment to this episode. Oh and don't give me that "he didn't have enough time for a proper fight AND the ending",

1. the ending was completely unnecessary and it could of been a thirty second flash out if they really needed it to be, timetravel should create a new timeline therefore Ashi wouldn't of disappeared. If she disappeared then how would she of been able to travel back in the first place?

2. they wasted nearly a full minute of the scots men naming his daughters and episode 9 was a complete waste of an episode. Thats nearly a half hour they could've used to fix this episode, but they decided to rush it at the end. It was really fucking bad.

what if
the quality of the original show has been exagerated over time
and the ending was just as good as the dogshit parts of the old seasons

MY GF HAS AKU'S POWERS

>Shit ending
Anally destroyed Anti-Jashifag detected.

Reminder that all those people who lived in the future were wiped out when Jack went back in time to kill Aku.

Jack killed countless people.

I miss Scaramouche and Scaramouche posting.

WTF I GOT AKU POWER NOW LOL

>Whoa, I guess we really are gotta get back, back to the past, Samurai Jack, wha'cha

>we literally had Scaramouche as our White House Press correspondent
>he only lasted ten episodes

SHUT UP THE ENDING WAS GREAT! HE HAD TO GET BACK TO THE PAST ITS IN THE SONG. DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE ORGINALL

Still a good ship

either that or he left them there with a now unkillable aku

0/10 Ashi's face isn't nearly long enough

>literally the ending the show was about from the beginning
I don't remember anything about a love interest stealing the spotlight halfway through

I've watched the original show this year, and haven't seen it before. It really wasn't as great as I expected. But it's also CLEARLY better than Season 5 and the ending in general.

Specifically, what made the show great was that it just about never took time out to focus on emotions. Not to say that it never had any, but the focus was always squarely on either the strange new world or the action. Season 5 dedicated about an entire episode of runtime to O WE ARE IN LOVE WE ARE SO IN LOVES WITH EACH OTHER, and ended it with WE ARE IN LOVES- NO WAIT NO SHE HAS BEEN KILLED BY A NONSENSICAL PLOT DEVICE OH NO. THIS IS DEFINITELY AN ENDING WORTH WATCHING.

...Or, at least, that's on the abstract emotional level. In terms of actual writing, the entire ending was an 11th Hour Superpower where Jack didn't really do much and just so happened to befriend the one person spontaneously capable of time travel.

>people still defend season 5

I miss recording vocaroos of mouche posts

i haven't seen anyone defending it in this thread

I miss the threads
youtube.com/watch?v=5WyOp-zonpM

TV-MA was a mistake
Overarching plot with character-driven narrative was a mistake
Love interest was a mistake

Making a Samurai Jack season that wasn't Samurai Jack was a mistake

First 3 episodes are worth defending

I thought you got tired of le ebin shit ending xDDD meme already.

The season is only bad if you watch it as a standalone series.

If you watch it just as a "Final Arc" to the series as a whole, it is not as bad. Sure, could have been way better.

The ending was shit, faggot. I'm sorry you're too stupid to understand that.

Sure, I can try. Uhhhhhhhhh I really liked all the parts that weren't specifically about Jack and Ashi's ship or the ending. The blue alien chicks, Jack's descent into insanity, everything about Aku, even the visuals. About the ship, Ashi's totally hot, I just think it's creepy that a 70 year old man is in a relationship with some girl that might be twenty at most who doesn't even know how the outside world works. I think Jack works more as a dad figure. The ending totally sucked because it was crazy anticlimactic, they didn't even kill Aku in the future, powers out of nowhOLY SHIT I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DEFENDING IT. UH. UH. I THOUGHT THE BACKGROUNDS AND LITTLE DETAILS WERE REALLY NICE LOOKING, THERE WAS SOME CREATIVITY, AND SCARAMOUCHE WAS FUCKING AWESOME, BUT THE ALIEN PRISON EPISODE WAS REALLY BORING AND I HATE THE FACT THAT JACK LOST HIS BEARD

GOD DAMMIT

>Reviving a show just to ruin it and give it an ending from a decade-old anime
ftfy

Season 5 was literally perfect.

the original was a boring ugly piece of shit