Coco Thread

So the great grandma dies and reconciles with singer husband in the afterlife. Miguel returns from the afterlife and the trickster gets sent to jail. La Familia.

Way to ruin your masterpiece Pixar.

youtu.be/E3j2dzQJwFo

It's a "he's slowly turning into a skeleton plot", fucking lame.

won't play in china. Has ghosts

>caring about Pixar post-2010

IScoobyDoobyDoo.

It's an episode of El Tigre?

Somebody remind me again what the deal is with China and ghosts?

>mexican
>not black eyes

something something religious overtones they do not want added in with disrespect towards dead

In reality its an excuse to censor foreign media, The Chinese government were never comfortable with Hollywood presence in their country, as they produce their own films they will put the choke to imports more and more.

China as a country is like an empire of alien machines, the farthest thing from the human mind

Didn't El Tigre do that?

Nobody watched El Tigre
I did and if I had the episodes I'd stream the entire show tonight

Jesus... every new piece of info that comes out about this manages to somehow make me even more unenthusiastic than the last

What's the dog for? How did it get there? Tripped over guitar or something?

In a country that used to regularly worship their ancestors, ghosts can be a touchy subject.

>its a MUSIC REEEEEEEEEEEE story

Mexicans were a mistake and we should stop trying to pander to them.

If Coco sucks, is there a chance something worthwhile will win the Oscar next year?

>communist country

>giving a shit about the afterlife

I'd settle for just getting them the fuck out of my country.

We Mexicans produce our own media so we don't fucking care about getting pandered to.

Also this shitty movie happened because white hipsters got interested in spooky sugar skulls.

No one panders to Mexicans very often. They tried in the early 2000s but then they realized most Latinos don't really care about representation, hence not profitable. That might change soon though, now that the generation who grew up here is old enough to complain on the internet.

Didn't an Episode of El Tigre do this where Tigre and Blue-haired Girl go into the land of the dead and start to turn into skeletons the longer they stayed there?

Meanwhile at Disney,the more confusing trailer the better the movie is going to be, happened with Tangled, Frozen and Zootopia.

This is the modern version of Antz vs. A Bugs Life.

mediocre book of life copycat

It's nice to see Mumbo Jumbo is still able to find work

>the more confusing trailer the better the movie is going to be
>Frozen
>Zootopia

Maybe they're not as good as originals, but yes, very enjoyable movies.

I hate those goddamn generic human eyes

>We Mexicans produce our own media

And it sucks dick. It used to be cool, but not since 2006 or so.

t. another mexican

I liked Coco better when it had my sugar goddess waifu.

I liked it when people didn't pretend to give a shit about Book of Life.

I'd like Coco better if it had near as much visual flair as TBoL had

I'll shit on your lawn once im done working on your garden, puto.

Mondo keks

Mustard after dinner.

BoL was first, it's a gorgeous, flawed movie with some good ideas here and there.Coco is same old shit ordered by Disney.
Remember when Pixar cancelled Newt because it was too similar to Rio? Where's that Pixar now?

China stopped being communist ages ago. It's just a regular totalitarian government now

They're not pandering to you, they're pandering to the spics in our country. Luckily Trump will be sending them back to you soon.

>Where's that Pixar now?
Still a highly regarded studio for quality animation? While Blue Sky Studio's last feature was...Ice Age: Collision Course

I want to rub my dick on his cute chubby cheeks

Not ghosts persay, but skeletons.

Promoting superstition is illegal in China.
This often means that depictions of the undead are banned. Many companies pre-emptively remove them from the Chinese market versions of products to remove a potential obstacle in their already super arbitrary approval process for foreign media.