Really?

>Characters literally knowing Satan exist
>Therefore God, angels and etc also exist and should be obvious
>Rick the most realist character.
>Rick:"God not real Morty."

This makes no sense and just make Rick the biggest retard on Earth really.

Rick is a massive contrarian that will take almost any side as long as he thinks it makes him come off as superior. In the Christmas episode he berated the family for being on their ipads on "the day of the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ."

Why does atheism trigger people so much?

>Rick literally yells at God for the rain this episode
Rick's personal beliefs on God are entirely based on what would be funny at the time.

Rick is a self-absorbed nihilist.

He rejects god because he refuses to entertain the idea that anything could be greater or more powerful than himself.

Which is why when he's vulnerable it leaks out. But once control is restored he returns to a spiteful asshole.

>board claims to hate Rick and Morty
>Can't stop talking about Rick and Morty

I don't give a damn the show having an atheist mindset, I would prefer it really. But the show literally give undeniable proof of the existence of the Devil and therefore God in that universe. Which makes being an atheist in said universe with this knowledge the most ignorant and stupidest idea imaginable really. And Rick literally being the factual guy should know this, but somehow still hold his atheistic belief just for the sake of it. Again, pretty retarded really.

Rick sees himself higher than g9od.

He also probably hates god for what ever happened to his wife.

Rick also has no respect for authority figures and their rules.

I'm just sad to see my favorite cartoon comedy completely die in the space of two episodes. :(

It’s a mediocre comedy show, who cares.

>Guy calls himself the Devil
>Clearly this means Christianity is true
>Despite the "Devil" having no knowledge of multiple realities and being outsmarted by a scientist
Hey user, I'm Allah. Cause I say it it must be true. Guess you're a muslim now.

Allah is literally the arabic word for God.
It would lend credence to the Abrahamics if such a being was running a magic trope shop.

Now, he could just be an alien with sufficiently advanced technology, but the fact he tried to commit suicide for the express purpose of returning to hell...

If atheists have it all figured out, why are they always so sad?

Because, despite the protestation of nihilists that there is a freedom in it, it ultimately leads only to despair.

if christians have it all figured out why are they always so dumb?

This.
>t. Nihilist

>The Devil and Rick himself calls him Satan
>Satan is clearly the Christianity version of the Devil
>Satan never existed without God kicking him out of heaven
>Hell exist
>Thus a logical conclusion is that there is a God in that universe and they are basically denying a fundamental truth in their universe.

please stop posting strawman comics

Republicans are evil so it all makes sense, baka

""The possibility that we are living in a false vacuum has never been a cheering one to contemplate. Vacuum decay is the ultimate ecological catastrophe; in the new vacuum there are new constants of nature; after vacuum decay, not only is life as we know it impossible, so is chemistry as we know it. However, one could always draw stoic comfort from the possibility that perhaps in the course of time the new vacuum would sustain, if not life as we know it, at least some structures capable of knowing joy. This possibility has now been eliminated."

Atheism + False Vacuum Hypothesis = crippling despair, though the best option at that point is to embrace existentialism/absurdism.

whenever rick thinks he's going to die he mentions god

Being Christian ensures they don't have to deal with low T asinine cunts which is the impetus for alot of it

this, why won't anyone get it?

Of course! Life is pointless without god!

the birth of a supervillain

Yes.

Anything you try to post to refute that is an admittance of this fact; if you impose your own points, there is no inherent one. And that's fine, but you can't posit one without the other.

Sup Forums loves Rick and Morty.
If they tell you any different they're still mad about Samurai Jack.

Didn't Samarai Jack have a marathon that delayed other new shows by a week?

How did Jack fans feel about that?

His own atheism prevents him from becoming a god. As long as he believes there is no god, he cannot become one. And if he casts aside his belief to become a god himself, there's a god to stop him.

>Post that tries to sound deep, but says nothing

I think the show follows star trek next generation logic where beings with supernatural powers exist in the universe and as far as humans are concerned they are gods, but in reality are just other organisms. In the same way monsters don't exist, but to someone who knew nothing of the world, giant squid or grizzly bears are monsters to them.

Very positive they didn't care if other shows got delayed.
For a bit there all that The Jack Fans wanted was Jack, and anything that got in the way of that they hated forever.

You need to understand that atheism and theism are thoughts, and people are capable of changing their minds. Rick only believes in god when its funny to.

Don't you find it funny that fucking Sup Forums of all places has turned into a good christian imageboard that attacks atheism on sight? You fucks are the ones most likely to go to hell first if anything.

Literally nothing has changed in terms of plot, character development, writing, animation. I get maybe being lukewarm on the latest episodes if for whatever reason they aren't your cup of tea, but this apocalyptic talk is just out of nowhere. Honestly, I think its underage nostalgia of a show they watched originally when they were 13.

>god has to exist just because satan does

Love and hate are both attractive emotions.

On one end, you have a bunch of atheists cringing at behavior that hits too close to home, and on the other end you have Protestants sperging out because not everyone believes in their god.

>there's a god to stop him.
sadly no

eh, he ptayed when he thought there was no hope. He's a nihilist or an atheist out of spite.

They're just being ironic.

Satan wasn't kicked out of heaven. You're thinking of Lucifer. Yes, they're different.

I just wandered in this post on my way to /an/ because it's cozy and they have bunny threads and stuff but seeing that poster I wonder- what the hell is the point of that post?

I'm guessing
>see's post mentions religious in the context of Rick and Morty
"Hmm"
>clicks on reply
*scroll, scroll*
>selects one of the surely many pro-Christian comics he has on his computer
>posts without making a comment, because he hasn't read any other one in the thread

_Done_

Is that about what happened you think?

>Literally Satan from the bible
>Only reason he exist because God kicked him out
You: Somehow not getting to this simple conclusion.

Depends on the belief system.

It really wasn't that bad. Nobody would've read into it if Harmon wasn't virtue signalling.

Well someone who lies to themselves until they believe a bunch of bullshit often feel better than honest people.

But even if you're not an atheist there's no reason to pick any particular pantheon. There are countless gods and spirits floating around. So if you're not an atheist you have to decide which fantasy beings out of thousands or more to believe in. I kind of like the early Roman Numina or Shinto spirits.

Fuck, I haven't seen this image in a decade.

rick's beliefs depend on his own survival/situation
in the schrodingers cat episode he prayed because he though he might die
in the pickle episode he told god 'not as much moisture'

First, I consider myself a fairly comfortable and happy person. Second, it's irrelevant to whether your understanding of the universe is accurate or not. Reality doesn't care if it makes you feel bad, reality is reality. I hope no one's coming to a conclusion about God because the alternative makes them sad.

That poodle is getting raped, isn't it?

So riddle me this, all you smartymen. If there's an endless number of universes with endless possibilities, there have to be universes in which god exists, right?

he starts praying as a last resort, then turns a 180 when he's miraculously saved. They're not drawing any hard lines here. Rick is flexible because he has different concerns

>ironic
Funny word for it. Back in my day we called it "being retarded".

how can I meme this poodle into a new flavor of the month?

Pretty sure a woman wrote this episode too

>If there's an endless number of universes with endless possibilities, there have to be universes in which god exists, right?
Sure, maybe.

But there aren't. There's just this one, so far as we know. And in this universe, god is a story told to children to emphasize human virtues, as well as help them come to grips with mortality.

Probably has a different concept of the devil. You usually don't abuse steriods with your granddaughter and go beat up the devil.

I'm starting to think this comic is actually genius

>you fucks
us fucks boyo

is this self aware?

this almost sounds sarchastic

"No Morty. Just the devil. He's the true god of this world. Pathetic, I know."

Is this just a christian comic? Feels like something darker is behind it. Kinda like religion huah.

The whole episode was Rick disputing the supernatural claims with science. He makes a detector and proved it all is real and no magical or spiritual. That guy wasn't Satan.

He asked God favors on two different occasions by my count. To dial back the rain and to help him out of the schrodinger vortex. So I guess he's got Rick's back.

ITS A COMEDY CARTOON
Stop taking shit so fucking seriously, you fucking autists.

>This makes no sense
There can be the real beings of "god" and "Satan" but that doesn't make them like their biblical counterparts and it doesn't make them exist in all of Rick's multiverses.
When he said "God isn't real", he meant that there's no higher power of good that will come to Morty's aid, which is perfectly in-line with how Rick chooses to live his life because of it.

Because it stops becoming an argument when people refuse to play the game by your rules.

I love reddit.

>I wake up early every sunday with a fake smile to go to some church filled with Irish mutts to praise some kike who was a cuckbaby that destroyed the Roman Empire? Look who's unhappy now!

The show and Rick himself admits that he's indeed the Devil.

The show and Rick himself also admit that nothing matters.

I mean, he literally beat the shit out of satan for being mean to his granddaughter, I don't think it is a question of belief but rather a question of respect

Yes, nothing matters to them. All I'm saying that in universe, Satan exist and so does all the other stuff.

>>Therefore God, angels and etc also exist
Wrong.

Sup Forums loves rick and morty
Sup Forums also loves being contrarian hipsters

so they keep their love for rick and morty secret to get the best of both worlds

Yes, no one made that waterfall and Forrest. It came to be that way over millions of the years.

because they understand that their failures can be blamed on nobody but themselves or the people they choose to surround themselves with
none of this 'it's all part of gods plan' bs
pretty sad realization that religious people are immune to

It's almost as though Rick carries his own preconceptions about the world, and he's not meant to be presented as the arbiter of truth, but rather as a flawed individual often meant to be pitied as much as admired.

Christianity did not destroy the roman empire, the roman empire survived for more than 1200 years after it adopted christianity as its official religion

Because atheists are pretentious fucks who pretend their mindset is the only right one

What did destroy Rome were rising immigrant populations and the collapse of the slave economy.

Not all religious people go to church

those were certainly factors to the fall of the WRE, the empire itself was running on such a deeply flawed system that its frankly amazing that it lasted as long as it did
>soldiers loyal to their commanders rather than the state
>no set rules on succession
>this leads to leaders frequently killing off their best generals because they (often justifiably) see them as a threat to their rule
>extremely rampant and unchecked corruption
>all the richest provinces are concentrated in the east, west got fucked hard by the split
>no one can actually conceive of a world without the empire, so leaders consistently underestimate the depth of crises

And I assume you're better than them because you pretend your mindset is not true?

I don't presume anything because I know nothing. Atheists claim there is no God but provide no proof they're also the loudest fucks right now along with the mudlsimes about their beliefs and how people should respect them

In Pickle Rick God sends Rick storm clouds to keep him from frying in the sun and he seems to acknowledge that.

There was also him literally begging God for mercy when it seemed he was definitely going to die.

Satan existing does not prove God exists. He could be a powerful extra dimentional being.

Nothing can prove God exists.

That is why it is called faith.
Try having some, op.

>Satan cannot exist without being thrown out of heaven by God.
>Rick called him Satan and not some extra dimensional being.
>Hell exist in that universe

You: As you can see my fedora is looking great as ever today and shows my impeccable intellect accordingly.

/thread

Now can we move on to shitting on the new ep?

can't unsee

>Nothing has changed in character development
>Rick sacrificed himself at the end of the last season
>Now he wont take jaguar to another universe to get his daughter back
There is definitely a universe where jaguar is dead and his daughter is alive but nooo we couldnt have had a nice moment like that or another of the great Rick's secret experiments is revealed to someone that doesnt even care

Reminds me of satanists

>"PRAISE SATAN. HE IS THE ONE TRUE GOD."

>"OH LOOK. CHRISTIANSLOL GOD'S NOT REAL YOU. THERE ARE NO GODS YOU ASSBACKWARD RETARDS"

>"PFFFTT"