HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You here that Sup Forums, we're the reason Marvel comics have been going under, excuse me while I laugh even more

archive.fo/jldl2

bleedingcool.com/2017/08/06/comics-serious-problem-trolls/

Good.

Fuck SJW Marvel.

I'm not buying shit until the president of the company offers a formal written apology for America Chavez.

It's because they tried to make money playing both sides and they ended up getting burned.

Hugbox of Ideas

So let me get this straight. The new Marvel characters aren't succeeding because people online are attacking them?

You're gonna wait for a long time. I'm still waiting for that retraction of OMD.

I remember when the advice for combating trolls included getting thicker skin.

>Our awful company that produces shit is going under
>WHAT DO WE DO?
>I DON'T KNOW MAN, BLAME THE FANS HARDER, GUILT TRIPS ALWAYS WORK ON US LOW-TEST MANLETS, MAYBE IT WILL WORK ON THEM TOO
bravo, marvel.

Or ignoring it entirely. Social Media has really fucked with peoples minds

this is about diversity & comics making mean videos, isn't it?

Well at least he is talking about the creators themselves being retarded on twitter.

From what i gather from this article...it's saying... people who already weren't going to buy the comics didn't buy the comics, and it's their fault that the comics didn't get bought, even though comics weren't made for them, nor were they included in the demographic for the annual outlook. but the intended target audiences didn't buy anything either. ...but THAT is the fault of the people who were already not going to buy anything??

Is this a conspiracy?

Anyone got that tyler the creator quote? only tangentially relevant but still rules to live by.

JUST WRITE GOOD COMICS.

I'LL READ SHIT EVEN IF IT GOES AGAINST MY POLITICAL BELIEFS IF IT'S ENJOYABLE. BUT AS YOU'VE PROVEN YOU FIND IT HARD TO DO POLITICS, PERHAPS IT WOULD BE BEST TO AVOID IT IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE THE GOAL. WHICH IS AS FOLLOWS:

JUST WRITE GOOD COMICS .

To marvel, it isn't possible to admit that they had a market strategy that failed. That would mean admitting that they need to change in order to address it.
They're going to double down until their entire company gets bought wholesale by Disney, I bet. At that point I wouldn't be surprised if there is no longer a Marvel comics, but instead a Marvel spiderman, Thor, Capt. America, and Iron Man quarterly.

Honestly? This would be better.

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

Wow so writing non-stop outrage bait produced a large number of hecklers? Who would have POSSIBLY predicted that outcome?

Anybody have that pic where Alonso or Brevoort said they prefer angry fans?

I Got you senpai

The actual article was about how comic stores and social media were not "safe-enough" spaces for newer read female and brown audiences to enter the fandom. Which is bullshit. It had little to do with sales actually and I'm sure this guy doesn't care about that anyway.

Right-wing dissent will be dead in a few years anyway. Google's new youtube "limited state" policy will utterly BTFO the right and ensure 1,000 years of leftist domination

>snowflakes can't take some bantz

>hahahaha righties btfo censorship always works, it's never failed the left in the past!!!!!
I actually hope Youtube does go full gestapo, because I'd like a competing service to pop up.

Oh look: Another shitpost thread to attack anyone who wants to provide actual pro-comics content.
And Christ! This public slander with the clear intent to harm Marvel's business is literally criminal.
Way to not do your jobs mods.

Feels damn good.

just like an alternative to reddit popped up after tehy purged the right

How's posting memes with pedos on dead voat boards going?

>Comics felt inaccessible to minorities, women, and POC for years due to a) a perceived lack of their presence in the material and b) a threatening, unsafe feeling generated in comics spaces, whether through language used or the perceived glares of those admitted into that world.
I am brown, I am Mexican, and I've always loved Spider-Man since I was a kid, it seriously baffles me when the American minorities are said to be these special snowflakes that can't get into anything because somehow it's racist to them. I just don't udnerstand what kind of retard you have to be to be deeply offended for this or whatever.

Yeah, I get hyped out when my country gets a mention, or a character is from here, but I do not enjoy my favorite characters getting swept under the rug in favour of these progressive replacements.
I certainly wasn't pleased when Sam Alexander popped out of nowhere and was annoyingly pushed the fuck out whiler Richard Rider stayed dead. The America Chavez solo fucking offends me, and not because it has shitty shoehorned broken spanish every other line, but because the writing it's fucking shit. So, yeah whoever who wrote that can go fuck himself for all I care.

I'm surprised they didn't blame the Russians.

>Leftists need to censor opponents in order to not lose arguments
This doesn't exactly say anything good about your side, user.

>e America Chavez solo fucking offends me

Someone brought up that's she's not even Latina, she's a being from another dimension appropriating the culture. That's the poster hero they're trying to sell.

"hear"

I'm not arguing for anything. I'm just saying, the right is going to absolutely die once youtube is lost.

>A major part of this may be freedom of speech laws, especially in the US, which arguably have not yet caught up to modern technologies.

>not arguing for anything
You're clearly arguing that you and those who share your political views should be able to silence others just because they disagree with your views. And not only that, you're obviously proud of such a despicable practice.

Oh look: A wild Marvel employee made their way to the party. Before you drown in your own tears tell us on scale of 1 to 10 how big is the but hurt at your office?

Also speaking of not doing a job...

>purged the right
last I checked, Reddit still has every right-wing board on their site.
But I don't visit Reddit like you do, so you clearly have more experience on how Reddit is like. Maybe you should go back there.

> it seriously baffles me when the American minorities are said to be these special snowflakes that can't get into anything because somehow it's racist to them. I just don't udnerstand what kind of retard you have to be to be deeply offended for this or whatever.
That's the thing, no one is like this. People want the superheroes they grew up with.

Which is why when they shove Cancerthor or Captain Dyke into everything; it ends with sales collapsing. They're marketing to a demographic that exists only in their mind at this point.

I wonder if Capn Cummings is butthurt his little protege is getting all the attention he wanted.

You already know that on a scale of 1 to 10, butthurt at Marvel right now must be pushing 100.
I'm amazed they don't have employees throwing themselves out of windows to escape the eventual axing that their entire offices are going to receive.

>There are people who thought this was seriously a good marketing strategy.

You, sir, speak the unvarnished truth.

The trouble is she was Latina first. Then Gillen went all retarded and had to make every character in his book gay and connected to the Gay King Wiccan

It's a shame because I can't actually stand Diversity&Cmx, he coughs like a triple-smoker when he talks, and he has lots of awkward pauses and impediments that prevent him from speaking clearly.
People trash e-celebs, but clear, audible public speaking is a skill that people take for granted.

That cuntnis fucking annoying but C&D doesn't know what he's talking about half the time and does everything in a shitty way. I'm actually surprised he still has a patron because harassing people is a violation of service. Something sarkkan had to deal with when anita called him a piece of shit person.

The thesis was that the comic creators and the core fanbase was racist. By choosing more diverse creators, and making more diverse products, new markets would open up.

It seems that politicizing the power structures, from editorial, to creative choices, to the press, to the awards ceremonies didn't actually make the product any more appealing to either the existing market or the new target market.

>No, not rebirths, retcons, or reboots (or perpetual event comics)

Really? Are you really sure that isn't the problem? Because that seems more of a serious problem than """"trolls""".

I'd also add constant relaunches, constant #1s, constant variant covers, giving books to characters that don't sell, synergy, purposely increasing the prices on comics too high, not telling people a mini-series is a mini and making retailers/readers gamble on it, shipping extra issues to retailers that didn't order them and making them pay for the extra issue they did not order, lying to retailers, constant late issues, poor editorial, terrible art, and terrible writing/story decisions.

Maybe if they stopped doing all that then there would be less "Trolls"

This is pretty stupid. Yeah you can "turn it off" but by doing that the bullies win. They've denied you access to a service.
It's like saying just don't eat lunch because bullies keep stealing your lunch money at school.

Your metaphor is stupid, and you are so ignorant of the basic functionality of twitter and other social media that it's not worth addressing.

It's EXACTLY that kind of retardation that powered the GG block list and shit like it,
that ban people based on the shit they read.

>I'm actually surprised he still has a patron because harassing people is a violation of service.

There's probably some clause they're arguing over. Something like technically his patreon is for the videos and he harasses for free.

What Bully user? Where has there ever been a bully?

I thought these people hated Facism and oppression like Trump. Yet I constantly seem them wanting to turn everything into 1984.

>the right is going to absolutely die once youtube is lost.

The net is vast and infinite.

>Yeah you can "turn it off" but by doing that the bullies win. They've denied you access to a service.
>It's like saying just don't eat lunch because bullies keep stealing your lunch money at school.
No, that's not what it means. It means turning it off by ignoring words, because words can't hurt you, no matter how mean they are.

> Sup Forums
> Trolls
I don't see it

>Yeah you can "turn it off" but by doing that the bullies win.

Win what? If something is annoying an individual so much they're freaking out then the "bully" already won. Taking a break is what they need.

>It's like saying just don't eat lunch because bullies keep stealing your lunch money at school.

Hey, it worked for me!

There are legit lawyers and groups pushing for limitations on freedom of speech now because it 'does more harm than good'

Brave New World soon comrade. I've enjoyed the golden age with you all, but soon it will be over.

theoretically if they were to name names, what names would they name?

Posting so no one has to click the link
>There’s something rotten in the world of comics. It’s something I’ve noticed for a very long time, sadly, but the last few weeks has seen it feel even worse. Maybe even the last year, emboldened by the kind of discourse pervading our world now, even down to our politics and societal structures. That problem is, simply put: trolls.
>No, not rebirths, retcons, or reboots (or perpetual event comics) — no, the problem with comics has become a frankly toxic element of discourse that has pervaded every section of comics, from fandom, commentary to critical elements — and even the creators and publishers themselves.
>Note: I am not going to name names here. This article isn’t about playing the shame game, and I will not be calling any particular individual out, but I most certainly will be discussing the kind of harassment and offensive dialogue that has sprung up in comics, or at the very least become far more visible, through the advent of social media.
>After all, there has probably always been a negative element. The idea of gatekeepers to the comics community and fandom is hardly new. It’s what led to all those offensive stereotypes of comics fans as fat, balding, middle-aged white men living in their mothers’ basements — because it was happening. Comics felt inaccessible to minorities, women, and POC for years due to a) a perceived lack of their presence in the material and b) a threatening, unsafe feeling generated in comics spaces, whether through language used or the perceived glares of those admitted into that world.

>The why of this, why would they be like this, is largely a simple psychological response: they are made to feel powerless in the world, and unfortunately a natural inclination for humans, a very base response, is to “reclaim” some of that power by passing along those feelings of powerlessness to someone they feel they can — such as individuals or groups new to the area or community, or who are themselves seeking a safe space. Think about that for a second: this is basically the entire discourse of the wider social and political world at the moment too, a behaviour purposefully manipulated on a larger scale outside of the comics community. What we are seeing in comics is perhaps a microcosm of that.
>But social media seems to have magnified things to a scale hitherto unseen, and it is perhaps all the more horrifying to see because we are at a time when those women, POC, and minorities are at least being attempted to be brought into the comics community.
>After all, social media has done many great things. It has made access to creators, publishers, and the fandom so much easier, and has played roles no doubt in helping some of these newer, more diverse voices from becoming beacons in the community — whether it be at a creative level, critical level, or fandom level.
>However, it has also made it easier for those who would dissent to change to find and target those they feel are ruining “their” comics. And certainly of late, we have seen female creators and editors and trans creators and editors face an insane amount of hate, irrational thinking and vile speech — and yet the perpetrators have faced little to no reprimanding.

>"In the majority of cases, while some of the things they are saying are so morally vile and objectionable, they have not broken any of the protections built into the sacrosanct laws of freedom of speech — they have not incited violence or unsafe physical situations (or at least not in a legally provable sense); they have not said anything that would be deemed obscene (they often avoid swearing or crass imagery, though not always); and they do not say anything that could be construed as legally libellous or slanderous."

>"From this standpoint, Twitter can stand behind a wall of “they have the right to say these things”, no matter the moral implications or repercussions. They might try to argue that shutting them all down is not possible, but we know this isn’t true. After all, any account that is perceived to have any remotely Nazi content or imagery is banned in Germany…where such things are illegal and would see Twitter getting sued."

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” - C.S. Lewis

>This is especially true of Twitter, which continues to allow users to harass trans comics creators. A major part of this may be freedom of speech laws, especially in the US, which arguably have not yet caught up to modern technologies. In the majority of cases, while some of the things they are saying are so morally vile and objectionable, they have not broken any of the protections built into the sacrosanct laws of freedom of speech — they have not incited violence or unsafe physical situations (or at least not in a legally provable sense); they have not said anything that would be deemed obscene (they often avoid swearing or crass imagery, though not always); and they do not say anything that could be construed as legally libellous or slanderous.
>From this standpoint, Twitter can stand behind a wall of “they have the right to say these things”, no matter the moral implications or repercussions. They might try to argue that shutting them all down is not possible, but we know this isn’t true. After all, any account that is perceived to have any remotely Nazi content or imagery is banned in Germany…where such things are illegal and would see Twitter getting sued.
>But while to some extent comics has always had this problem of toxic environments, let’s not forget that old stereotype: such examples were usually socially awkward themselves and would not express these views publicly. Of course, this is another element where technology came into play and changed things.
>Because since the advent of the internet, people could anonymously throw out their hatred and bile without fear. It emboldened such voices to finally speak up loudly, and they sure as hell did so. While it may forever be impossible to measure the size of this element of fandom, it can’t be denied that this element is loud.

>Posting so no one has to click the link
Appreciate the effort, but that's what the archive link is for. It prevents the site from getting clicks.

>With the advent of social media, this became a more difficult situation, as this element now had access to make their statements not just into the either, but targeted at individuals and groups. They got to see themselves as digital gatekeepers “protecting their community” from the outsiders — instead of welcoming new insights, new fans, and potentially new friends.
>This element continues to grow and get bolder too, and this is in large part not due to laws not catching up with new technology — but rather with the publishers and creators themselves not catching up with an ever changing audience and an ever-changing time.
>The trolls of the internet probably feel safe in speaking their minds as they do, as the creators they idolise often do the same. There have been a number of creators who have publicly via social media made troll like comments themselves, whether it be making fun of fans who are concerned with the direction of a story or shutting them down for expressing concerns from a different viewpoint; actually threatening critics or calling them idiots or liars because they have a distaste for the site they work for or other writers at that site, or merely didn’t like a review or article they wrote; or expressing social or political views that previously they would have kept to themselves. And publishers have been few and far between in any kind of reprimand against this action.

>While the ability social media gives fans to feel a greater connection to their favourite creators is one thing, it has also allowed the trolls element to feel safe in their aggressive, threatening messages because they see people in places of “authority” within their community get away with it, too.
>Comics, then, has come to accidentally nurture this environment, even when it has worked against them. Even when it leads to movements pushing back against the trolls such as #MakeMineMilkshake, they simply move on to the next group that they perceive as unprotected
>This may be the biggest problem facing comics right now. If the tolls gatekeeping the community persist, it will continue to put off new people from wanting to join the community, even despite the best efforts or creators and publishers. We need to foster an environment where this kind of hatred; this kind of ownership, this kind of moral wasteland can no longer be permissible.
>And this really should be done from top down. What needs to be found is a way of turning these examples of bad behaviour into an actual conversation. And I do not mean by the minorities or communities being affected — it is not the job of these groups to educate trolls; they are spending enough time dealing with the fallout and trying to live their lives. Rather, as a community we should not just rally towards showing support, but also towards seeding change — not just of opinions and hearts and minds, but of the nature of the conversation away from an environment of exploitative and reactionary poop-flinging and towards mature, stable, and reasoned conversation that is open to new viewpoints.

Fucking disgusting

>We have seen examples again on the wider stage of where the discourse of the world has moved away from healthy debate and education and towards this new paradigm of statements designed to send people into a rage, preventing all reasonable conversation. The reason for such discourse is clear: it’s self-serving. You get to hear your own voice and opinion, and then watch the rabble as those it’s offended because of the way it was delivered vent and rage — and speaks to the primal element of those who agree with you. It is designed to eliminate reason in favour of the instant gratification of having your own thoughts “validated”.
>But we cannot allow that to continue. We cannot allow the validation of attacking and hurting minorities, or indeed anyone. We need the comics community to change — and it is all of our responsibility to work on that.

that's not what /r9k/ said user ! Do you mean I can, like, ignore people on the internet???!

>Brave New World soon comrade.
We'll all be invited to the orgy porgy, though...
...R-right?

I though "Angry Readers" were good though?

Diversity and Comics
The Hacker known as Sup Forums
Trump
Doug TenNapel
Fox News
Putin

Of course user. We can’t do without any one. Even Epsilons are useful. We couldn’t do without Epsilons. Every one works for every one else. We can’t do without any one...

>be me
>Marvel
>Jewish disney boss wants the shekels of everybody
>says we should do new stuff
>everytime we do something new we say it was an alternate universe
>to the point where we will have to reboot the multiverse like DC
>gotta break the status quo with a bunch of spreglord as my main writters
>OHGODBENDISISINTHETEAM.jpg
>Don't know how to write a character for shit
>write new shitty characters
>except they're the same as the old one
>Anidea.jpg
>Make them all "diverse" so people won't see it's the same shit they had 10 years ago
>1 year later
>sells are so low even my self-esteem is higher
>people saw through the "diversity"
>OHSHITGOY.jpg
>start screeching at the fans, putting anti-white male, pro-queer and gay messages, but most importantly call all fans nazis and shiet
>surely this will work!!

Probably Cho too.

Pretty sure constant events and relaunches are more damaging to comics than twitter bitchfits.

So I'm not the demographic and they have specifically said that they don't want white males to read their comics because it's not "for us". But it's somehow still our fault when their shitty garbage comics don't sell?

>if you ignore a problem it will go away

Somewhat related.

That has never been the right way to deal with any problem, ever.

I don't see trolls making the shitty creative and business decisions behind modern comics. Unless they are purposely trying to crash the industry as a prank, in which case it is the worst prank ever.

Frank Miller
Howard Chakyin
Nathan Edmonson
Frank Cho

People simply being an asshole is very rarely an actual problem. Even if they're a wrong asshole.

it needs to crash again.

Don't forget the transphobic anti-Muslim Howard Chaykin!!! He should be blacklisted from comics and banned from twitter!!!

Comics, movies, TV, and vidya all need a huge crash. A cleansing. Burn it all down and start fresh.

>making a fuss over what anons on the internet say
Are you 12? Are you litteraly 12? Or just Sup Forumsmblr?
Words on your computer litteraly only have the impact people give them, that's why I can call anyone a faggot on this site and nobdy'gonna go crying in their mom's basement, because nobody cares, grow a pair you faggot

Yes.
As a white male, you are obligated to buy and support progressive comics. Failure in doing so means you are a racist/sexist/transphobic/rapist that is dooming the industry.

hahahahah

Marvel is pathetic.

KEK. Based.

>arguing on twitter

When will they learn? If you argue with every person and give them attention, you're just hurting yourself and giving them more ammunition.

That article was about five times as long as it needed to be to make its simpering, whiny point.

>Or ignoring it entirely.

This. Dumbshits need to stop feeding trolls.

>i'd like you to hear me bitch about that guy in your company
>dude, i'm like, the company itself
How can they ever recover?

At this point, I'd settle for Quesadilla just admitting "Okay...Maybe we could have handled the why and the how of the storyline a little bit better than having Spider-Man make a deal with (Not)Satan to save the life of an 80+ year old woman who was content with dying anyway."

You're a fucking faggot dude.
Now give me your goddamn lunch money and sit in the corner while I fuck your mom's asshole until she forgets your pussy father's name, you fucking dork.

See, now on the internet me saying this means diddly fucking shit.
If I did this in real life, I'd be different.

You know, the whole argument American pro-gunners make about how the 2nd Amendment applies in the same way that the 1st Amendment applies to modern technology?

That was supposed to make you reconsider the opposition to the 2nd Amendment. NOT MAKE YOU THINK 'THAT'S RIGHT! WE NEED TO CENSOR THE NEW TECHNOLOGY!'

Fucking hell, we need to resurrect the English Radicals.

That's why (((they))) are pushing so hard for the FCC regulating the internet.

Jesus. Did this bullshit article need to be this long?

Nah, if anything we need a serious war or something to distract everyone from all of this petty bullshit that doesn't matter.
Or maybe somebody can just biologically engineer up a Godzilla to decimate a few cities and bring everyone together. It doesn't even have to be a very big Godzilla.