Bounce & The Watch

>What the fuck is this ?
Yet another Sup Forumsmic project.
>About what ?
A team of five black ladies work together to fight crime in their neighbourhood.
>Is this a fetish thing ?
No, you’re thinking of Superhoes >What has been done yet ?
Character concepts, some concept art, basic plot ideas for the first adventure, draft for issue #1/Bounce Origin in the works
>What needs to be done ?
Fleshing out of some (mostly supporting) characters, plot threads for possible future adventures, more art, an actual comic page/issue, more drafts
>What isn’t needed ?
New OC concepts (except if you can tie them with the existing characters in a convincing way), art begging, bitching

I'll also use this space to thank all previous contributors (writing and art) for their work, it’s greatly appreciated, and to tell artfags to not be discouraged by shitposters. Criticism is welcome but try to keep it constructive.
If you feel I forgot something or there are things that don't make sense or incosistencies, please tell me and I'll try to rework things so they make more sense.

If this thread is met with disinterest or shitposting galore, we’ll probably pack up and continue this project outside of Sup Forums.

Someone pointed out that a mom and pops tire factory is unrealistic in a previous thread. Any proposed alternatives that could work for rubber powers?

Adinkra lacks supporting cast and a real motivation to come to Cowan (the fictionnal rust belt city where this takes place). Alll in all she needs her personal origin fleshed out.

June's character is pretty tied together, but I think she lacks some "oomph", some maybe more endeering characteristic. Dramtically there's potential though.

I tried to develop one of her brothers, that may affect the backstory shown here.

We have no visuals here, not even references, so you fags get crazy with that.

She really hasn't changed much since her creation. Supporting cast needs work.

Here's a supporting character: one of QG's borthers.

As I said the backstory is murky, mostly because I struggled to find how a gang leader could fancy himself a hero.

Other supporting characters 1/2

other supporting characters 2/2

Basic concept of thow the team meets
>During her investigations to find the truth about the death of her husband, Bounce stumbles upon the activities of a local gang, the Sparks, that seems to be doing the dirty work for the Evil Corp. She quickly finds out that she’s not the only one interested in this gang when she keeps stumbling onto scenes of defeated thugs wearing the Sparks’ attire, who always seems to be next to a graffiti with the tag « Queen Ghost ».
>When June arrives in Cowan she quickly learns of a gang of violent wannabe vigilantes who have modeled themselves after the former iconic protector of Cohan : Jim Milton (The Spark, her father). When she stumbles upon a group of Sparks who seem more intent on racketting the neighbourhood’s small businesses than on fighting any sort of crime, she can’t take that offense to her father’s lagecy or the disgusting lack of honor in those thugs using their might against the weak. She decides to hunt down whoever leads that gang and quickly runs into Bounce and/or Queen Ghost.
>Adinkra joins them for the second adventure [two possibilities for how Adinkra may join : 1) Evil Copr does shady rubber business in Ghana too, Adinkra is investing that ; 2) the naive Adinkra is just a fan of the newly formed Watch that she’s been following from afar, and asks to join (at which time she also comes up with the team name) ].
>After their adventures, the ladies of the Watch have taken the habit to go rest and eat at the peaceful local diner owned by Terri Walker (later to become Street Player), much to her dismay. Over time, the girls (and/or the circumstences) convince Terri that she can’t just sit idly by, and she joins the team.

And that's all I'm going to post for now.

Go wild.

Woops, that's not the latest version (personality updated)

She needs to be thicker!

Fuck you.

She's supposed to be

I liked that concept too but for fuck's sake can we move on from how the character with the most art should look?

It won't be hard for them to simply thicken her up next time

Tire recycling center. Husband was actually shot by gang members/triad/mobsters/recurring villain and dumped in the tire shredder.

When Roberta takes over the business and STILL doesn't play ball or pay protection money the same guy gets sent round to do the same to her. Only this time experimental chemicals from that big CORPORATE disposal order mix in fueling her transformation.

The big thing about her husband's death was that it should semi-convincingly look like an "accident"

>When Roberta takes over the business and STILL doesn't play ball or pay protection money the same guy gets sent round to do the same to her. Only this time experimental chemicals from that big CORPORATE disposal order mix in fueling her transformation.
That probably works., although we were originally going with a "she tries to get the experimental chemical to save the comapny family, while betraying her father's honest business ideal" conflict. Maybe that's not necessary though.

I thought it was an accident involving an experimental rubber experiment, the leaked alien tech thing

Work on this shit along with the other Sup Forums projects on the Weekend Sup Forums creation shit. No need to continue to spam this faggotory.

Awesome I'm glad you guys kept the picture I could try redrawing with the more widely excepted designs with the requested thickness.

Warning, I draw slow as fuck.

Anything at all is much appreciated

That character's done, and her proportions are also done. You and these clowns spazzing out about "thicker!" were always part of the problem. Move on to a different character, or let the whole thing die, like it should.

There doesn't seem to be much interest so I don't want to gratuitously bump, if the thread is dead contact me on discord at "poops mgee#5581"

So they ate all going to look exactly the same body wise then?

this is going to come off extremely petty and nitpicky
all those correction squiggles are driving me insane. I don't even understand why they're showing up most of the time; the spelling seems fine and there doesn't seem to be enough going wrong grammatically that it should be showing up so often

Looks like you missed the point, because you choose to ignore when that user posted the concept reference images, they all had different bodies.

What

My only hope for this is that there isn't a black girl with the whole 70s black girl look that people keep inserting into things cause they think black girls look like that. Tired of seeing the big afro with the hoop earrings

Eh it was just a question, I was also interested in doing the mech shick as well seeing as little to no work as been done on her at all. I just see it as most practice seeing as I need more of that in mechanized items.

>Sup Forums OC collaboration attempt #12,366

As if the million Sup Forums and pickle rick threads weren't bad enough