Will the 22 minute Frozen short airing before Disney/ Pixar's COCO be enough to make COCO a hit?

Will the 22 minute Frozen short airing before Disney/ Pixar's COCO be enough to make COCO a hit?

>22 minute
Are you fucking serious? If they're gonna keep making Frozen shit and THEN a 22 minute short, why don't they just make a TV Series?

Supposedly Coco is another Good Dinosaur. Unnecessarily sad, full of cliches, and very mediocre, but great environments.

No

Coco being good will make it a hit the short will just make it more of one

This is honestly one of the reasons I'm not seeing it in theatres. I actually enjoyed Frozen, but if I wanted to see Frozen, I'd watch fucking Frozen.
Plus, Olaf wasn't ever funny. Sorry. Easily the worst character in the movie.

>but great environments
top fucking kek

I feel like Frozen's popularity is reaching its apex. I don't see that many people talking about it and I'm not even sure if little girls care anymore.

>Go see a specific film
>Have to watch half an hour of another film first

>22 minutes
Is this a joke?
Anyway, I don't think this will stop Coco from flopping just like Cars 3 did

They're making a sequel and want to keep interest in the franchise alive, so they're putting out a 22 min piece of canon animation to keep toy sales up while waiting for the full-length sequel that'll hit in november 2019 iirc

2013 november 27 Frozen, a full length movie
2015 march Frozen Fever, a canon 7-min short,
2017 october 27 Olaf's Frozen Adventure, a canon 22 min "short"
2019 november 27 Frozen 2, a full-length movie

seeing how Frozen Fever already took place nearly a year after the events of the first movie in franchise canon and featured some character development, I'm guessing the 22-min "short" will also subtly change the situation, perhaps it'll advance the relations between Anna and Kristoff further or introduce a conflict or an underlying tension between Anna and Elsa or something.

Well it has been nearly 4 years since the movie and 2 years since the 7-min short

This is the same thing they did with the Cinderella live action movie from 2015. They stuck a Frozen short, albeit a 5 minute one, in front of that to get people in the seats. When Disney has no faith in your movie, they stick Frozen in to make up for it. I expect Captain Marvel to have a similar set up.

>Frozen short in front of Captain Marvel is Elsa and Anna as superheroes

It was supposed to be a Frozen tv special like the LEGO one they did on the Disney Channel. However, since social media buzz for Coco has been very low, I guess they decided to stick it in theaters instead.

>Another day of the dead story
Is anyone interested in these anymore?

I don't think many people were ever interested in them, they just showed up for the animation.

They didn't even do that. Book of the Dead was a flop.

>great envirnments

nah.

For real. This looks like Pixar's laziest designed film since Brave.

i wonder what happened to them.

All the good staff went over to Disney to make great films like Zootopia

ah yes, i remember how that went.

Santa not being real was less disappointing.

I guess we'll find out when the sequel drops in 2 years.

you know, this is brilliant marketing strategy, release a sequel every 6 years, so the audience who saw the original will bring their 5-6 y/o kids to watch sequel with them.

>When Disney has no faith in your movie, they stick Frozen in to make up for it.
>live action Cinderella

>22 minutes

Why couldn't they just air it on Disney Channel or ABC? That's not a short, it's the length of a television special

MERCH SALES.

Because it's supposed to be a christmas tv special. For a long time it was talked about as this tv special that'll air on disney ABC around holiday season 2017.

I guess Disney isn't feeling confident about Coco, so they changed plans and will slap the tv special as a "short" in front of Coco, and had Lasseter iirc spout some bullshit about how when they saw the finished material, they really felt it deserves to be seen on the big screen

>release a sequel every 6 years, so the audience who saw the original will bring their 5-6 y/o kids to watch sequel with them

m8 the original audience for Frozen is like 4-9 year old girls.

>It's about worst character

The idiots don't realize why Frozen was popular in the first place

original target, but not the actual audience who boosted the movie into being the most profitable animated movie of all time

>Go see a specific film
>Have to watch half an hour of 7 other films first

Olaf sells way more merch than Anna

he meant Elsa, the woman every little girl wants to be: powerful beatiful and irresponsible.

Coco is basically guaranteed for a financial success.
>Has stupid Frozen movie before it with everyones favorite wacky snowman
>Movie itself will appeal to shitload of Mexicans
I want this movie to bomb because I want them to leave the boat ride at EPCOT in Mexico alone.

It's Pikachu's Vacation all over again.

At least this one has actual human dialogue, so parents won't be tortured.

>I am so sorry Mom and Dad

I can't wait for stupid modern day people to walk out of the theater thinking it's the wrong one

Elsa will be the central character of Frozen 2, I'm guessing. Disney likes money and it's obvious who the cashcow is, and besides Elsa and her issues give potential to a lot of great drama and story arcs.

This was supposed to be a cute little wintery tv special about christmas tradition, so it focuses more on Olaf. and Sven, apparently.

Also I'd say Anna is the irresponsible one, Elsa was just crippled by her fears and panicked and resorted to the only way of dealing with things her parents had taught her; isolation and trying to pretend the bad thing doesn't exist

I'm fairly sure the advertising will make it very, very clear that a Frozen mini-movie is playing before Coco

What if I hate Frozen and want to watch Coco?
There's no way I'd pay full price for the cinema ticket