Is it really acceptable that Queen Moon is actually a bigger fuck-up than Star is? Granted...

Is it really acceptable that Queen Moon is actually a bigger fuck-up than Star is? Granted, both of them are terrible planners, and Star takes things all the way to eleven, but Moon, who is supposed to be "weaker-but-more-intelligent-than" Star, is proving herself to be legitimate garbage who can only run a royal version of Sims 2, and even then half of her kingdom are deplorably destitute.

Is this the consequence of bad writing, or are my waifu goggles clouding my judgment?

Why does she have to be super intelligent in order to be well written?

I just figured that she was supposed to be disappointed in Star because Star is a carefree idiot most of the time instead of having enough brainpower to see the consequences of her actions. Instead it's turning out she sees a ton of herself in Star that she loathes and that's hitting really close to home for me and I don't like that.

The problem is you and not with the writing.

FUCK YES I WAS JUST ABOUT TO MAKE A POST GETTING ON MOON'S DUMB ASS

I don't think it's bad writing, I think we're supposed to view Moon as intelligent and capable for all of Season 1 and like 3/4s of 2: she's the queen! She owned the wand! She's calm and mature! She can go Butterfly form! She beat Toffee! How can Star ever compete?

But then in late 2/the beginning of 3 it all comes crashing down. She's struggling to keep the approval of her subjects. Her magic is fine but Star has way more potential than her. She knows she doesn't know what she's doing and is constantly worried about Star. She makes a complete shitshow about getting the spellbook back (does nothing for weeks, lies to the MHC) even if the end result would've been the same either way. Her reputation as "Moon the Undaunted" is way overblown, caused more problems than it solved, didn't even involve her own magic, and in the end Star had to fix what she broke.

I think she and Star are actually both dumb, but Star's more proactive and has more ability/potential. I saw a post offsite saying that Moon "deserved" to kill Toffee that I'm probably going to respond to in more detail later, but in short: fuck no. Moon had her chance to do that decades before; time for someone else to clean this mess up.

Her problem at the start of the series wasn't that Star was/is an idiot. Her problem was that Star wasn't taking her duties as a princess seriously, and even then it's only because it makes Moon's job harder. Moon described herself as like Star back when she was her age.

deserved to kill Toffee instead of Star doing the job, that is

Even knowing I'll be disappointed in the new season, I can't wait to see it.

i guess this is new thread

the guy making these good openings is doing a service

Nah, Star is a much bigger fuck-up in every possible way.
You have to remember that the entire fiasco was due to Star fucking up and getting the wand cleaved in a way that let Toffee in it. If she had listened to Buff Frog and managed to think of a plan and get Marco out of the cage before it reformed stronger she wouldn't have needed to destroy the wand at all. Star also died, literally died, and lost the spellbook to Ludo leading it to getting torched.

Your waifu goggles are seriously clouding your judgement. Star is a catastrophic fuck-up who only manages to "save the day" through her insane plot device natural powerlevels and bullshit super saiyan mode that allows her to literally resurrect herself from the dead without realizing it because Glossaryck lead her to it.

Moon is human. She's not a master level planner but she at least tries to plan and tries to do what's right. Star doesn't think about shit and just blasts things with her wand till it works

>is constantly worried about Star
with very good reason

>and in the end Star had to fix what she broke.
Star didn't fix it at all. Moon rather cleverly didn't kill Toffee because she got alarmed by Eclipsa's corruption seeping on to her. Star, however, killed Toffee, so the spell and the deal is complete, and Eclipsa will be free. Moon will probably die.

Again, Star didn't fix shit. Moon cracked something, but Star finished smashing it to pieces.

>didnt watch season 1
starts parents are terrible rulers, people starve and live in poverty and they all rely on a single plantation of corn

Didn't mean that was a bad thing actually.

Just that it felt for some time we were getting an image of Moon as super capable and then it gradually fell apart piece by piece. I think that was actually a great decision for both giving her character depth and because "why can't Star just be like Moon" would be the constant question if that impression stayed consistent. Despite the tone of my post I do like Moon (but I do like Star more).

I want to impregnate this bug and take full responsibility!

>star is going to look like Moon when she's older
>gonna lose her cheeks/chin and look like a turkey

Why is Moon so much better than Star?

Star fixed it through reversing the magic corruption, which would have reached its full extent if no one had interfered. And Star was the only one willing/able to do that: whether she fucked up or not by letting the wand get cleaved in the first place, at least she learned from that experience and applied her knowledge.

At that point letting Toffee live wasn't exactly an option, because he'd still be dangerous and has just shown he's willing to hide in the shadows for years to plan and pull off his revenge schemes (maybe they could've gotten Rhombulus to crystallize him, but at that point he was in the sanctuary-- as a direct result of Toffee).

We don't know exactly what freeing Eclipsa will mean; while she's pretty obviously a villain, it's possible she wouldn't have been interested in the young Moon for whatever she plans to do, but will be in Star who has power comparable to hers. I don't exactly see Moon using Eclipsa's spell as clever when maybe there were other options that wouldn't involve the Queen of Darkness, evil forces, and magic cancer to kill one guy, and even if it was her campaign against the monsters only seemed to make things worse for everyone too.

Fuckin hell Carl

Glosseryck was the one who pushed Moon into seeking Eclipsa. Its not really fair to blame that decision on her when the one person who she asked for help refused and instead manipulated her into that decision.

That is true. But in some form or another Glossaryck's manipulated every major character who affects the plot in some way, so to some extent you just have to take it as a given that what every character does plays into his plans anyway. I do wonder if she could have just asked him to open the chapter and so skipped over the whole contract part, but it's possible he would have just refused.

More on the Star-killing-Toffee note, Moon sure didn't care about the consequences of freeing Eclipsa when she attempted the spell on him again. It didn't work, yeah, but once Star killed him it was no different than if Moon had considering the end result is the same either way.

>are my waifu goggles clouding my judgment?
I see you are an user of refined taste.

Moon trying the spell again was just grief and revenge. She wasn't thinking about the consequences.

>or are my waifu goggles clouding my judgment?
You're a waifu degenerate, so your opinion and understanding on characterization, story, and everything is understandably shit.

>Moon sure didn't care about the consequences of freeing Eclipsa when she attempted the spell on him again.
No shit, user. She was filled with grief.

Not accusing her of not thinking in that instance, just if it had worked the situation would've ended up the same. She also didn't seem worried about Star killing Toffee until after the fact.

Again, not thinking due to the intensity of the situation and that's okay, but it seems like there are multiple ways he could have ended up dead and so killing him maybe shouldn't be viewed as entirely Star's fault, if literally everyone else there would have done it too.

Moon's "plan" was literally "let Toffee win and hope it's not that bad". So no, she's definitively a bigger fuck-up than Star.

Or, I guess to phrase it a little better: I agree Moon wouldn't have been thinking of the consequences and it's totally understandable.

I'm not sure Star would have been either though, after pulling herself back from the dead or nonexistence or whatever and attempting to defend her loved ones.

End result in either case is that he would have died.

But the magic corruption wasn't caused by Moon, it was caused by Star destroying the wand in Toffee's presence to that he got into the wand and could corrupt the magic

Moon only corrupted her own body, the same corruption that was on Eclipsa's arms. And besides she only went to seek aid from Ecplisa because Glossaryck gave her the idea and the situation was desperate and she was trying to save her kingdom as a you girl Star's age.

>at least she learned from that experience and applied her knowledge.
She didn't learn shit. The wand got cleaved because despite Buff Frog clearly telling her that Toffee is different, Toffee knows about their magic, that she needs a plan, she didn't make a plan and just rushed in blasting magic everywhere, and ended up playing everything just the way Toffee wanted and needing to explode the wand with the whispering spell.

Then later, she again ignored both Moon and Buff Frog telling her that Toffee is dangerous and she needs a plan - fuck, she even boasted about not having a plan because "plans aren't her thing", just went in blindly blasting everything, and even ended up using the whispering spell to explode the wand, once again playing right into Toffee's hand so that everything worked out the way he wanted.
The only difference is that suddenly Star apparently had the crazy magical power to resurrect herself because Glossaryck was there. But she literally didn't learn shit and repeated all the same mistakes that caused the whole disaster in the first place.

That's what pisses me off about this the most, actually. Star didn't learn a single fucking thing, she's not clever, she's still a goddamn idiot and a fuckup who doesn't think about the consequences. But she got to "save the day" anyway because hurr her powerlevel is over 9000 now because she's the MC. There's no work, no development or character growth, no responsibility, she's just naturally crazy powerful lmao.

Her plan was "Toffee won, lets wait it out and hope something changes." Which is a fair plan considering how badly she got BTFO before. If you were in her position, what would you have done? Star basically got lucky.

>being this much of a brainlet

But that's stupid. Just letting Toffee walk away to continue plotting against her was the opposite of clever. And as far as Eclipsa being freed now that Star killed Toffee? It was Moon who made that deal, so that's yet another one of her messes that Star will have to clean up.

>Moon sure didn't care about the consequences
Moon didn't care about the consequences when she thought that Toffee had just murdered Star and she was overcome with grief and rage and thought that all was already lost, so what the hell.
Star boasts about not planning and not giving a shit about consequences. Not giving a shit about consequences is her normal modus operandi - she actively refuses to ever give any shits about consequences.

You can't defend Star while trying to shit on someone else for not caring about consequences.

Moon fucked up because she was scared and facing an extremely dire situation alone, because her mom had just been murdered and Glossaryck refused to help. Star constantly fucks up because she consistently and actively refuses to listen to advice and think ahead. There's a huge difference.

What matters most is that the people believe they're in good hands with her. She has to come off as strong, composed, and intelligent, even if she isn't. We saw that it's something she picked up by ascending to the throne at such a young age that nobody would take her seriously otherwise.

That's what she's trying to explain to Star when they're hiding and Star points out that she used to be a badass. She doesn't always have the strength or answers, but she's the ruler. Her job is to lead and nobody's going to follow someone who shows weakness all the time.

Moon's job as queen is to protect her kingdom. Instead, she abandoned her kingdom and tried to hide. Had Star not rejected that awful plan, the only thing that would've changed would be the Mewmans pretty much getting annihilated.

You're just trying to defend your waifu, user

She's literally god-tier/Lucifer power level

Moon chose her child over her kingdom, which I can't really blame her for. It makes her a bad Queen but I wouldn't call that fucking up. And again, she didn't have a plan. She tried to fight Toffee, failed, and so tried to hide and bide her time until the situation changed. Moon didn't plan on hiding forever but she wasn't going to rush in and try to fight Toffee without magic and without any allies. Star played right into Toffee's hands with her recklessness and was only saved by her doing something no one knew was even possible.

So, what would you have done in Moon's position? I would have tried running off to get help from Ponyhead but that didn't seem to be an option.

I wasn't saying the corruption was caused by Moon (maybe indirectly in the loosest sense through creating a situation that give Toffee the idea to do that-- but no, not even then). Was arguing that even if you want to see it as Star "letting" her wand get broken, she actively attempted to correct it later because she had inside perspective on the situation and was willing to take a risk. I think Toffee's persistent enough that he would have come up with some other plan if that hadn't worked anyway, but whatever.

I think performing the Whispering Spell was a plan, she just couldn't come up with it from outside of her kingdom because it was only speaking with Ludo that gave her the idea to it. Facing/evaluating the situation to decide on a course of action.

I'd say if anything Toffee fucked up his own plan by (1) thinking he could kill the god of magic and (2) keeping the magic princess into the literal source of magic, rather than just holding her hostage in a dungeon or whatever as he'd originally planned. In fact if Star hadn't done the spell (maybe if she'd had a different plan, or followed Moon until she got captured by Toffee), she probably would have ended up in a dungeon and been unable to do anything at all to restore the magic. More than that though, Glossaryck had already trained Star to some extent to be capable of dipping down and restoring the magic; she didn't just pull that off at random.

I'd say she's learning more about the dangers of her world, that she can't depend on everyone around her and will have to face them alone anyway, put herself at risk for the sake of something bigger than herself, etc., but whatever

No, she was distraught because - as a direct result of Star fucking up - Toffee seemed to already have won; Glossaryck was gone, the book was gone, the MHC was wiped out, her own magic was gone, the magic in general from the universe is gone, the wand is cleaved and corrupted and Toffee is back and is controlling the other half in Ludo's body. She couldn't figure out what else to do and just tried to keep Star safe until she could find a way to do something, she was panicking.

Star is, again, a much, much bigger fuck-up. What she wanted to do was exactly what Toffee was hoping for, she just ended up killing herself so Toffee didn't have to.

Once again, it's essentially a pure miracle that Star turned out to just have the raw power to recreate magic - or to find it in Glossaryck's pot and to recreate the wand. There was no way of knowing she could do that.

Star fucked up and had herself killed and literally ruined her entire family dynasty and kingdom, leaving her subjects at the mercy of Levitato-it-Ludo. It was a total surprise miracle that she turned out to be able to resurrect herself in a godmode version.

Frankly, I think this will be a plot point in upcoming seasons - she hasn't learned anything, she still fucks up, keeps repeating her mistakes, is impulsive and irresponsible - but her powers are now frighteningly strong. She has insane might but not the sense to wield it.

I actually wasn't criticizing Moon there; my argument was that it's hard to criticize Star for killing Toffee when he could just as easily died through Moon, if that'd happened a few minutes earlier. Wasn't criticizing either of them there; just saying that Toffee was pretty much already dead then no matter who actually pulled the trigger.

I'd say Star cared about the consequences facing her kingdom, family, etc., and is at least willing to risk her own life to pull them off. If anything the consequences she ignores most concern herself.

literally me

Where's the lie?

All the s3 opening me conviced me of is that Star is an extremely lucky fuck up. Just cause Moon didn't know how to fix her colossal fuck ups (and an impending one) doesn't make her somehow worse. Her solution as a kid was way more clever than anything Star has done.

The only thing I really would begrudge Moon for is not being more open with Star in the case that she had to step in as queen without her. But maybe she only held information back from her initially because she's so flighty and flakey.

I honestly don't know how you'd read the situation any other way.

I will concede the kingdom isn't in good shape, though.

Pic related possible?

What did she fuck up you spastic?

E V E R Y T H I N G

When faced with an impossible situation, sometimes it's better to just go into hiding and hope something eventually changes. It's not the most noble strategy, but it's a lot better than charging in without any idea how you're going to win once you get there.

Hiding was the right choice. Barging in was fucking stupid but it worked out. Moon in the S3 open did literally nothing wrong other than not hiding in another dimension and gathering political support with other parties
Star is still an eternal fuck up and people who think she 'missed' when she hit Toffee's finger are speed watching spastics

>Marco still loves another girl

So when Star blew herself up, did she think there would be a way to somehow get out of the wand after doing what she planned to do?

>did literally nothing wrong other than everything

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that Star will be all arrogant with Moon because she still doesn't understand how the situation was, Eclipsa will be freed now, she'll appear to be the quirky aunt who loves candy and who was unfairly branded a monster just because she fell in love with one, she'll become a sort of mentor figure for Star, they'll bond.

But eventually it'll turn out that nope, she's the big bad of seasons 3-4 after all and she'll almost manage to corrupt Star and lead her down the path of truly horrifying amoral crap and not really giving a shit about your duties or the kingdom (I mean Star certainly already has shown that she cares way more about her own amusements than about duty or responsibility, and Eclipsa ran away to fuck freely and left her family and her kingdom to fend for themselves lol) and just doing whatever you want lol fuck everyone else

But because it's a kid's show and Star is the MC, she'll eventually snap out of it and will FINALLY learn a lesson about the importance of responsibility, duty and thinking about the consequences of your actions, but I'm guessing it's gonna get really dire before that. Such is my prediction.

Guess who's free from more then just her prison. Where's her corrupted markings?

No, she didn't know that was a possibility. She thought she was sudokuing because it was the only thing she could think of at that moment.

I mean she wakes up and fully believes she's dead and panics.

Season 4 will be Star's redemption arc after she falls to Eclipsa in the season 3 finale.

Moon's carrying that burden now

to add to my prediction I wouldn't be surprised if Moon ends up encased in crystal in order to stop the progression of the corruption

>star literally gets herself killed until the universe itself convulses and spits her back out into the mortal plane
>she would have doomed the entire butterfly eugenic line, because her mother had to rush in and try to save her ass
>the want was destroyed out right, not just corrupted
>the right thing
>as opposed to protecting the bloodline and biding time for a few generations until a strategy can be formed or a weakness found
She did the right thing. Anti-moon fags are basically as retarded as Star is.

Get out the way Toffee got out?

She seemed to believe she'd be able to leave with him. It's not actually clear if that would have been true but from the perspective of everyone involved Toffee left her to die.

The latter half of season 4, maybe
I wonder if she'll try to kill Jackie

I sincerely don't understand why you're so surprised that Moon is a fuck up. The entire Butterfly bloodline is nothing but autists and retards.
>that page of Marco and Star's Guide to Every Dimension about the princess that was obsessed with circles.

Star is forced to kill her own mother.

>Star pulled herself out through the power of magic
>I'm not sure the Butterfly line is worth preserving
>she made a better wand
>after a few generations Mewni, magic, and the Butterfly name would be gone

I'm not an anti-Moon fag, I'm an anti-Moonfag fag

My theory is that antimoonfags are just blinded by their waifu goggles. It was the same discussion around the time the last episodes of Season 2 aired, aka the neverending parade of Star fucking up in various ways. Some people just refused to admit that Star was written to be a multifaceted, flawed character who occasionally fucks up, and instead tried to insist that she's a sweetheart and a darling who can't be blamed for anything and who tries her best, trying to shift the blame for Star's mistakes on anyone and everyone else

For what it's worth I think they're BOTH dumb fuckups, it's just that Moon seems to get more of a pass for it than Star because she's still sort of riding her previous "mysterious badass queen" reputation, and so I like to shake that up a bit.

Moon fucked up the spellbook situation hard, Star lost it in the first place, it ultimately didn't matter in the end but they both had a hand in it

>bad writing
"My waifu is treated like a real imperfect person with flaws like everyone else in this show" is not bad writing. It's not like this came out of nowhere at all. Did you miss "I did a lot of things [when I was your age] that you won't be doing" in Game of Flags and Moon's whole speech at the end of Face the Music about how it's a Queen's duty to put on a mask of being flawless and undaunted for her people?

We're examining Moon's mistakes and real flaws now because Star is realizing them for the first time, and this is important because she is in the stage of growing up where she realizes that her parents are just people too. She knows now that her mother isn't always right and can't handle everything herself, even things she promised to take care of like retrieving Glossaryck and the Book of Spells from Ludo.

This time Star was the one who saved the day and cleaned up Moon's decades-old mess. She both made better decisions than her mother and demonstrated that her magic was far superior.

This is the pride, before the fall.

Moon gets more of a pass because she hasn't fucked up as bad and is at least trying not to fuck up. But your right that neither of them seem all that great. Maybe fucking up runs in the Butterfly bloodline.

>She both made better decisions than her mother
You what

>things that she had know way of knowing would occur
>made the right choice
Except she didn't. She chose the most successful out come by making the wrong choices. Moon knew little and had few ways to learn more. She played it extremely safe
>not sure the butterfly line is worth perserving
Putting aside the obvious, that perserving you bloodline is a natural priority, AND the fact that a royal bloodline does nothing but increase that importance, the lore clearly points to butterflies being peak eugenics. They have those cheek marks because their family has been around magic an awful lot, it's started to affected them on a genetic level. They have natural capacity for powerful magic on a level only seen in the MHC and they're one of two human bloodlines confirmed for capable of casting spells unassisted. Their writings and ancient knowledge generated a nigh omniscient being. And, finally they act as arbiters and protectors of not just their realm but magic in general given their relationship with MHC.
Should they let the bloodline die and gimp mewmens?
I mean lets remember. Had they both fallen there would have been no one left capable of stopping Toffee or even Ludo level threats.
HMmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ignore me just posting Hekapoo

But Moon isn't a dumb fuck up. At most her only mistake was not telling the MHC about everything when Star told her but as we saw she out performs them anyway and was worried about Star's reputation. Star then pulls a two-for and fucks up royal public relations and snitches at the same time.
Had Star kept her mouth shut there wouldn't have been an issue. And really, that was THE fuck up. Everything else is perfectly justified to rational people. Those criticising her hiding are brain dead.

what kind of fish would Jackie be?

>this time Star was the one who saved the day and cleaned up Moon's decades-old mess. She both made better decisions than her mother and demonstrated that her magic was far superior.
Can you name even one decision that she made which was better than Moon's? Even one?
She got bailed out by deus ex magic she didn't even know she had so don't act like that was part of the plan

I'd want to say Moon fucked up worse, or at least first, through Star having to deal with the repercussions of a situation she literally had no part in originally creating, but it's hard to measure that/they all fuck up.

Doing something unknown that has a small chance of bringing about a positive result > doing nothing while knowing it will change nothing

Also Moon knew magic was being drained from the universe. Forget generations of preserving the bloodline, there would have been nothing to preserve because in a matter of weeks the magic would be gone entirely

I think most of you people are taking this particular cartoon's writing too seriously. And for Sup Forums that's saying something. This show is not the epitome of bad or good cartoon writing in western media. But I feel like this has become one of the most overanalyzed 'popular' cartoons on here.

I like analyzing shit but some of this stuff is getting ridiculous.

Except it was being corrupted. Except Star didn't even use magic and the use at that point would corrupt them.
>small chance
There was no conceivable chance. If the choices were waiting on the roof for firefighters that may or may not come and jumping 12 stories to the flat ground which is the right choice?
>jumping because God himself reaches his hands from the clouds to catch you and place you gently and safely on the ground
Starcucks deserve her. Their retardation completes each other

Not telling the MHC wasn't the main problem, it was also taking so long to search for the book in the first place.

If she'd gotten there in time, Ludo being possessed could have been avoided, and from there it would have been much easier to take the wand/book back from him and maybe attempt to solve the fritz based on that.

>You will never get a homecooked meal from Star

Not sure what you're arguing anymore. There eventually would have been no magic at all if they kept waiting it out.

Star doing anything had more of a chance to change shit than hiding would have.

Star confronted the situation and figured out on her own the only possible way to actually confront Toffee and have any chance at fixing everything. She took that chance despite the risk of her (and Ludo) dying because it the right thing to do and the only thing that really could be done to resolve her situation.
Moon had no plan, and after they realized the Sanctuary was corrupted just like everything else all she could think to do was hide for two weeks and delay the inevitable and necessary confrontation with reality.

Star took the best chance available to her.
Of course Toffee anticipated she would, he's smarter than both Star and Moon and he's been planning this shit for years. Toffee is a good villain and a good planner because he creates situations where his enemies taking the best options available to them still result in his victory.

Moon had nothing and wasn't trying to do anything to change anything. There was no realistic hope that they could just hide forever and somehow wait Toffee out. She clearly had no intention of "regrouping to seek help" like some anons keep repeating to defend her; magic in Mewni was dead, their allies would be just as helpless against Toffee as she was. The only thing she was thinking about in the two weeks they sat around doing nothing was protecting Star, which is a noble and understandable goal as a parent but not as a ruler or leader.

>That delicious butterfly feet
Like mother like daughter I guess

>blaming it all on the book loss
If that's the case then Star hiding it as long as she did fucked things up. Moon has shit to consider and a country to run. She DID mobilise and she would have got the job done if toffee weren't involved, which WOULD have been the case had Star fessed up the moment it had happened.

Moon naturally fucked up first because she's been alive much longer than Star and was also left to face a very scary situation pretty much alone.

Nevertheless Star fucked up way worse. The only people trying to claim that Moon fucked up worse are waifufags who refuse to accept that the catastrofical mistakes are all a part of Star's development arc and Nefcy's grand plan.

Moon made an understandable though tragic mistake as a young kid because her advisors failed her and she thought she was doing the necessary thing. Star, on the other hand, consistently makes multiple disastrous mistakes that all make the situation progressively worse, simply because she's self-centered and impulsive and repeatedly, actively, refuses to listen to the advice she's given, thinking that she knows better. She also learns nothing from her past mistakes and instead just keeps repeating them because planning isn't my thing lol.

>through Star having to deal with the repercussions of a situation she literally had no part in originally creating
Do you think Moon created the war between Monsters and Mewmen that led to the Septarians rebelling against their king and killing her mother? Yet she had to deal with the repercussions and try to save her kingdom, as the new queen.

And you're forgetting that Star (via fucking up the wand, letting Toffee get into it so that he could sap magic from the world, losing the book and then causing things to get heated because she caused a riot and made the MHC lose confidence in her mom via her little song day reveal) contributed WAY more to the disaster they were facing than what Moon did to the mess she inherited. I rather doubt young Moon single-handedly caused the Septarians to become so powerful they were able to almost conquer the kingdom.

So yeah, they both inherited a mess someone else started, but Star made her mess exponentially worse herself.

If you don't want to read analyses for thing x, why do you come to threads that are for analyzing thing x

or is this a "I'm not interested in thing x, so no-one else should care for it either, how dare people online discuss something I don't care for" thing

Star took about a day to do anything about it, and then give up and tell her parents. We don't know exactly how much time passed between Bon Bon and Raid the Cave so it could have been slightly longer, but it's the episode immediately after it's stolen and there's no indication a ton of time passed (Marco's still persuading Star to tell her parents so it can't be that long).

After Raid the Cave, about a week at least seems to pass between Star turning the search over to Moon and Ludo getting possessed (and that's just assuming those episodes all occur consecutively). After that, it's more or less another week before we see Moon attempt a search at all.

Just going by the number of episodes Moon took longer to get involved than Star did.

Why does Star talk with an American accent when the Moon, Eclipsa, and River talk with british accents?

>best chance
There was nothing available. She committed suicide because she was an arrogant retard. Even LITERAL children told her she was being a fucking idiot.
They had no idea if they could fix things. They never tried to consolidate. Given the situation, assuming Star couldn't resurrect for death the right move was to go into hiding let whatever happens, happen and deal with it from there. It might have been Star's kid that retook the throne using tools from another dimension, it could have been any number of things. Let us not forget that Ludo wasn't invicible, that Toffee wasn't in full control nor was he resurrected at all without the finger. Cutting Ludo's hand off was a more measured solution than the gungho shit star did. She took the worst logical path and only made it out alive due to an a mystic resurrection never before seen.
>oh no but magic died
Tough tits. The world is more than just magic. If it can be killed it can likely be corrupted and brought back
>but that's what star did
Unbeknownst to her

You people are almost clinically brain dead

Janna is gypsy filth and needs to be spat on

>counting time in episodes
So basically meaningless then? Nice. She didn't report it immediately which is still a MAJOR fuck up when it's basically national secrets and a WMD rolled into one. It wasn't Star's call.

To make it clear to the viewer that she is retarded

>She DID mobilise
Taking the guidebook's placement of "Just Friends" on April 1st as canon, it took her MONTHS to get around to dealing with Ludo. And she was ready to do it alone, surely dying, if Star/Ruberiot didn't call her out in front of the entire kingdom. She massively underestimated the seriousness of the situation and even if Ludo was just a stupid shitbird she took a huge risk leaving the Book of Spells in his custody for any length of time.

>which WOULD have been the case had Star fessed up the moment it had happened.
Star tried to get the book back herself immediately after it happened. She tried to take responsibility for her failure and clean up her own mess.
When she failed, she went right to Moon, and Moon's exact words to her were "Don't do anything. We'll handle this. You just sit tight."

I'm still saying they both fucked up, don't get me wrong.

It seems like Moon's actions of hunting down the monster army may have made the monster-Mewman situation worse; at the very least we know she's prejudiced again them (understandable going by her history) and that she may have worsened tensions/relations on both sides through earning/keeping this reputation.

I think the wand was doomed to be fucked up no matter what; if Toffee spent like 30 years on that one plan there was probably a failsafe. Losing the book was entirely Star's fault but Moon didn't help make that much better. At least her secret being revealed to the MHC etc. allowed them to get their shit together and investigate the temple, and from there have Moon learn Toffee's back-- yeah, maybe it wouldn't have changed much, playing into his hands to some extent, etc. But at least knowing he's out there is better than them being caught entirely off guard later, maybe even once the corruption was worse.

i like star

It's actually a 'I wanted to see what people thought of x and came to this thread to read but after paragraph long posts about points that don't seem to be as deep or complex people think they are I felt the need to say y'

>Queen moon is a fuckup
>When she can handle the wand and NOT burn the town down

user you're trying to make it seem as if Star figured something out in advance and knew what she was doing and "took the chance".

But she herself says that she had no plan.
She just barged in, and in the end the only thing she could figure out in the moment was hoping that blasting both her and Ludo to death would somehow help and she'd just do like Toffee and manage to get into the wand and then, uh, I dunno.

Star's best chance would have actually been to calmly try to discuss things with Moon and try to ask her for more information about the wands and the magic and whatnot, and to actually FORM A PLAN, but instead she just kept acting irrationally and disobeying Moon and being wild.

>counting time in episodes
>So basically meaningless then?
Are you seriously basing your argument on the premise that all of Season 2b happens in less than a week?