The real problem with Rick and Morty

>4 episodes with continuity.
>The episodic feel has been lost.
>Too much focus on emotional background and character progression

I don't see this recovering from it's unavoidable fall

Yeah pretty much. Shit, the intro was "Don't read into everything" and then those motherfuckers have an entire ending reading into everything.

I feel like the worst shows in the past few years have had continuity while the best ones were episodic. Am I wrong?

The most recent season was pretty weak, but before that continuity was the best thing to happen to South Park in 10 years.

actually i think people are getting pissed off because the intro makes a reference to 9/11 being an inside job. so now the fascists are in a panic

Really? I enjoyed the one off episodes quite a lot. I honestly can't think of any South Park episodes with notable continuity.

Starting with season 18 they've ALL had continuity, and 18 was the best season in years.

fuck off with this shit. continuity or episodic makes no difference, both can be strengths or weaknesses depending on how the WRITER uses them.

Some shows work on that format, some don't. R&M is an example of how you don't need to sacrifice your show's prime attraction for a bit of lame continuity

No shit. My point was that continuity revived South Park after it had been stale for a while.

My hope is that episode 5 going forward will be an improvement. Hopefully a bit more adventure, a little less shoving everyone's character flaws in your face.

>episode about Rick turning into a pickle and crawling out of the sewers to infiltrate a government facility (things that obviously have nothing to do with anything before or anything sense)
>not episodic because it has character development in it and happens within the context of an ever-evolving world
Cartoon viewers were a mistake. If an episode doesn't have those two things, that doesn't make it episodic, it makes it shitty.

The only non-episodic episodes were the last episode of season 2 and the first of season 3. Which is barely even an arc, but what can you do when a Season only has 10 episodes?

And 'my' point has been that lately continuity has been done shit. That's not saying it hasn't been great before. Namedrop; A;TLA, old Ben 10, SRMTHFG, uhhh Wander over Yonder (Though that was more recent)

Don't get me wrong, the pickle rick shit was sweet, but the "character progression" segments feel forced.

I have to disagree with you. the continuity makes it better.

The real problem is the fucking drawn out 3 minute long fight sequences every episode.

Nobody is watching Rick and Morty for action, and every time Rick acts like a "badass" I cringe. Go back to being a fucking comedy already god damn I miss season 1 so much.

Only all the Sup Forums shit here the last few days this is actually a good point. They keep trying to focus on a character arc. Another problem is the characters never go much of anywhere so despite all the character development focus they don't change much.

>Namefagging
>Proving his shit taste in previous threads

Fuck off, your opinion means very little to me

>Morty has evergrowing ideological differences with Rick
>Focus the character development with humane family problems.

LAME

The Rickshank Rickdemption was one of the best episodes in the entire series and i was 100% reliant on continuity

True, but this doesn't cure your shit taste. And the continuity was brought by multiple episodes from the previous seasons not just the previous episode. Which has a large impact.

>Fuck off, your opinion means very little to me

Your opinion means absolutely nothing to anyone. In 100 years no one will be able to recall your face or name or why you even mattered. You will disappear and time will move on without you.

>"shit taste"
>not understand taste is subjective

apples and oranges, which is in better user?
you get my point. taste is subjective. no one can say "apples objectively taste better" or vice versa

Female "writers"

I meant to write "which one is better" not "which is in better". my bad

Thanks for wasting your time replying to me, I will always remember you, faggot.

Remove your name and fuck off

Lol. i like how you ignore my argument because you know it's correct

This means that the creators just stopped caring for how their content comes out.

You think this is funny?

The team of Rick&Morty said the scripts were picked purely because they liked them and not because of who wrote them

You should get to bed, don't you have to go shopping for school supplies with your mommy tomorrow morning?

>emotional background and character progression

That's just there to fuck with you when everything snaps back to reality and every character is a cardboard cutout stereotype, just fuckin with you my man

She ded lol

Dunno stereotypes are fun if used correctly

>continuity was brought by multiple episodes from the previous seasons not just the previous episode. Which has a large impact
So you mean the literal definition of continuity, then?

The continuous side story is actually being far more interesting than the episodic main plots, it's just a generic randumb adult swim comedy with EPIC FIGHTS AND GUNS now.

>I feel like the worst shows in the past few years have had continuity while the best ones were episodic. Am I wrong?
Bojack and Gravity falls? They are two of the most aclaimed shows.