Anyone like Adam Strange?

Anyone like Adam Strange?

No.

Not particularly. Though there's potential for some real cool stuff for him.

He's pretty cool.

I do, so I win and you lose, faggot.

Can't argue with the costume or the Infantino art. The premise of the character is brilliant but goddamn if it ins't one note. There's pretty much just one Adam Strange story and it gets repeated every appearance. He's far better as a guest star for this reason.

He's cool, he's like sci-fi the Rocketeer

Separate him from the rest of the DCU(not like he or Rann adds much anyway). On concentrate on how he is not a man of two worlds, he's a nobody on earth and he has no friends but the zeta beam is random so he can spend a week on Rann. and then two months of agony on earth where he's alone and is worried about Alana and Rann. That Paul Pope story in Wednesday Comics had the right ideas.

I do but I have to agree with . Reading his stories in Mystery in Space gets really repetitive. I recently picked up the first two issues of the Kubert miniseries but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

Yeah

His new mini with Hawkman was fun

>I recently picked up the first two issues of the Kubert miniseries but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.
It's shit. Try the Diggle/Ferry one, it's good.

That's Planet Heist right? I've heard good things about it. His Wednesday Comics feature looks rad too. I loved the DC Presents with him, Superman and the Kryptonian succubus

Yeah that's Planet Heist. He also appears in Moore's Swamp Thing, that's cool. He's a good character butvDC are incompetent and don't know what to do with him and despite the fact that he's shown potential and direction under some writers they choose to bury and ignore it and force some shitty plot that didn't work the first time(Rann/Thanagar war). But DC doesn't care about his potential because, well, who the fuck cares about Adam Strange? I mean, just look at this thread. See also Deadman.

BATB thread?
BATB thread.

>The lords of Order and Chaos and their followers are called on to discuss Equinox.
>The followers of Order are all in a line.
>The followers of Chaos are standing wherever they bloody want.

I love this show.

>about to fuck gf
>get sent back to Earth

That's a damn shame. It's hell to like the throwback pulpy characters like that. The recent Deadman with the chick and her non gender binary friend or whatever was a fucking embarrassment.
Being Adam is suffering. Dude just wants his space waifu

>You're dressed for battle?
Sensible kek

I always thought he was cool. I don't know why we dont have a series about him yet. Giving him a plot seems easy enough, just have him as a traveller on both Earth and Rann, exploring shit on both. A cosmic Jack Kerouac if you will. You can get a bunch if different stories out of that.

>Kerouac with a jetpack
Sign me up

I really feel they should let Tom Scioli do an Adam Strange and Hawkman comic.

>I don't know why we dont have a series about him yet

Because that kind of classic Golden Pulp Age explorer hero is well and truly dead. John Carter, Conan, Doc Savage, all that stuff, its' been replaced in the public consciousness by modern superheroes and there's no way to update it without just turning them into something their not.

I mean look what happens when they try and turn ANY of those characters into films, they all fucking bomb. Nobody cares anymore.

Don't worry, it'll happen to the modern conception of "cape comic" characters too. Styles of storytelling are eventually replaced.

What is the secret that makes Tom Strong so good?

Adam Strange has a lot more potential than those guys do though. His premise and setting are quite unique. What Pope did in Wednesday Comics has potential for a long run but DC is full of clowns that would rather sabotage the character than put effort into doing something with him.

>good

It has nothing to do with "good." All the stuff I mentioned is good, it just doesn't matter because nobody cares outside of weird older nerds and the kids of those nerds who want to keep their traditions alive.

For most people, there's no reason to go back to all that old swashbuckling adventure stuff when Indiana Jones exists. There's no reas to go back to pulp sci-fi when Star Wars exists, frankly. There's no reason to read old pulp crime material when Batman exists.

It just gets replaced. It's why I'm confident that the Doc Savage movie is going to crash and burn even though I love Shane Black and The Rock, it's got the same stigma that doomed John Carter and The Lone Ranger and that Tarzan movie that came out last year and the world already forgot.

Most stuff isn't relevant forever.

I liked that book that kind of re-introduced him just prior to the Rann-Thanagar War and Infinite Crisis.

I do. I've even fantasied about getting a serial style short before future DCEU movies.

That would be badass. I dream of a DCEU Brave and the Bold movie to introduce C and D-listers