Who is the better character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3MMMe1drnZY?t=43s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Scarlet Witch. She's also hotter

Mantis is more developed already.
Scarlet Witch has more room to grow.

>Scarlet Witch. She's also hotter
Implying. Seriously, has anyone ever seen Mantis and SW in the same room at the same time??

Mantis felt like a more likable and developed character in the 5 minutes of Guardians 2 she was in than Wanda in the 10 collective minutes she was in Avengers 2 and Cap 3.

What I'm getting at here is that I wish both of them had more screentime.

Not yet

Wanda, but I love both.

I want Mantis to touch Wanda and feel her feelings.

Not my Mantis
Stop colorbending

>inb4 some Wikipedia diver points out she used to be regular-skinned 40 years ago

Wanda, even androids agree

This.

>m-muh Giffen/DnA

Casuals.

Wanda because of her pretty eyes.

Protect Her Smile.

Wish I could.

Vision is a fag

Shit taste.

It took almost 40 minutes for you to get here, Wikidiver.

Scarlet Witch is an annoying waifu mary sue insert

>mary sue
But she has fucked it up one time after another in the two movies.
She helped Ultron, she let Hulk loose in South Africa, and she caused the incident that kicked off the civil war.

0 repercussion.

They literally jailed her.

> People other than Vision are afraid of her, even Steve.

> Has no home, no family.

> Struggles with guilt.

> Has made mistakes.

> Struggles with understanding her powers which no one else understands, either.

> Jailed and totally dehumanised.

Nothing is easy for Wanda, she's about as far from a Mary Sue as a powerful super heroine's can be.

Threads about actors and actresses belong on . It's very obvious you don't want to talk about comic or cartoon characters.

That's not what a mary sue is.

And enacted an international law to prevent her from happening again.

Kys.

Mantis is cute autistic wifu
Scarlet Witch is a plot device

What the fuck? That's really rude. Not something anyone should say to anyone.

The GOTG movie franchise already has too many green characters. I had no problem with the change.

whichever one has bigger boobs is the best
show your work

The one that looks like a human, and not a person fused with an ant.

Comics - Mantis

Live-action - Wanda

Mantis feels more interesting, Wanda feels more developed

Lewd outfit.

I think comics Wanda is a lost cause due to Marvek comics being full of shitty hack writers (especially with Zub incoming).

All hopes rest on MCU Wanda.

Lizfu a cute.

It's sexy...and I look at her beautiful eyes and smile first.

elizabeth olsen is claimed already (by me)

get another waifu

Back the fuck off.

Why is Guardians actually entertaining and the rest of the MCU boring shit?

>Guardians actually entertaining
Why don't you try watching actual decent movies?

Because Guardians is fun space pirate/mercenary adventures vs generic cape shit

Are you implying GOTG isn't generic capeshit but in space?

MCU Mantis has little in common with the original comics Mantis beyond the name, and an empathic power.

MCU Wanda has a completely different origin and power-set to the comics, but they got her personality so right that she's recognisable anyway.

But neither will ever wear any of their costumes from the comics.

because James Gunn is either given more leeway or is much more insistent that his personal flavor gets through. There's shots and visuals that straight up are cheesey and hokey (see: his love of snap zooms) that squeak through the marvel factory process and manage to come off as a more personable story than many of the other MCU films.

Shit, that scene where they went through the warp and everything got distorted is a thousand times more memorable than any of the shots in doctor strange or spider-man. It feels like a filmmaker did it.

Not really, superhero movies are just incapable of having personality.
No matter who directs it, the cinematography will always be subpar at best, the stories will be repetitive following a completely preset structure, characters will follow the same arcs over and over again...
They are legitimately badly made movies, all of them.

Olsen has a fat face

Nah, it's just round.

I actually wonder if Mantis is actually a secret powerhouse. Like, I wouldn't be surprised if something traumatic happens and she starts blasting lasers.

Don't let Thanos take this smile from us.

Joss Whedon pioneered the snap zoom to great effect in Serenity...then he did THAT shot in Age of Ultron.

Actually, cape movies are more visually interesting than most movies, because they require much more art direction and stylisation than most movies.

Most movies use almost no 3-dimensional camera movement, whereas cape movies do in their set-piece.

Making new friends, such as Mister Doctor, could help shield Wanda's smile.

DELET.

Does Wanda's Romani background matter?

I'm taking a course on Romani language and culture, and they're really uptight and superstitious. Also kind of offended by the mystic stereotype, although they also play it up with shit like fortune telling, or 'advising'. My Professy argues from both sides of his mouth, saying things like marginalization has precluded them from other means of making a living, but that advising also has a proud tradition in India (Roma are Indian diaspora people). And because they're so agressivley insular they play up stereotypes to keep out and protect themselves, from the impure/unclean non-Romani world (that's us) while also lamenting the inaccuracies of the stereotype.

Anyway, the impression I get is that if Wanda and Pietro had actually been raised by Roma that they'd be waaaaay more stand-offish and inscrutable.

How accurate are the horror stories I've heard about them from European anons?

Although in the Gruenwald/Micheline story that showed that the twins were raised by Django Maximoff, a mob lynched the gypsy caravan they were a part of and the twins were separated, the trauma of which caused them to block out the experience (a bit of an asspull retcon). The twins were depicted as having powers before that happened though, so I guess they were like 12/13. But they were removed from the culture and forgot about it.

So, should the realities of their cultural heritage be reconciled? Can they? How do you think?

That story also included Wanda's manipulation by Chthon, and some sexy, late 70's Byrne art btw.

Roma? Well of course Professy chalks most everything up to discrimination and marginalization and the legacy of slavery, (Roma enslaved in Romania for 500 years), including an ingrained slave mentality (GIBS ME DAT).

But really, they're mostly illiterate, incredibly superstitious, and they think everything about the non-Romani world, everything except for themselves, is spiritually unclean, except for money. Which, along with the necessities of marginalized existence justify theft and graft.

I'm partly swayed by that argument but it also strikes me as convenient bullshit.

But aside from this guy I've never interacted with any.

Personally, I feel the core elements of Wanda's character are universal themes like self-determination, overcoming self-doubt, and the struggle to be a good person when the world is against you. That's what made comic readers fall in love with her, and it's her appeal in the MCU, too.

Alot of people like to label Wanda as Jewish or colored or Romani etc to fit their identity politics.

Wanda's all about emotions, self-discovery and inner life rather than external politics.

I think like all people some are bad, some are good.

Some being insular does not mean all are.

She probably identifies as "Witch" first.

Did you read the Robinson book?

>Rocket is space Iron Man
>Gamora is space Black Widow
>Groot is space Hulk
>Star Lord is ordinary intelligence space Tony Stark
>Yondu is space Hawkeeye
>Drax is space Thor
>Nebula is space Ultron/Vision
>Mantis is space Scarlet Witch

mantis looks pretty good in 240p

youtu.be/3MMMe1drnZY?t=43s

I'd say she is a witch first as it's what she does.

That's not to say you can't explore her Romani heritage, you can. The problem is, for example, some of the things mentioned in the above posts could not be touched upon because of the controversy.

Mantis is even more disgusting in 240p.

There's some here in Spain, they are pretty much hoarders.

bendis pls go

This is the problem with retconning an ethnicity onto characters after they've been around for years. Wanda and Pietro spent the early years of their lives in a culture that they've since almost entirely forgotten and abandonded. The one attempt by either of them to reconnect was when Wanda had a fan-service costume.

When they were removing Magneto from the twins' backstory, it might have made sense to follow the MCU and just make them Slavs.

They beg for money, try to sell you stupid shit, they steal, have huge families (seriously, never ever go into a fight with one of them because he's got like 15 brothers that will wreck your shit). That aside, they are harmless here for the most part. They smell and the above things, but there are also cultivated ones that play a mean instrument, will come to pick up heavy shit (if it's copper or iron or something like that) that you don't need, and generally do not cause any permanent trouble nor are they thugs.

Perfect tits.

>The GOTG movie franchise already has too many green characters.
I feel like it has too many blue fuckers.
gas the kree race war now

Scarlet Witch is an objectively terrible character and should be in prison. People only pretend to like her here because they want to pee in her butt.

Man, you can just tell she has the same flapjack titties that ScarJo has.

Hope she never does a nude scene.

I like the fact that Mantis is a mostly non-combatant Guardian.
Anyway both are just ok but scenes with Mantis have a chance of being actually meaningful where we can learn about other characters. Scarlet Witch does explosions.

They are pretty firm, actually.

>even Steve

proof?

No it doesn't matter,and it pisses me off that all Eastern European characters are just gypsies. Fuck them and their """culture""".

They steal kids and sell their organs in the black market. They rob and kill old people, sometimes for as little as 200 euros. They steal every piece of metal. They make as manykids as they can for "dem grants". The government gave them houses and they sold them and then returned to their """camps""".

They are the one true, subhuman race. And the fact that DOOM is a gypsy makes my blood boil.

DELETE THIS

Based Vision.

I don't pretend to like her. I relate to her, in fact.
She doesn't quip, and instead of the badass post-modern "I don't care" schtick of post-90s capes, she actually cares and gets upset.

I want to cuddle her.

That's understandable.

Marcus and McFeely said something to the effect of she is called a "kid" by the other Avengers partly because she is young and uncertain, and also as a way to deal with fear of her.

Guardians 2 was a disjointed fucking mess of a film.

Different tone.and dynamic. It would actually be interesting to see them between the movies.

Only if you have ADD and are incapable of paying attention. Watched it for the first time since the theater run yesterday and it holds up fantastically, outside a couple jokes that run too long. Easily as good as the first movie on the whole, though I expect most people will prefer either the breezy pace of the first or the depth of character of the second.

Actually I only want to hug her.

celebrity worshippers fuck off back to Sup Forums

We worship the characters tho.

Wanda and Mantis are both wonderful and their presence is a boon to the MCU.

Mantis actually has a character.

The real question is did Ego use Mantis as his fuck toy

kys

>They are legitimately badly made movies, all of them.
>the cinematography will always be subpar at best

say that to my face not online motherfucker see what happens

>the crow

I want Mantis to touch Wanda.