Cassandra Cain

General thread + recommended reading?

There are better recommendation lists, but my own:

The new three volume reprints of the first half of her solo Batgirl run

Bruce Wayne: Murderer/Fugitive

Gates of Gotham

For the rebooted current version:

Batman and Robin Eternal (I don't think it's as bad as a lot of fans)

Current Detective Comics

The ritual has begun. I make an offer of three waifus to summon an entity with the knowledge you seek.

This is the first offering.

The ritual continues. I hope the concentrated power of waifuism brings the answers you seek.

This is the second offering.

The ritual ends. Now we can only wait.

This is the final offering.

>Your ritual has failed. You have summoned the demon of Evil Cass.
Read only the following
Robin #148-162
Supergirl #14
Teen Titans #52-54
Batgirl: Redemption Road #1-6

NO WHY HAVE YOU BETRAYED ME

Hey, you're the one who tried to summon demonic forces! You should have just posted your own list. :)

There's already a Cassandra Can thread going on.

... when the fuck did I become the Cass Cain master? I like her mom way better!
Anyway, I dunno, here's the list I have.

Hehehehe

> just as planned.

Man, I ain't takin' over, this is your job. Own up to it.

Because I went back to being anonymous. You still are known.Ergo they know the means to summon you because you have a passing interest to Cassandra now.

And by doing so you've summoned me instead!!

The grand problem of Batman and Robin Eternal is it lost its footing a bit in the narrative and art by the end.

#1 By the end it became the Harper Row show and Dick got downgraded to just being expositionary and moving the plot along.
#2 The art was given to the wrong artist.

That said #13 is a freaking gem of an issue.

Batgirl #1-37, 39-42, 45-50, 58-65, 67, 71-73
Superboy #85
Bruce Wayne: Murderer/Fugitive
Batgirl Vol. 3 #1
Red Robin #13
Batman Inc #6
Red Robin #25
Gates of Gotham #1-3
Batman and Robin Eternal #1, 7-9, 11,13, 24-26
Detective Comics #934-938, 950-956, 958-960 (so far)

Oops forgot:

Batman #567
Detective Comics #734
Legends of the Dark Knight #120
aka her intro arc and becoming Batgirl.
Azreal #56-57, 60-61
Solo #10
Tiny Titans #33, 39, 45-46

That would be the condensed list.

Even though I love her appearances in Harley Quinn comic given more moments with her/Tim.

Good for you. I was kidding. :)

I do think Tony Daniel wasn't a great choice for lead artist, and I'm so freaking annoyed the both Eternals had a lead artist who was stolen by Justice League (Jason Fabok and Tony Daniel were originally schedulled to do more issues, especially at the end of their series, but they were yanked for Justice League titles, which meant that the end doesn't look like the beginning, which I think is just unfair to the creative team).

#13 is the highlight, but I actually think about half of the issues were really solid. Additionally, the whole Harper plot was not super well handled, but I loved the Tim and Jason plot.

What’s with the weekly Cass threads we keep having? Did something happened with her that made her fans super active lately?

Some Cass fans are really salty about Steph being in YJ season 3 and not Cass (so far, at least). Other than that, she's guesting in Birds of Prey and Red Hood and the Outlaws in the next three months.

>Birds of Prey
She is?

Yup. The issue where all the men of Gotham get hit by a virus is going to feature all the girls from Tec.

Yeah the Bensons said that she's going to appear in Birds and I quote, "Will make fans of Cass happy." I dunnno it's more Takara drawing Cass. I'm game.

What made the beginning so great. You had three subplots: Dick/Harper/Cass going one angle, Tim/Jason going down another, and then you had the flashback with Bruce/Dick/Scarecrow.

Why it was so fun the first issues of them playing off one another.

The character interactions were the best part, agreed. Except when Harper was being a bitch for no good reason. And truthfully, I liked all the Batfamily spreading across the world to fight the mobs of brainwashed kids and Orphans - it's when Mother became a ninja that I was like...this is just padding.

I still got a feeling Cass will be in season 3.

You're new to Sup Forums aren't you? There are a TON of Cass fans here. Like literally years ago there was always threads about her. Before the dark times came. Before the Beechen.

>Raised without speaking so she could understand people just by body language
>Finds ballet and is forever amused by the beauty it's daintness and execution
Was Cass ever this cute?

Yes.

Cass threads are some of the original waifu threada. I remember at the height of cass fever we got a cass sticky.

Yep all those ideas we had for her.

Venom Cass
Cass in various other identities.
Cass as Nightwing.
Cass/Captain America

Those are just the easiest to remember since I still have those folders.

>there will never be a Cass Cain x Bandette crossover

> there will never be another glorious Cass ongoing.

Jason, Artemis and Bizarro team up with Cass? Sounds cool.

It looks like more of a fight, actually.

I'm sort of interested in seeing what kind of relationship Cass and Babs develop now, but at the same time, I'm really disappointed that they'll probably never have the mentor/student relationship they had before. I can't imagine current Babs mentoring anyone on anything but how to take a selfie.

Yeah, current Babs is just meh right now. Someone needs to take over her ongoing and redo the character top down. Carve out a niche like King/Seeley did with Dick.

Kate seems to have more of Babs' old relationship with Cass now. Though they don't have enough page time to really develop their relationship.

If only someone had an ONGOING to showcase that relationship behind the scenes.

Cass hooking up with that ballerina would be pretty ok.

I'm not reading the book but it's a clear riff on Phantom of the Opera from that page; is that not where it's going?

Not really, since the ballerina only showed up one more time to patch Cass up after a fight with Lady Shiva and her invincible-to-everyone-except-Cass mooks.

No you're reading that right. Her name even is Christine.

She'll probably show up in the next Cass centric arc. Probably Cass having her meeting Harper. Threesome bad Cass! BAD!

I wondered how triggered Sup Forums will get.

We noticed. We eh and moved on.

stop shipping her with worst boy tim

I actually dislike it purely because it means future writers will either need to sustain or reverse a romantic interest for Cass from now on, and will use this as an excuse to make their particular OTP or other romances happen.

I sometimes forget Tynion is a Snyder protege until he sets up things like this.

I like their sibling banter.

I doubt it'll be romantic. Cass had too many subtextual friendships with gals.