NETFLIX ACQUIRES MILLARWORLD

It was revealed yesterday that Netflix has acquired Mark Millar's "Millarworld" and that they'll be bringing his work to the online streaming service.
I am personally hoping they will adapt Nemesis, Supercrooks, and Reborn (just off the top of my head). The real question, as always, is how much does Sup Forums hate this news?

>The real question, as always, is how much does Sup Forums hate this news?
Can't speak for others, but I fucking despise Mark Millar. He's like if that emo teen who doesn't have the balls to go shoot up a mall, and that jock who lifts constant and beats off to Spike TV because a girl wouldn't go out with him, had a child together, and that child started writing comic books.

>I am personally hoping they will adapt Nemesis
>"HE RIGGED THE WOMB TO COLLAPSE"
Might be fun

Well, the package includes the writes to everything except Kingsman and Secret Service.

SuperCrooks and Starlight already have scripts so I can see them being first.

Go to bed Mark.

Supercrooks was so disappointing, #1 was pretty gud.

It was a short brief piece of fluff, but I thought it was fine enough for a four issue thing

The healing ability death run scene was pretty great

I don't know man, it felt like Millar just pulled some shit up his ass, tho if we are getting a MillarWorld I do hope we get to see the Fraternity in Kickass setting since they're supposedly shared universe

Oh shit, just realized I listed Secret Service twice earlier.
Kick-Ass is the second property not to be included.

But I would like to see something with the Fraternity done with the Jupiter's Saga

Inb4 people start calling the adaptions "Millar Lite"

Secret Service was pretty shit tho.

Nah, Secret Service was fine.
It had more of a character backbone to it than some of his recent stuff, which are mostly hollow.

But isn't the Fraternity kill? Wesley pretty much wiped everyone out except for himself and the fox. And it doesn't really seems like he cares about capes reemerging

I don't know, I feel like the movie just did it more justice.

Nah in the final pages there's still some members he didn't kill which I am assuming is the members of NotLex team

Here, have a rare Millar for this ebin new meme.

>I feel like the movie just did it more justice.

The movie was a completely different animal. It had better action and style, but the comic did the "kid from the slums becomes a spy" thing much better.

Yeah you're right, Movie had a more James Bond feel while the comic was just Mi6 to the EXTREME. I did like how Eggsy got the DrugLord and his jet bit in the comic tho

Yeah, and the comic had more of a coming of age feel to it, with pointed intent to having Gary mature explicitly at the end.

I would like a Wanted animated movie since the movie while enjoyable is just so vastly different from Millar's Earth-3/Antimatter universe earth idea

I can’t bring myself to like most of what Millar writes these days. It’s all dry paste, incredibly formulaic, and it’s been for a while. It’s like, all he does is basically write overlong movie pitches, bare bones, hoping that some director takes it and makes a blockbuster out of it. He comes up with the “clever hook”, then writes the most pedestrian shit around it.

I have no interest in his comics or these shows but I am happy for him because I'm in huge support of comics that aren't just "superheroes but with a TWEEST" getting more attention.

Millar is in the same group of deconstructionists like Bendis and Loeb who ruined superheroes for a long time, but at least Millar has an appreciation of comics history. Millar's kind of like all the shallow parts of Alan Moore. I do like his WildStorm work, though, and he wrote one of my favorite standalone issues of Wonder Woman.

Also unlike Bendis he seems like a super nice guy, very friendly to fans and enthusiastic in interviews.

Same, but as you said when it comes to the big screen it gets better so if it gets animated with more artistic freedom we might actually get something good out of it

Spot on.
Chrononauts, Empress, and Huck (a bit) really suffered from this.

Unfunnies when

>I would like a Wanted animated movie since the movie while enjoyable is just so vastly different from Millar's Earth-3/Antimatter universe earth idea

The screenwriters only got the first issue to work off of for the first major draft, which doesn't introduce any of the wild and wacky shit the rest of the series has. I mean if you got the first issue and maybe some of the very vague themes of the story and was then told to write a whole movie out of that, the Magic Bullet Fate Assassins makes just as much sense as anything else.

So how much is Millar making of this deal anyways to have basically his whole line up liscensed like this would probably be pretty profitable how does he keep getting these deals anyways

One of his confidantes on the forum mentioned that might be around 2 million pounds (1.1 if he didn't do it through his company)

>NETFLIX ACQUIRES HEAP OF ROTTING GARBAGE
Stop the presses

So how much is Millar making of this deal anyways to have basically his whole line up liscensed like this would probably be pretty profitable

>how does he keep getting these deals anyways

The Wanted and Kingsmen films made lodsamone.

Kick-Ass less so, but it has a strong cult following and I think did really well on DVD/VOD.

I just want to see how not Vandal Savage, Not Ra's,Not Manchester Black and Not Joker handled their own regions since it's not shown at all in the book

How does Millar keep getting movie & Tv deals when half his comics are trash

No one cares if the comics are trash, just if the premise is marketable.

Because they're good pitches, movies based on his comics have been successful in the past and Hollywood refuses to make movies with a decent budget if they're not adapted from something.

>No one cares if the comics are trash, just if the premise is marketable.

I dunno, I think the reason we still haven't gotten the Nemesis movie is that the comic is functionally un-adaptable. The cancer in that story is set too deep.

>and Hollywood refuses to make movies with a decent budget if they're not adapted from something.

Reminder that Kick-Ass and Kingsmen were both independently financed.

Well, someone out there thought that "cop fights evil Batman" sounded cool and so it got a deal.

I'm a big fan of Millar's work, but "superheroes but with a TWEEST" is exactly what most of his work is.

B-but wot about all those pitches I sent ya

Yeah, I meant to note that right after that sentence. I was meaning things like Kingsmen or whatever it was originally called and Chrononauts, and I thought Huck was not capes but I looked it up and it is, and Chrononauts is arguably cape as well.

It's a lot more obvious if you break it down.

>MPH
Fantastic Four meets the Flash
>Kick-Ass
Spider-Man if he was a vigilante maniac
>Secret Service
Actually just "Wanted" but with heroic spies

Happy is going to be a series!....
thats it.

Ennis-lite tho

Sinatoro is coming any month now..!

in the next 100 years we COULD see it!

PICKLE RICK!!!!

If I had Millars agent I would be god emperor of the universe.

Cool, can we finally have the cynical movie version of Kick-Ass rather than settle for the semi-upbeat one we already have?

See Kick-Ass 2.

I fucking love Millar this news makes me so excited
just want a Starlight movie more than anything
Morrisonfags should kill themselves