At the end of rebirth Dr. Manhattan brings Rorschach to the main DC universe...

At the end of rebirth Dr. Manhattan brings Rorschach to the main DC universe, saving him from his fate at the end of Watchmen.

He is given his own on going. How would you write it?

I wouldnt, I'd make a Question ongoing instead.
I'd rather we have all the Charlton characters get some spotlight. If they aren't involved in Doomsday Clock I'll be dissapointed

Batman catches him and puts his ass in Arkham.

It's a one-shot. he gets shanked by zsasz and it's over.

Hashtag Deconstructed

He tries to do his tough vigilante thing, but he makes the mistake of doing it in Central City. The entire book is just him trying to break criminal fingers and other brutal shit and getting cockblocked at every turn by a cheerful Flash, who chides him for his misbehavior and continues on his merry way.

Oh god this.

There is no way, given the current political climate, to have someone like Rorschach be a hero anymore, not even an anti-hero either. At least, the way he was in Watchmen.

And he is lucky to be in the DC Universe. If he were in Marvel, he would instantly be portrayed as the worse villain ever.

I agree with this user. Rorschach is not a good fit in Rebirth especially if the Question is someone that also fit the shoes

I can't imagine it being much different than early Spawn was, but without the supernatural stuff. Just have him killing pedophiles and other psychotic deviants

That would be hilarious

Rorschach is basically an alt-right, Rayndwanker posterboy. There is no fucking way that type of character is going to fly in the MakeMineMilkshake industry of today. Not even in DC.

He either loses that, and in the process becomes some sort of Punisher with a funny mask, or he is DOA.

The funny thing is Rorschach's moral absolutist philosophy would be acceptable in a standard superhero setting where good always conquers evil. This was actually the point Moore was making with the character.

So it's kind of like taking Clint Eastwood's character from Unforgiven and putting him in a B-movie Western as a gunslinger who shoots lots of people with no consequence.

Basically he'd just be the Punisher.

There's no such thing as "not flying".

There was an article yesterday about YA novels inspiring constant social justice "controversy" yet doesn't actually impact sales, and if anything increases sales.

The people who complain were not customers in the first place, and the Twittersphere may seem huge and loud, but they're a tiny fraction of the potential audience.

DC has been successful so far by simply ignoring these controversies instead of responding and adding more fuel to the fire. If they say nothing, it fizzles out in one day.

How many people are throwing a fit over the mere existence of HBO's new Confederate show, yet we all know it's going to be a massive success because 99% of the audience isn't part of the Twitter wankfest.

Novels and Tv shows are not comics.

Comic book sales have been shit for decades now, but the fact of the matter is that both Marvel and, to a lesser extent, DC are right now knee deep in PC, social commentary material. I'm positive this is a fad and it will go away sooner than later, but right now, Rorschach has no place as a hero. When the pendulum swings, we'll see.

And DC has not been ignoring these controversies. Look at their response to the Milkshake crap. They are just less radicalized.

>Basically he'd just be the Punisher.

I agree. But while the Punisher is fairly non-political, Rorschach is not. One is fueled by avenging his family, the other has more of a conservative, traditional view.

Remember this? "Meeting with Veidt left bad taste in mouth. He is pampered and decadent, betraying even his shallow, liberal affections. Possibly homosexual? Must remember to investigate further"

SJWs would have a field day based on that quote alone.

>Marvel and, to a lesser extent, DC are right now knee deep in PC, social commentary material
Get over yourself, more than 90% of books on the shelf have nothing to do with politics and many are decidedly un-PC.

And YA books have a very similar market to comics, to doubt that is just ignoring facts.

Kowtowing to SJWs has not lead to financial success to anybody whatsoever and is possibly negatively affecting Marvel sales. With the current landscape nobody, especially not DC, are going to respond to these kind of controversies, especially when outrage over Rorschach would almost definitely fuel sales.

Read what I wrote. The social commentary impregnates the company's message, not necessarily the comic books themselves. And 100% of the books in both companies are either SJW favorable or neutral. What you are saying is that DC would publish a book about a hero who is definitely anti-SJW. That is not happening. Saying otherwise is delusional. Both Marvel and DC instantly respond to even the pettiest, most minute insinuation than they are not being 100% aligned with the current narrative. Jesus Christ, last week we were drowning in milkshake pictures because of some stupid comments on Twitter. And now you think that DC won't care about the backlash of having a hero that investigates people for being homosexuals?

I thought that was about rorschachs supressed gayness

But Deathstroke has an ongoing where he teams up with Dr Light to have sex with teenagers.

>yfw they make him out and proud

I think it's more a suppressed sexuality in general.

He is a street leveler with out the money or intelligence to hack it in a world where super powers, super science, and costumed criminals are common.

He ends up in Bludhaven. Beating up petty thugs. Occupying a slot where he isn't a Nightwing ally, but isn't a Nightwing Rogue.

stop memeing.

An emphasis on Street level violence, with disfigurements, threats, up to and including murder according to his perverted sense of justice

With an overarching conspiracy theory narrative which includes him threatening business heads and politicians.

I don't think the book would work because it'd need to be isolated from the capes but the conspiracy theory stuff wouldn't lend to that. Because he'd probably figure out there's some weird shit going on with oliver queen and bruce wayne etc.

Well, this is going to be unpopular, but here it goes it starts off with rorscach being rorscach, being the homophobic anti social jack ass we know and love, but through his adventures he saves some gay guy from getting raped. He keeps calling him faggot and such but he finds out hes walter kovacs and periodically checks in on him. Its later shown the reason he hates gays is because he was touched by one of his moms clients, and the series shows rorscach slowly lose some of his prejudices while still brutally killing pedophiles and rapists

Didn't even know there was going to be a Confederate show. Does it actually look like it's going to be good, the same old period piece bullshit or some kind of Westworld rip-off?

>Nightwing hears nearby violence
>Checks it out
>Fucking Christ it's just Rorschach beating up muggers again
>Need to make sure he's not getting hate-crime about it
>Rorschach mumbles something about objectivism and post-WWII American exceptionalism before disappearing into a cardboard box for the night
>Nightwing questions why he keeps coming to Rorschach for sloppy blowjobs

Honestly that would be the only way I could see them doing it, but they won't because comics aren't allowed to be that dark anymore.

I hope they do something like that, id think itd be cute if someone like rorscach had a peopy gay sidekick to counteract his grim dark edgyness. Also think of all the gay smut

I don't think Rorschach would ever get to the point where he had a gay sidekick, but I could see him chilling out about it in general. Either that or going really far to the other extreme because "the gays won" or something, but that seems like the kind of thing an SJW writer would come up with to make him a villain and it would suck.

Since this is an alternate timeline, what if Rorschach's mom is still alive but was actually a good mother so little Walter grew up to be a well adjusted, normal person?

A Rorschach and Midnighter team-up would be pretty interesting to see.

>Midnighter
That's evil, gay alt-universe batman right?

Not evil, just hyper-violent.

Are you serious? He would just be DC's Punisher. Both in terms of his methods and in terms of how other heroes and villains would view him. Some would see him as an ally some a menace that goes way too far.

Why do people think Rorscach is homophobic? His only comments are suspecting Veidt is gay, but he always had something bad to say about sexualized women, he's clearly meant to be uncomfortable with anyone showing their sexuality, he even mentions repressing his own urges.

He's pretty conservative and right wing. Because of his traumatic childhood, I think he views sex in general as perverted and lewd. That being said, he probably doesn't approve of homosexuality.

Kill him off in the first issue since the premise is stupid.

One can be misogynistic and homophobic at the same time.

Really? Trump is Rorschach now?
Do you ever get tired of being Autistic?

Look, here's a thing: Rorshach isn't a superhero character.
He's a novel character.
He was created to have a certain role, perform certain actions, demonstrate a certain viewpoint, help delivering the overall message and then vanish.

He's not like Batman or Superman or Naruto, characters designed to be appealing on their own and attract readers for hundreds of issues. He's not designed to be a hero you could make an ongoing about. I mean, what will you do? Have him murder some crooks? Shock factor of that wore off like, in the 80's.

Let's face it, Rorshach is a terrible character to write an ongoing series about. There simply isn't another story in him beyond what we've seen in Watchmen. There is a reason why every single Before Watchmen story was complete and utter horseshit - that exact reason.
Except for Minutemen, because the book simply was able to tell the story that is just implied in Watchmen. But that's it.

bump

You dummies. Rorschach IS the question.

He's really more Mr. A than anything else.