There's Sup Forums Godzilla, /m/ Godzilla, and Sup Forums Godzilla...

There's Sup Forums Godzilla, /m/ Godzilla, and Sup Forums Godzilla. How was the Godzilla serie(s) pertaining to our board?

nbcnews.com/pop-culture/movies/haruo-nakajima-actor-who-played-godzilla-dies-pneumonia-88-n790701

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SrQjr6KAJvU
adventuresinpoortaste.com/2016/08/24/godzilla-the-1978-hanna-barbera-cartoon-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=myqSETD5_bs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The show based on the 98 movie.

Great show.

We also got a bunch of comics some OK and some really good

R.I.P.

>And Godzuuuuuuuuuuuuuki

youtube.com/watch?v=SrQjr6KAJvU

>How was the Godzilla serie(s) pertaining to our board?

Here's an okay review of it:

adventuresinpoortaste.com/2016/08/24/godzilla-the-1978-hanna-barbera-cartoon-review/

I don't think I liked the show as much as that guy, but I remember enjoying it as a kid on Early Cartoon Network, and I was a fan of the Showa and Heisei Godzilla movies at the same time. I could tell it was different, but that didn't keep me from liking it.

I have nothing but respect for a man who wore such a heavy suit willingly, multiple times, and still made it work.

Bless you, Nakajima-san. Godzilla wouldn't be if not for you.

Dave Filoni's memorial picture

We have comics and animated shows. That makes him at least able to be brought up on Sup Forums. If the thread goes elsewhere, then that's just the direction it goes. So yeah. I consider Godzilla Sup Forums for he is applicable to many genres -- kind of like the muppets.

Bump

F

Rest in peace haruo.

Puppetry is Sup Forums because Sup Forums doesn't want it. Or something with how stop-motion uses puppets.

At least bump with image.

Celebrity deaths never tend to make me sad, but this one hits me right at home. Godzilla was a huge part of my childhood and it helped me through hard times as an adolescent and an adult. This is the first time I'm actually sad that someone I never knew personally is dead.

Godzilla in hell is a GOD TIER comic.

Currently watching through the movies for the first time and while I was going through the list I noticed two Godzilla vs Mothras. Is there a reboot of some kind that I should be aware of or is it all the same continuity?

Multiple continuities branching off from the original.

Godzilla Raids Again to Terror of Mechagodzilla constitutes the Showa series

Godzilla 1985/The Return of Godzilla to Godzilla vs Destroyah is the Heisei series.

Godzilla 2000 is the start of the MIllennium series, which are self-contained anthology films with the exception of Godzilla X Mechagodzilla and Tokyo SOS.

Shin Godzilla is a total reboot, but since we aren't getting a sequel until 2021 at the earliest, it's just as much an anthology movie as the Millennium series.

Mothra vs. Godzilla is part of the Showa series.

Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle for Earth is part of the Heisei series.

Separate continuities. And yes, that goes for Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (Showa) and Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (Heisei). Different continuities.

This is mostly right.

The Showa, Heisei, and most of the Millenuim movies have the original 1954 Godzilla film as their starting point. So it's more of a branched timeline from a single point.

The Monsterverse and Shin Godzilla are completely seperate continuities.

Old Godzilla went hopping around

2021?!?!

Just so mods dont tear down the thread

Man, this thing is really outta date.

Hopefully this new era of Godzilla movies doesn't result in nothing but failed attempts at establishing the first part in a long continuity like the Millennium era. Almost every movie in it started out as a sequel to a previous one but got canned partway through and became its own original thing.

Why Toho is doing animated Godzilla films now to 2020. It's a legal loophole given they made a deal with Legendary Pictures that they cannot make a new live-action Godzilla movie till after Godzilla vs. Kong.

So needs Godzilla into Hell and Rulers of the Earth. Maybe Cataclysm?

You forgot Sup Forums Godzilla you uncultured swine

youtube.com/watch?v=myqSETD5_bs

Totally forgivable. BOC is overrated as fuck