Does anyone remember the story behind this

Does anyone remember the story behind this

Nobody gave a shit about a mediocre capeshit cartoon?

Color me shocked batman

Behind what?
A bunch of broke-ass Japanese animators with no funds to get their studio off the ground tapping the Western fans as a source of money for the first time?
So far the ballad of Trigger is a happy one.

500k isn't much even for anime.

LWA is really good. Young Justice was just okay.

Young justice is literally worse than teen titans go

left had some funding already
also only the original ova was good
trigger is shit compared to gainax and copy/ripoff the same shit over and over

That's because anime fans love wasting vast quantities of money on things.

Both sides got what they wanted in the end, so I don't see what the point of this thread is

Trigger have done three serials, and one of those was just nonsense to troubleshoot the setup.
Where could they even have done anything again and again?

And cape fans don't?

You're seriously underestimating how much shows cost to make in the West compared to in the East.

If I've learned anything from my time spent on this site is that weebs and furries have too much money and it needs to be confiscated and put to better use.

>The established fandom of a studio that claims lineage to one of the greatest animation studios ever
>Vs. that guy who made Gargoyles

Come back when you've got a proper comparison you silly weeb.

Half of the cape fans don't even read capes, they only watch the movies and read about thier capes on Wikipedia to brag with nerd cred.

Why would I pay money to see more animated Robin when I can watch TTG for free

Was the YJ one even official? Was it actually going to do anything or was it just someone scamming?

Didn't the Young Justice one want $10 million? You swear anybody would have been able to raise that much.

>Didn't the Young Justice one want $10 million? You swear anybody would have been able to raise that much.

Well, the MST3K revival Kickstarter earned $6.3 million and it was always considered a niche, borderline nonexistent fanbase.

I guess everyone assumed YJ had a much bigger and more mainstream following.

I wonder if a Spectacular Spider-Man crowdfunding campaign would be successful. It seems like the fanbase is about the same size for both shows. Of course you'd never get it past the Mouse anyway so it wouldn't matter, but I'd be curious.

Looking at Kickstarter just as an investment, the history of western animation projects does not inspire much confidence, sadly.

The Japanese ones seem modest in scope, reasonable in budgeting, realistic timeline projections, and there's a good chance of delivery. It helps that the Japanese are completely self-sufficient when it comes to animation. Each dollar goes further with them.

Not true, only like 10 percent of cape fans read comics, i would say only 5% actually spends money on crap

No. YJ didn't even have a Kickstarter, just a fan petition. I don't know what the people in this thread are talking about.

YJ could not have even had a Kickstarter since it's wholly owned by Cartoon Network.

The petition was also notable for being pretty successful since Netflix publicly expressed interest in it.

Probably didn't help that it was fan made and no one who actually worked on the show was behind this, as far as I know. Plus not being on kickstarter instead it had it's own site, it probably felt like a scam.

Moeshit is more popular than good shit. Big surprise. There's a reason the anime industry is dead.

>anime industry is dead because it's too popular
mmm

Still mad how terrible little witch acadamia turned out. The films were so good.

468 people were scammed out of their money. This petition was never affiliated with with anyone official or anyone behind the show. If you wanna make a fair comparison and still shit on western animation then compare it to the Bee and Puppycat kickstarter.

You don't have to deal with basic things like rent or food when you live in your parent's basement.

Wait is a new season confirmed?

>468 people were scammed out of their money.
That's not how it works.

The TV show is far better than the films.

They were scammed because this petition was never officially associated with anybody who had the authority or means to renew the show. They could have raised a million dollars and it wouldn't have mattered because lack of funds was not the reason it was cancelled. And the people behind the petition were either massively misinformed on how the animation industry works or willfully misleading gullible and desperate fans into giving them money for a lost cause. I doubt anybody at cartoon network, dc comics or wb animation were even aware of the petitions existence.

Why the fuck does Young Justice have such a fan base? It was just an OK show IMO and it seems Sup Forums thinks the same generally.

Fuck off commie

>this shit taste

Yeah and that Netflix cash is starting to roll in

How they're big enough for fucking Disney to recognize them as a target fanbase

>anime is more popular than it's ever been
>the industry is dead

give money and artistic freedom to japanese animators and you get a good piece of entertainment aimed to their audience. Give money and artistic freedom to western animators and you get SJW and niggers using only 40% of the budget.

Learn the difference.

Because Little Witch was by a good team wanting a one-off good. Young Justice was just mediocre. I can't quite state what precisely about it is is but the way everything moves is so lifeless, like a videogame character that just periodically plays an idle animation. And the voice cast was not particularly enthralling at that.