This should be interesting

m.ign.com/articles/2017/08/08/disney-to-launch-its-own-streaming-services-and-pull-its-movies-from-netflix

This just makes it less likely I'll watch Disney movies

There gonna regret it.

They don't have enough content to justify this to be honest.

>Marvel
>Disney
>Pixar
>Lucasarts
All very impressive, but not worth an entirely new subscription service.

Jesus fucking christ, enough with the independent streaming platforms. It will not be the cash grab you think Netflix is.

You're an idiot who forgot about literally everything ESPN has rights to

>Touchstone Pictures
>A&E
>History Channel
>Lifetime
>ESPN

Just how many streaming services do they think I'm going to pay for? I dropped cable for exactly this reason.

>Disney and Netflix make big deal about getting recent Disney/Marvel movies onto Netflix
>only lasts a little over a year

Okay.

This is the unfortunate reality of wanting on-demand content in a free market.

What if someone came up with a sort of package for all these streaming services, so it's just one monthly price depending on how many streaming services you wanted. Hell you could hook it up directly to your TV and even just have programs running while you decide on which ones you'd like to select to watch

I hope this incentivizes Disney to greenlight Craig McCracken's new serialized show, it would probably be a hit on a streaming service

>paying for stuff
>when the internet gives it to you for free
I will never understand this

OH BOY MORE SERVICES

God, this is one of those few times where I wish Netflix was a monopoly and just held the reigns on everything from cable to Hulu to Amazon.

Sometimes you wanna support the stuff you like and have the income to do so.

Like the new Tick show on Amazon. Literally the only way to show my support is to buy the season.

They have a HUGE amount of shit from the Disney vault to draw upon. That alone would keep them afloat since 95% of the Disney back catalog has never been available to stream before

Somebody has to pay for the service so it can keep going and so you can pirate it. You think someone is just hacking Netflix so you can watch their exclusive content?

This is what I think will eventually happen. Similar to what cable packages are.

What if they make their own original programming, it could be good.

They've fuck all films on the Britbong Netflix

And nothing of value was lost

My post was joking about making a service identical to cable.
But christ, yeah. I wouldn't be surprised in the next 20 years if we see cable fazed out only to be replaced to a service compiling streaming and "on demand" things in the exact same fashion.

Don't they own Miramax too?

I mean, what you described is literally what a lot of apps do, where they "go through multiple ___" and basically do the work for you and such. It's really not that farfetched and a lot of devices already make it so you can hook netflix up to your TV with just a single cord and don't need a computer.

If nobody paid for anything, then they would have no reason to make these shows and movies in the first place.

And round and round we go with this.

The government should pay for it out of our taxes
A lot of stuff should be paid for like health care

>Disney
>Pixar
>Star Wars
>Muppets
>Touchstone
>Buena Vista Distribution
Not even an exhaustive list, but it's a large chunk of stuff. I'm not paying for it, but I didn't pay into Netflix either so whatever.

Ask the folks in the UK how much they like their license fee.

They used to, but sold it

Marvel

There's Disney content on Netflix?

Maybe it's because I'm in the UK but I don't recall seeing any.

All of these separate streaming services aren't going to be sustainable. Most will will only want a couple. It would be more feasible to offer many them in one package deal.

Sort of like cable.

And streaming slips even further to nu-cable. Enough with the fragmentation.

This

I'm happy to pay it just so the BBC stays free of adverts. I fucking hate adverts.

Disney severely underestimates the power of lazyness. Unless they pull some other networks on their side, they are bound to become the next Amazon Prime.

You thought this wouldn't happen? Netflix may have been the pioneer, but now everyone is getting in on it and they're going to lose a lot more market share in the years to come. And wanting one company to dominate everything is fucking stupid anyway. Netflix will be forced to compete.

>You will never get fucked in your boipussy by a BBC while he asks you to buy a new brand of condoms
why live desu

I imagine that the same companies that own the cables companies will eventually buy all the streaming services and make it like how cable was.

Full circle.

This is gonna make so much money

I look forward to my grandkids telling me about this revolutionary "live TV" concept in 60 years.

>everyone just goes back to pirating because they don't want to pay for more than one service
Genius.

i cant believe it took them this long. If they give people access to the entire Disney library. Its a fucking license to print money.

Kek

I have serious doubts that it will be this open. I will be surprised to see Snow White in 1080p without something forcibly digitized onto it to invent a new copyright.

You're underestimating how many parents will get it just so that their kid can watch Frozen for the five-hundreth time on a tablet without having to pirate it or anything like that. Kids watch movies over and over so it's a better market to charge for them monthly than to charge for them once.

The people bitching about it on here aren't the majority. Also, it'd be better if it was a tax.

this
its basically youtube but with actual disney and not live action elsa and spiderman

What are the odds that this is a pretext to get other content owners to license their work for distribution under Disney?

>it's all bluray "restorations" quality

Then reduced to 720p, just like they use on broadcast television.

Oh well, didn't pay for Netflix anyways. honestly, this streaming era is gonna kill itself, if they keep trying to make their own services for every little thing. I might as well buy the goddamn BD. easily there, don't have to pay monthly and the box is good to look at.

Physical Media > Digital anyday.