Native American Sup Forums

Ok so what is the Sup Forums scene like with American Indian peoples? My Navajo buddy loves anime and I'm pretty into capshit comics, it seems to be a theme in the native community. Any other native peoples here? What does Sup Forums in general think about Indian characters?
>inb4 tumblrite calls me out on saying Indian
fuck outta here whitey, you took everything you don't need my identity too

Other urls found in this thread:

bdtheque.com/search.php?cboThemes=167&chkDetails=on&hidetop=1
legendsofamerica.com/na-legends.html
youtube.com/watch?v=G1Ma3NVBij8
aptn.ca/guardians/
youtube.com/watch?v=-asPxvBhyaY
youtube.com/watch?v=od95vs9jxI4
youtube.com/watch?v=V98oSsRuWvI
youtube.com/watch?v=zeVW-CZdHAs
youtube.com/watch?v=U1b_pwNRGKo
youtube.com/watch?v=4ToCb3-y0io
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pic related

How does It feel to be the forgotten group in the "Diversity Train" alongside islanders?

My Indian friends don't seem to be huge fans of superheroes other than spiderman, but they fucking love narudo and one piece. Its just a "cool need thing" in the mid west I guess.

I miss Apache Chief

I wish there were Native American characters who weren't from some reservation and walk with spirits or whatever the fuck.

I guess Equinox is close but she still has generic NA mythology tied up in her origin.

Guys I need help! Ok I'm part Native but I'm making a Native American character and I need help with her because I'm really not educated on her tribe enough and I really need to update her character design. Keep in mind I made her freshman year of high school, but now I'm going into animation college and I have a lot I want to do with her. Any Native people here willing to help me out? She's mescalaro Apache. Here's an old picture of her. Yeah I know, please help.
Me too :/
>I wish there were Native American characters who weren't from some reservation and walk with spirits or whatever the fuck.
Sounds like my girl

>but they fucking love narudo and one piece.
every indian loves narruto and one piece. My buddy claims he's one of the narruto characters all the time and says language from the show.

Turok is one of the longest running comics ever.

>do it for him

I remember in middle school reading this book that was basically like Diary of a Wimpy Kid except written more accurately to how a middle schooler would sound like (cursing, offensive humor, etc.) and the art would realistically shift depending on the kids mood and what he was drawing. It was about this Native American kid who goes to an mostly white school outside his reservation and just trying to live his life while discussing the hardships and learnt helplessness these reservations had and how tough it was for a lot of people to get out. It was pretty good but can't remember the name of it.

Sounds like a Sherman Alexie book

Haha what do you mean? The only people on the diversity train are blacks and transexuals.

Those are the higher hierarchys and you forgot muslims. I'm asking this because when I used be a left leaning centrist falling for the Social Justice meme I always noticed how amerindians(except latinos) and islanders were always left out, even asians and curry indians had more rep

>hierarchys

*hierarchies

as a hispanic person, i think indians are faggots. they just dont have as much white blood as i do. other than that we are genetically the same. i think you fuckers getting gibs and wasting them on alcohol is gay as fuck. i think more indians need to kill that dumb culture shit thats keeping them all in drunken dirt camps and just be people like everybody else
>muh lands
>muh people
im what happens when the whites dont stop. you fucks dont get to complain

>spic
>thinks he's human
Get outta here cholo, you're kind's whats keeping violence around reservations and raping our women.

Some eurocomics (so no capes, there may or may not be translation, and some of the characters are *a bit* caricatural)

Oumpah-pah (Uderzo and Goscinny, best known for Asterix), it's mostly a humor comic, set during the colonization
Yakari (Job, Derib), a children comic, with animal spirits and so on, IIRC, we never see non-Indian caracters.
Luuna (Crisse, Keramidas), kinda like the previous one, but for teens.
Buddy Longway (Derib), the life of a trapper, married to a Sioux, this one is quite emotional and (apparently) realistic.
We see some Indians in western comics (Lucky Luke, Blueberry, Jerry Spring) but they're rarely the focus
Apparently Hugo Pratt did some comics which focused on Indians, but I didn't read them
Frenchman (Prugne), set in 1803, focuses on the interaction between the Indians in Louisiana, the Americans who just bought the region and French trappers/soldiers/crooks (nice art)

Here's a list of comics with American Indian peoples: bdtheque.com/search.php?cboThemes=167&chkDetails=on&hidetop=1

Almost none of these comics are set in the present and really focuses on what it's like to be an Indian now, except apparently Red Road by Derib, but I didn't read it, so I don't know more.

Wow thanks for the post, I'll have to save this somewhere

>keeping violence around reservations and raping our women
thats the alcohol in your veins my man, my, red man

Meanwhile in Canada.

No the amount of people who've died on my reservation to a mestizo's bullet is just ridiculous. Not gonna lie, alchohol is an issue and so is generational violence, but mexican gangs around the rez is a huge issue too.

>mexican gangs around the rez
i find that hard to believe unless theyre running drugs through there, in which case you have to sling some shit at the indian gangs as well

Wasn't he black right now?

You're welcome

as a Hispanic person you kill more whites on average than niggers and the body count has continued to rise so you should shut the fuck up.

Nah bro. Blacks are the highest on the interracial(it's more common for killers to kill someone on the same race group) violence ratio atleast on the US

will you putos stop aguing and continue the demographic overtaking of the fucking anglos already?

Oh, the songs that were made alongside that book were pretty good.

No matter how much you suck up you're not getting into that all white country club, Paco. So go back to selling bags of fruit on the corner where you belong.

t. going extinct in less than a century

T. Made the country youd kill to live in.

When I was a kid my mom was really big into the local Native American scene, especially in the 90s when it was a huge trend. She'd go to powows and had a bunch of native friends and had books and art and most of her own artwork was inspired by the culture, though our family is white. I was never into it and didn't bother to connect to it much because when I was younger I thought of it as a "mom thing," so I really missed out on it. Had a lot of Pocahontas shit as a little kid, though, and I guess that might've been because of my mom buying it for me more than me actually liking the movie. It wasn't until I became a teenager and hit a weeaboo phase and my family started to tell me "hey, you're just like mom, but with japan instead" that I sort of got a better idea where her interest was coming from.

I now have this one friend who claims to be part native american, though she seems pretty white (by which I mean her whole family looks very white, but hey, that happens), and I haven't really noticed much evidence of her interest in the culture beyond like one dreamcatcher hanging in her living room and maybe a few SJW-ish facebook posts, like telling everyone to observe "indiginous people's day" instead of columbus day. She's a big gatekeeper whenever the subject comes up and demands that all of her white friends (so all of her friends) bend to her authority on the matter or else she accuses them of appropriating her culture and/or racism. I miss how chill my mum's friends were back in the day about sharing and shit.

Anyway, trying to get back on topic, my friend is a huge fucking weeb and Disney nut but gets offended as fuck by their old golden age and silver age stuff if it contains anything remotely racist. Doesn't stop her from visiting the Disney theme parks at least twice a year though.

Oh not actually a jizzskin, I just think that he is so sad that he hates literally anybody that isn't pale as an albino.

Did you guys read Occupy Avengers? Red Wolf is a major character and his dynamic with Hawkeye was great. The first arc was about a reservation going through a Not!Flint water crisis. There were also the Fireheart brothers who were minor characters who popped in and out as the book went on. Puma was also in the book and made a cameo in the final chapter. Strangely enough despite Puma also being named Fireheart there was no relation between him and the brothers and they didn't interact. Its a really good book and the team needs to show up again sometime. Shame the book was a flop but I blame that mostly on the shitty name it was given. I mean really? Occupy!?

Also I wonder if Marvel will ever get around to acknowledging that there's 2 Red Wolves in the MU right now. The one in Occupy from 1872 and the modern day one in the pic

Stop.
I'm Spanish New Mexican which means that I'm a mix of mexican, spanish and Native American and I can say without a doubt, oppressed people in poverty are going to be opressed people in poverty no matter what land they come from. People who come from drug and alcholism strucken places are going to have to live with the consequences of being born in an unfortunate situation. People who've been raped, sent to concentration camp-like boarding schools to kill their culture and spirit, been kicked off their homes onto unknown land they are not used to, and had their scalps hunted for two dimes each are going to not be living without the repercussions of those horrible things. We're all fucked over here, quit your pointless race war. It just distracts from where the real issues sprout.
Now can someone please help me with my character?

She sounds like me except I'm not an sjw and don't look full white, more like light-hispanic looking

isi dawndancer from Monster High. She's cute.

Part time Indian

Please stop. I don't want to want to fuck a deer.

Sorry, things got heated there user.

Here, let me link you to a site about various Native American Legends that could help you find inspiration.

legendsofamerica.com/na-legends.html

Also try googling 'Native American Armor' and you will find some really nice aesthetics.

>How does It feel to be the forgotten group in the "Diversity Train"
Feels pretty good, who the fuck would want to be on the SJW radar having middle class white hipsters get offended and speak on your behalf?

Thanks user, I think my local library will think that this is a good find if I tell them about it. They got a section about Natives with works of fiction, non fiction, and comics, so it would fit there really nicely.

>Native American Sup Forums

Theresa bunch of "native" cartoons. Alot of them suck. Bunch theres Wapos Bay, which is like claymation King of the Hill, in a small canadian town with a mostly native population. Its comfy as hell.

Wapos Bay
youtube.com/watch?v=G1Ma3NVBij8

The guys that made Wapos Bay made another series called Guardians Evolution. Its also claymation and deals with a group of kids that where put into cryosleep with their parents to wake up in the future, but shits gone all wrong while they were asleep, and they need to rescue their parents and figure out what the fucks going on. Its actually a decent series, and got two seasons.

You can watch the first season of it here. I dont know where you would find the second one.
aptn.ca/guardians/

Heres some various other cartoons on APTN. Aboriginal Peoples Network. They will air LITERALLY anything, if it has at least one native person in it. I used to watch the Lost World cartoon on APTN all the time back in the day.

youtube.com/watch?v=-asPxvBhyaY

youtube.com/watch?v=od95vs9jxI4

youtube.com/watch?v=V98oSsRuWvI

youtube.com/watch?v=zeVW-CZdHAs

youtube.com/watch?v=U1b_pwNRGKo

And then theres "Kagagi", with its crazy ass theme song.

youtube.com/watch?v=4ToCb3-y0io

Don't forget Tipi Tales.

>mfw from a family from a white christian culture that was genocided to fuck by muslims 100 years ago and now having to listen to SJWs today tell me about my privilege

The desire is already there.
You only fear yourself.

>Guardians Evolution

>In 2078 A.D., there is a Great Extinction Event. Five teenagers are cryogenically frozen as part of Project Guardian. They awake in 41,740,659 A.D. (expressed as "41 million years later") to a wildly different Earth. With the help of a robot they must resettle the planet, opposed by another preserved human with an army of robots. They were supposed to be frozen for 50 million years but an earthquake contaminated their cryogenic pods and caused an early emergency-release. Their parents are still trapped in contaminated cryo-pods and cannot be released safely so the teens must rebuild civilization alone.

>They are tasked with finding a replacement accelerator ring (protected by a cloaking field) so that their base and regain enough power to facilitate repairs. They wear crystal-driven power suits which enhance their strength and speed and protect them from the elements as they venture out into a mutant wilderness.

>Native American Sup Forums
>APTN

Oh, fuck, I'm gettin' a flashback here, maybe you guys can help.

When I was a kid there was this cartoon I watched either on YTV or APTN and it was specifically, like, an inuit cartoon about these inuit children going on an adventure through all this really weird, otherworldly, aboriginal fantasy adventure up north.

I have no idea what it was called and doubt it even existed, but maybe someone else knows what the hell I'm talking about.

Probably pretty shit, Native Americans are probably the most shat on group in the US. Blacks don't even begin to compare with the shit they put up with.

>tend to vote left, so red states pretend that they can't afford to have polling stations anywhere near native land
>have 'protected' land that isn't actually protected from anything, the moment any big corporation wants to fuck everything up for fun and profit suddenly that land isn't theirs anymore
>culture is saturated with the lingering resentment of their genocide, to the point where many of them feel guilty just participating in white man shit
>constantly preyed upon by dumbass cops looking to prove how big their balls are
>constantly preyed upon by mexican immigrants who hate them for some reason

The funny thing is, literally no one cares. The far left of the horseshoe only gives a fuck about blacks and the political right is actively trying to squeeze them out of existence. Most older authority figures in their own communities are consumed by nihilism too, because they've seen generations of shitty conditions and broken promises come and go.

>and some of the characters are *a bit* caricatural

Believe me, nothing could be more caricatural than Native Americans written by modern Americans.

>constantly preyed upon by mexican immigrants who hate them for some reason
The abused kick downwards and you guys are at the bottom. It's the same reason the Irish victimised the blacks in the 19th Century, both of them were at the bottom but the Irish were just one notch above the nigs. The spics are one notch above the natives.

American Eagle and Dani Moonstar are the only cape characters I can think of at a moment's notice.

American Eagle was rad in Ellis' Thunderbolts.

Considering that you aren't the ones being tokenized and neither the ones being persecuted must be nice. Say, is It true that you guys like heavy metal? What's the music of the red man?

Amerindians are the only group I think that still get shit to this day. I won't virtue signal, but It must suck

>Be like the only Native American to browse Sup Forums
>Oh hey a thread about Natives, maybe some BW art.
>...my reaction every time.

No the Irish were below blacks until the 1900's

Even though we are a Spanish-speaking Catholic country all of our Natives are English-speaking Protestants

I think it has more to do with Native American being a non-factor when it comes to political activism. Even Sup Forums is largely quiet when it comes to them compared to every other kind of brown race.

With Blacks you have them riot and act as footsoldiers for the American left. When a black criminal gets shot they go full chimpout and burn down a city. They're the left's favorite attack dogs and so they give them headpats from time to time with MUH DIVERSITY and white guilt.

A native criminal gets shot on the Rez no one gives a shit. I think a lot of people aren't even sure if Native Americans even exist anymore.

I find it hard to feel bad for Blacks after all the breaks they've gotten but I legitimately think Native Americans can still play the diversity card.

Yeah after a while the whole I'm a drunk loser that rapes his kids while the tribal leader steals all our federal money bs gets annoying to hear about

Did Native girls make good girlfriends? How do I get a squaw gf?

Turok is at the top of the list

Indigenous populations are the single most abused and undermined demographic in basically any country you go to -depending on how successful colonists were at genocide, nobody cries about how the Jamaicans successfully killed off their entire indigenous culture after all-.

If I had to take a wild guess about 'why' indigenous people are thrown under the bus, it's most likely because most liberal SJW ideology is globalistic and you simply cannot support indigenous values, cultures, etc.. And by a "person of the world", if only because you're that asshole who wants to accept 1 million refugees or something to further shit up and strain the land of a nation you just "took over".

Any consciously aware native person should realize that liberals don't give a shit about indigenous status and will destroy native american culture.

Did they seriously fucking blackwash Turok?

>Blackwash
>Not Petroleumdipped

Nanook?

I feel you senpai

I'm here too, bud.

I mostly embrace the anonymity of the site though. Seems like anytime its brought up, especially on Sup Forums, its "muh listerine" "I feel no guilt" "no real injuns anymore".

Im honestly kinda surprised there seems to be such a civil discussion on Sup Forums concerning natives. It's refreshing.

Stop drinking Listerine then

I have found some interesting ones, I remember awhile back we had this really nice discussion on Sup Forums how Infamous: Second Son could have been improved by actually incorporating Native American mythology into it.

There were also some really comfy Native American armor threads on /his/ every now and then.

I'm actually one of the people that wrote off the book and never read too much about it because of its name, is it actually one worth picking up?

Fucking Hispanic studies and community at the University level have been taken over by LGBT and SJWs.

>That gif
Y'know what, can't really argue with that.

make me, faggot.

>not drinking scope
How does it feel being a pleb?

With Native representation there's always this double edged sword type of thing where you have to either make them Native entirely or not at all. No middle ground. If they're just a normal American guy who does normal american things there's this writing or casting problem where people will say "Why waste a Native actor on a non Native part?" But if you make them too Native then you run into the mistake of mixing up some aspect of their culture and run the risk of offending the group and rather than deal with any backlash you decide to not have the character at all. So Native characters never appear because live action roles are sparse and writers don't know what to write if they had one on call. It's how we end up with guys like Black Crow, a character so Native American its impossible to look at him without rethinking your life and everything in it.

Though strangely enough JM DeMatteis, who created him for his Captain America run, was originally going to have this guy replace Steve Rogers as Captain America. I guess he would have used his shape shifting powers to make everyone thing steve was still around or something. I guess it would have been cool to have an actual Native guy as Captain America, but if it was going to happen, I'd say American Eagle- Jason Strongbow- would be better suited. Though he never appears at all because of the problem mentioned above with him "not being Native enough"

>Blackwashed

Holy fuck I didn't think you could dial raciest up this far I mean he is supposed to be fucking American Indian of all the races that got fucked hard in life, you are going to black wash the few heroes they have!?

All of the native threads on Sup Forums are "What is your opinion on natives?" and some of them are just sad, even a good chunk of Sup Forumsacks feels bad for them on their own way, like for bringing the blacks to America. I always take a quick look on them because I have a fetish for exotic girls and I remember one that managed to gather alot of people who claimed to be full injun, even a femanon

part native black dude here. I like characters like dani moonstar or forge from x-men . I really like spiderman, punisher, and the flash. but over the past 2 years I've been getting more and more into Manga shit like Jojo and Boku no hero academia. Funnily enough I believe they are Sup Forums approved Sup Forums shit

They turned Magnus Robot Fighter into Magnus Robot Therapist Lady, too.

Its pretty good. If you like Green Arrow, you'll like this. It's basically the Hard Traveling Heroes thing but with Clint and Wolf in place of Green Arrow and Lantern. 2 other characters join up later. I found there to be a bit too many Comic booky elements like Skrulls and robots to make it "real" like the solicits for the book implied it was going to be, but it was still good. The title was stupid though. I have no idea what the execs at Marvel were thinking because I know there's no way the writer wanted that title. It really is a Rose by Any Other Name type thing, since it was well done but no one picked it up due to the awful title. Dead on arrival. What were they thinking!?

Are you up to part 7 yet? There's a really cool native character in that too.

Motherfucker is part of a horse race across the country and he's just there sprinting through it.

Running fast isn't even his stand, he's just that good at running.

Huh, yeah sounds pretty alright, i think i'll check it out. Having a look at it on comixology and all that and from what it sounds like it kinda reminds me of "Daredevils unnamed group" sort of thing.

Thanks user.

It's amazing how native threads breaks up anons like this every single time. I thought islanders were getting a pretty big push with the Rock, Aquaman, and Moana.
>middle class white hipsters get offended and speak on your behalf?
That's still happening to a degree like with the "redskins" name

Any Apache people here?

Thanks man
My dad had an old turok comic, wonder were it's at

>redskins
Redskin is a sler though. It's not for having "red skin" the term was coined from scalming idnians for money, and the red blood that would drip down their skin after the scalping. Most people who fight against the term don't even know that's the true meaning of the term.

Is he or did they just make him browner? I'm getting more Jason Mamoa vibes
also
Throughout American history, there has been frequent mixing between Native Americans and black Africans. When Native Americans invaded the European colony of Jamestown, Virginia in 1622, they killed the Europeans but took the African slaves as captives, gradually integrating them. Interracial relationships occurred between African Americans and members of other tribes along coastal states. During the transitional period of Africans becoming the primary race enslaved, Native Americans were sometimes enslaved with them. Africans and Native Americans worked together, some even intermarried and had mixed children. The relationship between Africans and Native-Americans was seen as a threat to Europeans and European-Americans, who actively tried to divide Native-Americans and Africans and put them against each other.[34]

During the 18th Century, some Native American women turned to freed or runaway African men due to a major decline in the male population in Native American villages. At the same time, the early slave population in America was disproportionately male. Records show that some Native American women bought African men as slaves. Unknown to European sellers, the women freed and married the men into their tribe. Some African men chose Native American women as their partners because their children would be free, as the child's status followed that of the mother. The men could marry into some of the matrilineal tribes and be accepted, as their children were still considered to belong to the mother's people. As European expansion increased in the Southeast, African and Native American marriages became more numerous.[35]

Anyone here interested in letting me talk with them about my protagonist? This is really important to me and I wiuld appreciate native people helping me out with her, as she's a modern character and I done want to fuck her up.
If you're interested please contact me at [email protected]

shit, I'm just finishing Vento aureo. I really wanna get to steel ball run, not just because of the praise, but I unironically find cowboys in supernatural or unusual settings cool (i.e. McCree from overwatch)

its hiigghhhhhh noon

user you're making my dick erect

Do you like Seven Deadly Sins?

Isn't that American Eagle or someone in Marvel?

No real powers, just a motorcycle and ass kickin boots.

Language can change.

Are implying I was trying to be a Dick? Because that was a legitimidade question. And yes, Islanders are just above amerindians in the ranks of the pandering

pushdin please

bump

Except in canada

Don't forget Yvon of the Yukon.