Telltale Batman

Easily one of Telltale's better premier episodes

I kinda like John, even though he's going to stab me in the back.

Dont worry, it will fall apart soon enough

The last Telltale Batman was so disappointing it was the first steam game I've ever refunded. You'd have to pay me to play this one.

Where my TftB S2?!

I'm still waiting to play it because GOG hasn't even got it ready for download. All I want to do is hang out with my BFF, John. :(

I said it was very thoughtful of him, but I wouldn't take a selfie with him.

>but I wouldn't take a selfie with him.

rude

The relationship system is bullshit. It gives you the illusion that you're making a big impact, but it only boils down to one hard choice. You can be Gordon's best friend in season one, and then be his best friend in this episode, but if you interrogate the suspect in the GCPD, even if you don't abuse him at all, Gordon gets butthurt and says he can't trust Batman anymore. What the fuck.

Alfred's "relationship" changes between grieving and vengeful depending on if you let him watch the video. That one choice is all that matters with him.

Tiffany's choice is if you tell her about Riddler's device at the funeral.

Joker's choice is if you agree to meet his friends or not.

There's no depth. Just the illusion of depth. I know that's true for all telltale games, but I saw people praising the relationship system and it seems like it's fooled a bunch of people.

Does this game let you make decisions for how you acted in the first game, or do you need to import a save?

It lets you make some decisions, but not all of them. The game recognizes other choices, but those instances are rarer and require an import.

You can select what choices you want to affect the game from S1 if you don't import a save/don't have a save.

So is Tiffany going to become Lucius 2.0 or is she going to go full Batgirl in this season?

Yup. I'll admit, he's good at selling his act as trying to be a genuine friend and struggling to fit in. I can see why Harley would fall for it.

It could go either way, but she seems more Lucius 2.0 than Batgirl

Other Batman series:
>Batman and Joker are mortal enemies who are constantly at each others throats, yelling edgy stuff as they fight.

Telltale Batman:
>Bruce Wayne and John Doe take selfies together.

This is just too good. I give it to Telltale, they know how to revamp a character well.

Yeah, one thing that excites me is it's very obvious to see how Harley fell for him in this universe.

Playing this game is hard because Troy Baker has a really attractive voice.

The dude's done, Two-Face, Joker, and Batman. He's fairly talented.

I really like the idea of John Doe/Joker being a mentally unstable friend type, where you have to choose to indulge him or prevent him from doing destructive shit

It'll be a shame if (judging by the episode 5 silhouette) he just goes back to evil psycho clown

It's also kind of surreal how it's not that different from his Batman voice in the Lego games.

I don't get the appeal of these games. They're not much of a game as is and it's always just the illusion of choice.

I didn't play any of the first season or this episode or whatever, I just came into this thread to say WHY THE FUCK IS TELLTALE MAKING A GODDAMN FUCKING BATMAN GAME WHEN THAT STUPID SHIT HAS LIKE A DOZEN GAMES TO HIS NAME
A TELLTALE SUPERMAN GAME COULD BE GODLY
BUT NOOOOO, FUCKING BATMAN HAS TO GET ANOTHER GAME

Oh god I hope I get to rape the Joker.

He's gonna be the Joker, just like Two-Face was going to be Two-Face

Your only concern shpuld be whether you're going to deny yourself an interesting story by fighting against the inevitable just like the fools who denied themselves a pretty good Two-Face scarring

As much as I enjoy Batman and found Guardians of the Galaxy to be a bit bland, I agree. GotG is nowhere as overused as Batman.

I do hope Telltale does more with their Marvel deal than just them, though.

The first season's $6 on steam. Is it worth picking up? Haven't played any Telltale game in years, and it looks pretty interesting.

Why wasn't there a preview for episode 2? Did telltale stop doing that or something?I had to delete my last post because I didn't spoiler right, but here it is again. The ending was so predictable. Of course Waller knows Batman is Bruce Wayne. It also looks like they are setting up the suicide squad to be the big bads. The 3 figures look like Harley, Hugo Strange, and Deadshot? On my main profile, I didn't owe John anything, and I denied trying to be his friend, but he still is hopeful? And fuck Tiffany, ungrateful bitch. I own up to her by telling her the truth and all I get is attitude.

Yes, its very comfy. good mystery and story. Characters aren't as strong as TWDG though.

>I denied trying to be his friend
Its like you hate fun. We befriend John because we know its going to end in a trainwreck.

That's what 2nd playthroughs are for

Telltale fucking sucks and everyone knows it.

Your choices almost NEVER matter in the end, and the writing is as predictable as fuck. The ONLY redeemable thing about Telltale Batman was that Joker wasn't horrible.

The twist on riddler was great though. That and best costume design in the history of the character. It's literally the only time his design isn't "Dapper motherfucker" or "Guy in bodysuit."

It looks alright. I can agree that Telltale at least tried something different with the designs for these villains.

RIDDLE ME THIS

I'm thinking that Harley will be the Alpha in this relationship. The way John seems so eager to get approval and such.

can't rape the willing.

That'd be an interesting twist. She could even be the reason he turned out the way he did.

It's not the Suicide Squad. That's a group that Waller controls.

It's probably just an unnamed villain group. Either that or they're literally called The Pact.

"You want him to love you John?"

"You've got to be the want he wants the most."

"An equal, something to chase."

Bruce looking just a tad heartbroken as John decides to be the best villain he can be. For their sake.

This

She did sound more bossy and competent in that email to Riddler.

I'd be all on board for that. Psychologically manipulative Harley. Knows how to get her fingers in there.