Ultimate Spider-Man Pt. 21

Prior threads are here. Not gonna be super social. Miles is really bummin me out and I'll be so thankful when this is over.
I forgot which story I was supposed to storytime afterward. Was it Daredevil TPB by Bendis and then followed up with Powers TPB?

I'm also willing to do the complete Bendis arc of Avengers which incorporates all the corresponding events (although the chronology won't be perfect).

1. New Avengers Vol. 1
2. House of M
3. Civil War
4. Mighty Avengers
5. Secret Invasion
6. Dark Avengers/X-Men Utopia
7. Siege
8. Avengers Vol. 4
9. New Avengers Vol. 2
10. Fear Itself
11. Avengers vs. X-Men.

This would be an ordeal and I would SUPER recommend a posting order. I'm pretty sure I have all the major issues tied to the afformentiaoned stories but I would want this to be as accurrate as possible.

Spider-Bump

I know I complain a lot, but Bendis' use of continuity is absolute shit. It's atrocious, and the fact that he can't keep consistency when he was the one that wrote the stories is abysmal. Dude needs to make a series bible.

Spider Fist Bump

Captain America here to abandon another Spiderman

You said it Gwen. Cap is a massive douche

So, uhhhh what happened to the u.s. again?

>Texas declared state independence
I could believe that

Preach it brother!

I'm not gonna lie, I seriously don't remember the reason. All I know is that it took place after Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates. I assume some states secedded and decided to become their own nations. Thank god President Cap was there to kick them in the ass. How do yall feel about Ultimate Comics: Ultimates? Hicklman's issues on 1-12 were spot on, Humphries was an intersting concept but brought down in execution #13-24 (President Cap was god tier and there are a few great issues), and then we have Fialkov whom only had 6 issues (#25-30) and he perfectly encapsulated what made the Ultimates great. He hit the ground running and brough balls to the wall action in evey way imaginable. Hell, his first issue was fucking phenomenal both in art and story,

What happened to DC?

Unrelated to the thread, but I'm powering through all the MCU movies and would to hear your thoughts on them (I know some may not consider it Sup Forums but it would not exist without the comcis that came before). Post what you enjoyed as well as what you hated. If you're gonna do a rating, try to use a 1-10 scale with 5 serving as a true average. An average movie means that you wouldn't be pissed off if you spent money on a ticket. Not good, not bad, but a solid way to waste some time. For example, I consider the movie "Gamer" to be a truly average movie. Neat plot, so so acting, but I had fun. It's very likely you may disagree because I have a much higher tolerance for bad movies (I blame my friend for making me power through a legion of made for TV sci fi movies).
>Dog SOldiers was god tier though.

>Phase 1
Iron Man: 9/10
Incredible Hulk: 8/10
Iron Man 2: 5/10
Thor: 6/10
Captain America: First Avenger: 9/10
The Avengers: 6/10

>PHase 2
Iron Man 3: 6/10
Thor - The Dark World: 5/10
Captain America - Winter Soldier: 9/10
Guardians of the Galaxy: 8/10
Avengers - Age of Ultron: 7/10 (I know this is a controversial pick but Whedon's directing improved substantially in this movie).
Ant-Man: 8/10

>Phase 3
Captain America - Civil War: 8/10
Doctor Strange: 7/10
Guardians of the Galaxy 2: 9/10 (it had so much heart I was astounded).
Spider-Man - Homecoming: 6/10

>Phase 1
Iron Man: 8/10
Iron Man 2 : 7/10
Thor :6/10
Captain America: First Avenger: 8/10
The Avenger: 8/10

>Phase 2
Iron Man 3: 7/10
Winter Solider: 9/10
GotG: 9/10
Ant-Man: 8.5/10

>Phase 3
Civil War: 9/10
Doctor Strange: 7.5/10
Homecoming: 9/10

>Unseen:
Incredible Hulk
Dark Wold
Age of Ultron
GotG2

Just recently got a marvel omnibus for Ultimates Vol. 1 & 2. This series (along with Authority) are the epitome of "widescreen comics" I adore everything brought to the table. I don't really incoporate the style into my comics but the pacing and panel layout of those series cannot be overstated. Millar tries his best to limit himself to 4-6 pages and while it isn't consistent everywhere, he sets up a large chunk of issues in this way.

if you're not going to rate less than 5, then just rate out of 5, I say

Miles kills another guy.

Holy shit, he is merciless murderer.

Miles should seriously tell Cap to crawl up his own ass because he doesn't need "training". The last hero that was trained under Cap's watch he died a horrible death because Cap couldn't give a shit about their safety (I'm never going to forget that he let Spider-Man die). As much as I detest Spider-Man: Homecoming, I loved that Peter declined to join the Avengers because he's fine doing his own thing. Miles' should have the same mentality.

Out of all the one's you've posted, I'd recommend seeing Incredible Hulk, GotG 2, Age of Ultron, and Dark World in that order. Also i'd love to know why you rated Homecoming so high. I'm not bashing it, I just want to know what grabbed your interest so I might be able to focus on the aspects you pointed out.
>I already know Vulture was god tier. I just watched Winter Soldier today and Vulture could have straight up murdered Falcon. Vulture may not have the manuverability Falcon does but his top speed is higher, his ability to rise to extreme altittudes is better, and the suit seems ready for battle as he was able to completely wreck Spidey.

Bendis doesn't five a flying fuck about murder because he doesn't stick around and give it meaning. He uses human lives simply for spectacle.

I see what you mean, but I wouldn't consider any of the movies truly average, except for Thor Dark World which I'm willing to rate 4/10 as well as Iron man 2/3 (I think I was too easy on them)..

Huh. In the video game, Rhino was some nerdy short guy covered head-to-toe in armor. I guess that's not the case here, if that's his real face and not just a face-shaped helmet.

I miss the scrawny guy in head to toe armor. I defied expectations as well as being "realistic" in the context of the Ultimate Universe.
>Ultimate Spider-Man was god tier and by far my favorite Spidey game. Followed by Spider-Man PSX and then Spider-Man 2. I'm thinking about getting a PS4 later on and possibly grabbing SM4. I was a little upset that ASM1 and ASM2 were pulled from Steam but I heard they weren't really good games and USM and SM2 were better products.

Rewatching GotG 2 and it's spectacular. Nowhere near as epic as the prior movie but the characters and their relationships are everything I wanted. Only spoiler if you've seen the movie.
I bawled like a baby when Yondu died.

I'm not too sure if I wanna see GotG 2 anymore at this point.
The commercials and clips for the movie I've seen just didn't draw me in like with the first movie.

That aside, I ranked Homecoming high, because, aside from the vulture. I really liked Peter, Spider-Man, Liz, and Ned.
I feel like they gave great example of what Peter is capable of both with and without the suit. Plus the scene where he's under all the rubble really got to me a bit. Was actually holding in tears and ended up feeling sorry for both Peter and Tom.
Only thing I didn't like, was "MJ". She added nothing and could have been taken out entirely. I felt like she was just put in the movie with that name because they were 50/50 sure no one would know or care who Liz Allen is or who her actor is? She wasn't enough to make me hate the movie entirely though.
Part of me also appreciated the engagement ring joke at the end of the movie

I'm being super serious when I say this, go see GotG 2. It is a movie entirely unique from the prior movie. The best description I can come up with is that GotG1 is Kotor 1 and GotG2 was Kotor 2. It was so much more personal than I imagined and brought so much emotion to the movie where I expected none.

For Homecoming, I really liked Peter but hated that they combined Gankhe/Ned into the same character. Honestly, the movie did a piss poor job of portraying classic Spidey characters and would have been so much better off just giving their OC proper names instead of raping prior Spider-Man lore. Also the scene your mentioning was a definite highlight of the movie but I seriously hated Pete's supporting cast because they're an abomination to Spider-Man lore.

I won't say this often but Miles should have pissed off in this instance. Leave the heroing to the big boys that actually have a handle on the situation.. Don't just show up and say ":I'm here to join your team where I have no idea what they're doing or even their motivation for doing so."

Miles is a shit character.

YOU BATARD!!!! STOP MAKING SENSE!!!!!

Finally! A story that progresses Miles' character arc!

OP, do you like miles morales?

I did originally when Bendis actually seemed like he was giving a crap about the character. Since Secret Wars, his series has been one train wreck after another with zero development given to him or any of his supporting cast. Also the fact that Bendis mulliganed probably the largest influence to Miles as a character (his mom dying) is the final straw. He isn't a character Bendis wants to develop. He's a character he wants to shove down our throats and hope we think he's cool for diversity's sake.

I prefer it to the original, as the film sentimentality felt less manufactured, and more genuine like a James Gunn film.

OOps. Meant to spoiler part of that. But since it was undone who cares. It's seriously like it never happened. Like Aunt May dying. She died years back but they decided to bring her back for some retarded reasona dn then used her as a catalyst for BND. I'm too old to put up with asspulls to this degree. I know my own comic isn't good but it sure as hell ain't this. This series is legimately terrible and a smack in the face to all those on Sup Forums that have their own dream of being a published creator.

>I prefer it to the original
My man. I loved the original but something about 2 really clicked with me. The soundtrack was perfectly placed and many of the ending moments were fun as hell. And Kurt Russell as the big bad was a stroke of genius and his motivation was unlike anything seen before. There were layers to the character and not just literally.

As much as I love President Cap, I hate that they made him a tie in arc for Miles when Bendis should have been more concerned with telling a good Miles' story than a crossover

Has anyone seen the New Spiderman cartoon shorts? Im not... Impressed with it. And I hate Peter's VA. But it might be ok.

>Is he voiced by Dean Venture or is it just me?

I think he's voiced by Prompto

I have seen absolutely nothing tied to the new series. Ever since Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble I've ignored everything TV related. Is there honestly any reason to give these shows a second look?
>Also, which sounds better?
>Gin and Tonic or White Russian