Toonami Ratings for 8/5/17

Outlaw Star will replace GitS at 2:30am on August 17th.

Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans S2 will replace Tokyo Ghoul in October.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Set for 2018.

Last week, the schedule moved up and Jojo started, which actually made the ratings worse. This week, Jojo managed to find a few extra viewers, but still is doing terrible for midnight. Tokyo Ghoul seems to be benefiting from an early slot however, and has done significantly better than it has in months. Everything else did as bad as last week. GitS actually lost to AoT which is a little embarrassing.

11:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) 918 0.42 541
11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 851 0.39 504
12:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 702 0.34 435
12:30a Tokyo Ghoul 664 0.32 407

1:00a Hunter X Hunter 574 0.29 375
1:30a Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 569 0.24 308
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 453 0.21 271
2:30a Ghost in the Shell (r) 386 0.18 229
3:00a Attack on Titan (r) 403 0.19 240
3:30a Samurai Jack (r) 363 0.17 216

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/6qtfn6/post_manga_masterpost_part_2/
reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/6qtfsk/post_manga_masterpost_3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rick and Morty reruns still doing nothing special

8:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) 0.41 667 0.24 304
8:30 Dragon Ball Super 0.49 742 0.31 393
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.48 706 0.28 359
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.53 752 0.32 415

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.61 886 0.38 486
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.78 1159 0.51 654

They take a hit from Toonami though apparently

4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 385 0.19 244
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 494 0.25 324

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 492 0.26 337
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 459 0.23 291

Best

Jojo's Bizarre Memeventure will kill this block before Gundam can show up to replace Tokyo Meme

>Jojo did bad last week because the schedule changed!
What's your excuse this week?

Damn, TG did better than HxH in both viewers and demo this time. Oh well, as long as it continues to improve it should be all good.

Super is a rerun? When does the new stuff air?

8:30

>Outlaw Star will replace GitS at 2:30am
I'm not staying up to rewatch a mediocre show from forever ago

>Lupin lost 67k from HxH in the target demo, but only 5k overall

Part 4 WILL save toonami!

Neither is anyone else lmao

Yet another week where the block has been BTFO by 4 AM Home Movies reruns in 18 - 49 viewership

Will Outlaw Star save us?
probably not

Not at 2:30am in the morning, user. No idea why, but the engagement isn't there anymore. This might be the start of a trend and will probably get worse from here.

At least it's still better than One Piece.

Oh well

>Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Set for 2018.

FOR WHAT PURPOSE

I was there when it got cancelled the first time, I was there when it came back, and I'll be damned if I don't stick with it until the bitter end.

Production IG wanted to make new FLCL and Adult Swim was willing to help fund it.

Where you belong:

Should have funded a continuation of Bleach adapting Thousand Year Blood War

the absolute madman

And deal with the 200+ unanswered questions that the show left behind? No thanks. On the other hand, maybe there will be some shuffling around with the shows, but TG is gone in about six weeks or so.

Does the Samurai Jack rerun count as the block? I thought the Later bump played after AoT2.

I like how people just casually toss out how they should have thrown money to continue Deadman or Bleach.

In Deadman's case, it was one of the first new pick ups and aired when they had like no money. How are you supposed to make more of a show when you can barely afford to put stuff on in the first place?

In Bleach's case, that would have been incredibly expensive and probably wouldn't have yielded a whole lot of fruit when interest in the anime generally declined after Aizen and Pierrot moved onto new projects. Probably would have done neato over here, but for the enormous cost stemming from the sheer amount of episodes i dunno.

Will they leave nothing unsullied?

Actually you're wrong. Home Movies may have gotten a 0.40 demo, but the 11:00 PM Dragon Ball got a 0.42 which is higher so, take that.

TYBW went on for 4.5 YEARS (which is 30% of the entire series when taking into account it was published for almost 15 years exactly ending two days after its 15th anniversary) and left dozens of plotholes, teases, unresolved questions, and dropped plot points

Watching it animated would only upset me more

>Toonami is airing Pickle Ball Super
>Toonami is airing Pickle Ball Z Kai
>Toonami is airing PicklePickle's Bizarre Adventure Pickledust Crusaders
>Toonami is airing Tokyo Pickle
>Toonami is airing Pickle x Pickle
>Toonami is airing Pickle the Third
>Toonami is airing Naruto Pickleden
>Toonami is airing Pickle in the Jar
>Toonami is airing Attack on Pickle

How long ago did they axe One Piece?
How fucking terrible were its ratings to axe it?

How long until we pull a 0.1 demo rating? This is fucking pathetic. Literally Chiller-tier terrible ratings. Just two years ago 0.5 was considered low. Now I know cord cutting is a thing, but pretty much any other given night, the ratings in each individual timeslot are anywhere from 100k to 1 million viewers higher.

>unanswered questions
such as?

How the fuck

>Outlaw Star will replace GitS at 2:30am on August 17th.

Don't you mean the 19th?

>Soul King is hyped up, then never even explained. Mainly why his organs and appendages are severed, sentient Quincy, and fighting to kill him
>Ginjou receives no backstory whatsoever aside from being the first Substitute Shinigami, aside from Soi-Fon mentioning he apparently killed several low-rank Shinigami and somehow stole their powers
>Orihime resolves to erase the Hogyoku from existence, but this is never brought up or mentioned again afterwards
>Isshin teases his Bankai, but we never see it
>Shuhei is revealed to have obtained his, but this is also never seen
>The fates of Urahara, Yoruichi, the Vizard who are not readmitted as Captains/Lieutenants, Grimmjow, and others are never revealed
>Yachiru is never really explained aside from the twist towards the end
>During Lost Agent, Karin goes to see Urahara to ask him something and its implied she might have Shinigami powers but what she asks is never revealed and she makes no more appearances until the epilogue

Among other things

Yea then we get Gundam, so say farewell to good ratings

How the fuck was this allowed?

Just to piss you off.

Using this for Saturday. Thanms fampai

So what episodes are watchable this week?
>inb4 none

The point they are trying to make is that instead of wasting money on making new episodes for a complete series that no one wants, they could have spent that completing an incomplete series. No one is suggesting that new season of DW happen in 2012

Dumb ass motherfucker had his anime cancelled and was basically told to wrap his shit up.
He decided "NAAAH, FUCK YOU GUYS, I'M GONNA RIDE THIS AS LOOOOONG AS I CAN."
Four and a half years later, editorial told him "You get three weeks, pack your shit."

I can't blame him entirely, Shonen Jump editorial is fucking awful in a plethora of ways, but Kubo ended up doing it mostly out of spite and negligence.

Toonami needs to air High School DxD uncensored.

Oh great, now we are gonna have to see this trash every week

>out of spite
This somehow makes me feel better about the whole thing.

>Toonami will never air Ricks School Pickle x Pickle

More like he wanted to end the series after Rukia's execution but they wouldn't let him, so he just did what the fuck ever for a decade

Anime would have ended anyway. Even if they had wanted to continue it they would have needed to go on an extended hiatus, or aired over a year's worth of filler (Kubo took over a month off between the end of Lost Agent and the start of TYBW. By the time the anime finished Lost Agent, the manga was only 2-3 chapters into TYBW)

>Four and a half years later, editorial told him "You get three weeks, pack your shit."
To be fair, they probably told him well before that "You can run until Bleach's 15th (Ichi-Go) anniversary, but not a week longer". But Kubo is notoriously shit at planning out his stories, so he spent way too long on shit that didn't matter and not nearly enough time on the shit that should have been focused on.

>Toonami will never air Elfen Lied
>Toonami will never air Gantz
>Toonami will never air Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
>Toonami will never air Space Battleship Yamato 2199

>Toonami will never air Gantz

Why do you have to do that to me user? I love that series.

>naked girls are icky

t. Jason DeMarco

Kinda both?
Jump doesn't let you end, but they also want you to always be ready to end whenever. So he just stopped caring and just drew whatever he thought looked cool.

They could have had a Great Tea Race.

Jump seems like hell from what little can be gleaned about how it works.

They genuinely can't though, because of sexual content.

Just like they won't be able to air the uncensored Hot Springs episode of Outlaw Star.

No sexy cat tats.

If I recall, on Twitter Jason said they'd try to air it edited obviously but couldn't promise anything. Not sure if the situation has changed or not

Fucking S&P. Always have to spoil entertainment.

>Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Voyager Entertainment is probably the worse North American anime distribution company I've seen since the days of Illumitoon. They have literally one title to release and they can't even do that right.

Filler mid Bleach arc is a staple of the anime

All of that is crap so I don't see the issue

> Toonami will never air Zegapain

>Bleach gets "cancelled"
>the news of it ending jumpstarts its popularity
>year or two go by and they bring it back/do some kind of spinoff
Pretty obvious keikaku

WHAT DID YOU SAY NIGGAH?!

Fujiko Mine is just too sexy. But also the whole Owl subplot is dumb.

I will rape your pet gold fish and piss on your granny if you don't take it back

You heard me. Everything on that list is trash. A dog wouldn't even take a crap on those shows

Perhaps there's a reason why Toonami was scrapped.

It shouldn't have returned.

And yet here you are shitting on them.

So you were just born with no taste, eh user?

I don't think that poster is a dog, user.

This. Dogs can't post on the internet because they can't type and are stupid toilet water drinkers. Cats could probably post on the internet though, not that I would know

He's a son of a bitch, at least.

I put you off the porch, Tyson. Go to sleep.

>ramen discussion that happened after dragonball
whoever the FUCK posted that picture of a slice of cheese in a cup a soup..

thank you, a velveeta slice in a chicken cupasoup was delicious as fuck

I have both of these things. I must try it.

Please tell me you're not retarded enough to actually think that's a jason thing rather than an obvious network policy

If they just aired after Lost Agent then it wouldn't be mid-arc it would be between arcs (like Bount and Invading Army)

He will SAVE US!

>they care about ratings

It literally is a Jason thing though. Instead of just saying S&P wouldn't let it fly, he had to add in his two cents about being gay too

Considering ratings are the main force keeping the block on the air it makes sense

Why? There's no steady decline to speak of. There have been ups and downs but on average it's a set amount.

Honestly all this shit is stream able. Who wants to watch it at these times. You can search hits stream of your phone and chromecast the entire thing.

>Why? There's no steady decline to speak of. There have been ups and downs but on average it's a set amount.

>August 1, 2015
12:00 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai 1,608,000
12:30 AM Kill la Kill 1,284,000
1:00 AM Michiko & Hatchin 1,104,000
1:30 AM Sword Art Online II 1,020,000
2:00 AM Naruto Shippuden 1,025,000
2:30 AM One Piece 878,000
3:00 AM Attack on Titan 793,000

>July 30, 2017
11:00p Dragon Ball Super 801,000
11:30p Dragon Ball Z Kai 721,000
12:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure 638,000
12:30a Tokyo Ghoul 598,000
1:00a Hunter X Hunter 584,000
1:30a Lupin The 3rd: Part 4 475,000
2:00a Naruto Shippuden 461,000
2:30a Ghost In The Shell: SAC 416,000
3:00a Attack On Titan 369,000

I hope the creator wanted it or they are going to rape the legacy.

>Naruto Shippuden 1,025,000

What was that about Nardo being shit lads?

And here's that same weekend from 2016, for context too:

11:30 PM Dragon Ball Z Kai 1,666,000
12:00 AM One Punch Man 1,366,000
12:30 AM Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 1,058,000
1:00 AM Hunter x Hunter 914,000
1:30 AM Naruto Shippuden 795,000
2:00 AM One Piece 658,000
2:30 AM Parasyte -the maxim- 590,000

But i see the problem: Super's 8:30 slot is killing the block.

Solution: eliminate the two slots and air the new episode at 11pm. Also drop AoT.

Justin Beiber was a chart-topper for years
success does not measure quality

Also Hunter x Hunter is choking Naruto's ratings

> air shitty shows
> get shitty ratings

>That drop when Kek la Kek aired

and people call THAT the savior?

They can't. It's literally in their contract that they air it at that slot to attract kids in order to market toys to them.

Are you implying Big Bang Theory isn't the greatest comedy of our generation?

Does that apply to TTG?

Ryukofag and NOT Death Gun BTFO

Fucking Toei. First shutting down TeamFourStar, now this crap?

Some of this shit was covered in the Bleach Novel. If it does well enough, and other content they put out does well enough there putting out (Live action movie and the mobile games) there's a chance there could be an anime done on his kid, ala boruto.

reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/6qtfn6/post_manga_masterpost_part_2/
reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/6qtfsk/post_manga_masterpost_3/

Kubo has some interesting ideas from what the novel seems to indicate, but he didn't express them clearly. If he did his manga would have easily have been top tier throughout.