Which is the better character?

which is the better character?

Magneto, he actually has a character.

Doom, he actually has a character

They should fuse into Doomneto

The Sentinel, it actually has a character

Shut up Juston

Magneto is a shit villain who does not deserve half the sympathy he receives

Would Magneto kill Doom in one second or would Doom kill Magneto in one second?

Magneto is a villain with some actual depth to him and a valid reason for all of his hatred and cruel acts. While he's seen as a villain by most, he does show a genuine affection for his fellow mutants, to the point that many of them consider him a genuine hero and protector.

Now, on the flip side you have Doom who can sometimes be written as deep and even a hero to his Latverian populace, but more often than not he's a walking caricature of himself.
Doom is among the last vestiges of old school "I AM EVIL AND SILLY AND YOU SHOULD FEAR ME BECAUSE I AM RIDICULOUS AND EVERYTHING I DO IS RIDICULOUS WHICH IS WHY I AM SO FUN" comic book villains, which has its own unique charm.

Doom probably has anti-magnetism countermeasures built into his armor

It has a piece of the True Cross in it after all

>Doom is among the last vestiges of old school "I AM EVIL AND SILLY AND YOU SHOULD FEAR ME BECAUSE I AM RIDICULOUS AND EVERYTHING I DO IS RIDICULOUS WHICH IS WHY I AM SO FUN" comic book villains, which has its own unique charm.
Is he really, though? Even Magneto himself used to be a pretty one-dimensional megalomaniac in his earlier appearances, not at all unlike your description. The only difference is that he was fleshed out to be much more than that down the line, while Doom's eventual "depth" merely turned him into an intolerable Mary Sue who's "too smart" to ever be an outright villain, despite his so called "personality flaws" that are scarcely emphasized in any meaningful capacity.

For all Magneto's faults, at least he's afforded the opprotunity to explicitly be in the wrong, even if they're arguably for the "right" reasons, or even if he's reformed or whatever. Doom, just about anything stupidly villainous he's ever done has been swept under the rug because it doesn't fit the Doomfag's narrative of him being the world's only rightful ruler. Almost all his original appeal as the quintessential megalomaniac tyrant/mad scientist/evil wizard has been thrown away already.

Doooooommmm

Kek literally within the same minute

Mags. Hes basically a would have been hero if he didnt have to endure the Holocaust.

Magneto.

Doom has become a meme and a caricature

>Jewish character
>doesn't just suck precious metals out of the ground and live comfortably while doing speaking tours about how he was going to be sealed into the gas dimension for eternity by Hitler wizards but escaped by moonwalking out of the line up, over the swimming pool, and right out the front gate past the guards

Doom is a much better character than Magneto. He has more character versatility and works on so many different levels of storytelling. He can be a cheesy Silver Age villain, a conqueror, an antihero, or a tragic figure.

Magneto doesn't have any arc as compelling as Triumph & Torment, Emperor Doom, or the original Secret Wars.

He's a great character but I feel like his story has been mostly played out. Although I will admit that Magneto's rivalry with Professor X is much more compelling than Doom's with Reed Richards.

Meant to say "Magneto is a great character"

I played Clockw0rk in Marvel 2 and don't hate Morrigan Doom, but Mags is just pure swag
How can you not have fun just doing flight combos?

MODOK, he actually has a character.

Magneto's blown his wad. He had the friendship/rivalry thing with Xavier; then the whole Holocaust survivor thing. Since those got done it's just been endless repetition on the same.

Doom has provided an excellent foil for nearly all of Marvel's heroes and groups at this point, besides having a fair few moments of awesome all on his own. He's a bit of a meme/amorphous blob of a character these days - becoming whatever the hero is required to go up against - but he's never boring unlike ol' geriatric Mags.

>It has a piece of the True Cross in it after all
So it has an Anti-Hebrew countermeasure too.

They are both pretty cool.

Magneto I think has the worse reputation. Magneto was treated like shit after House of M though. He was supposed to be one of the greatest villains of Marvel yet he's like a non-player at this point.

Lex is better than both of them combined

Magneto depended on Xavier being his old friend/rival. Ever since they removed Xavier, Magneto has been the villain equivalent of "too old for this shit."

More like demented

Doom.

Magneto's been shit ever since he kneel before Cyclops.

>Doom has provided an excellent foil for nearly all of Marvel's heroes and groups at this point, besides having a fair few moments of awesome all on his own. He's a bit of a meme/amorphous blob of a character these days - becoming whatever the hero is required to go up against - but he's never boring unlike ol' geriatric Mags.
I think it's funny that in the case of Doom, they pretty much took every villain trope, threw it together, and somehow it all stuck.

>Genius scientist
>Master sorcerer
>Oppressive dictator
>Benevolent monarch
>Muh tragic past and heart of gold
>MUH HEARTLESS EGO

Magneto. Doom is just a creator's pet.