Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fpivIYJFjd4
youtube.com/watch?v=n6InUVg2Xds
youtube.com/watch?v=HU9PfniWYJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=KtoTswUj-6k
youtube.com/watch?v=VbZOAujsdzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought it was ok

I thought the comic strip was still going?

The show was as bland as plain grits.

It is.

The cartoon it's based on it only lasted like one season.

I remember watching it sometimes at like 3 o'clock in the morning on Adult Swim. The show sucked balls but then again so does the comic strip.

>so does the comic strip.

I will give the comic strip a bit of credit. It's better than most of the other crap that's in newspapers.

>It's better than most of the other crap that's in newspapers.
Oh definitely. It's garbage but it's not Family Circus tier.

Show was too bland and safe to stand out. Too many animated family sitcoms when it came out that just overshadowed it. Had a great opening though.

It is kinda funny that the tagline of the opening theme is "It's all been done before."

>8 when the show came out
>me and my mom loved reading the comic
>get excited for the show and watch together
>sex references up the fucking ass
The show was nothing like the comic

I liked it but almost entirely because of the themesong

Fuck off faggot.
Baby blues was just Kathy with kid(s) and a husband. And slightly, just slightly, better art.
It sucked as soon as it came out. I remember and am honestly shocked it's still going. I shouldn't be, because putting actual aborted fetuses in each copy of the paper would be a marked improvement over 96% of the "funny pages" today. Never less, that strip sucks and always has... Always will.

It was alright. Good filler show. Used to watch it a bit on TBS and Adult Swim.

On that note, remember when TBS and Adult Swim shared programming (excluding the McFarlane stuff they share now)?

>Did it deserve to be cancelled?
I'm not a huge fan but of course not, it's just that networks always yank shows before they have a chance to find their footing. One season that's it, and if it doesn't get the ratings they like they just chuck in the trash. Giving people the opportunity to produce something only to shoot it out the sky is counterproductive to the goal in the first place. Make a statement and push your product. Try.

Could you imagine a world where Simpsons only ran 1 season? Hard to imagine right? They were tough on Mission Hill, Baby Blues, Oblongs, and Clerks. Nobody got to appreciate these shows until Adult Swim gave them a home. On their original networks it was just endless shoving around and no attention whatsoever.

Was there any late 90s/early 00s network tv animated flop AS didn't air? Dilbert is the only one I can think of.

I enjoyed it favorite episode was when their neighbor got caught in an active rocket silo and when Darryl found out he would be the god father of their children he summoned super human strength to get them out.

Holy shit, I loved Dilbert. I was surprised it got 2 seasons being on UPN and all. Show has a sick ass opening too.
youtube.com/watch?v=fpivIYJFjd4

Adult Swim has yet to air Duckman and Critic and I'd like to see them try someday, but they probably won't since they're busy trying to project a certain image of themselves. God I hate Mr.Pickles.

Yeah. Dr. Katz too.

The old Adult Swim is long dead.

I liked it. Thought it was a cute, comfy show.

Plus, Wanda's my waifu.

youtube.com/watch?v=n6InUVg2Xds

Always loved the intro, I ended up getting the Barenaked Ladies cd it the song was from as a gift a couples years later

>honestly shocked it's still going.
Why? The "funny" pages are probably the most conservative media out their. Blondie is still going after 80+ years. They keep recycling Peanuts even though the creator is dead in the grown almost 20 years. And of course there is always the fat orange fuck himself. You can't even get away with a few simple dick jokes without loads of complaints.

Newspaper comics golden age was the 80s.

>Clone High and Undergrads were cancelled after one season

It was okay, nothing special, but okay. Stayed mostly true to the comic in nature, which was good. Intro was nice and fitting too, which I did not expect.

I will sit down and re-watch it sometime. All that being said, I think another season would have been cool, but looking back at it now, that just seems kinda unnecessary. Comic is still going though and is still a decent read from time to time.

Can't believe I forgot those.. haha remember Free For All?
youtube.com/watch?v=HU9PfniWYJ0

we gotta keep listing em

youtube.com/watch?v=KtoTswUj-6k

Here's Undergrad's baller intro

fucking undergrads
that ending made me feel so empty

I never watched this show but remember it exists reminded me of how funny 3 South was.

youtube.com/watch?v=VbZOAujsdzA

Ellipses are three dots.

here's your reply