Leap

Is this worth watching? Dub or in French?

Yes. It''s very good. And watch the English Canadian one with DeHaan called "Ballerina" that's already online. It's not a dub. Was made to be in English.

While it's a French production, it's animated to English. The English dub is fine, with the glaring exception of Camille's mom who will be redubbed in the US release.

Definitely worth a watch and more. Some plot elements became more plausible on subsequent viewings.

Pretty good animation, the story is cute and uplifting. Definetly worth watching.

The lolis are neat.

Would drawing Felicie as Tracer and Camille as Widowmaker fit them?

Mega?

I actually quite liked it.

It's pretty good, cute, uplifting and heartwarming, it's also well-animated.
It's unironically one of the best foreign animated films I've seen in recent years that isn't Japanese (The Red Turtle probably doesn't count since that is a French/Japanese co-production and because Studio Ghibli made it).

Definitely watch the UK/Canada English dub, I am fluent in French myself and when I compared the French version to the UK/Canada English dub, I liked the English dub better.
But I would still recommend watching the French version (with subtitles if you don't speak French) and then comparing it to the English dubs (yes, it's not a typo, I said dubs).
The US English dub changes some voices from the UK/Canada dub but it's more or less the same.

It's called Leap! in the US but Ballerina everywhere else.

Also, it's out on Blu-ray and DVD in UK, Canada and Australia with the English dub.

I don't think I have seen a Blu-ray or DVD with the French version with English subtitles but there may be torrents out there which are in French with English subtitles.
The French Blu-ray has no English subtitles so only get it if you are fluent in French, and even then, the English dub is better.

tl;dr: It's a pretty good film, watch it. Watch the UK/Canada English dub but also watch the French version and the US English dub at least once and compare.

This.

Does anyone have the other webms one user made when the movie came out in good quality torrents? I'm especially intereted in the one where the ballet techer tells the heroine it is always her day (to fuck)

The redhaired boy is cutest.

It's a kid movie. That's not a bad thing and it's a good one, but don't expect anything but a kid movie. Very cute, without a doubt.
Craziest mother too.

>It's unironically one of the best foreign animated films I've seen in recent years that isn't Japanese
I would say Long Way North. Actually I may be a little harsh to Ballerina because I saw it around the same time as Long Way North.

It would be funny, but Felicie doesn't really have the smug self-assurance of Tracer.

>the smug self-assurance of Tracer.
Tracer's been getting shoved around lately.

Fun fact: The movie's original title is Ballerina but it was changed on USA to Leap because girls are icky.

its Disney marketing strategy, user. Why di you think they didn't titled their movies "Rapunzel" and "Snow Queen" and we got "Tangled/Frozen" instead?

I know but I found it really stupid and even sexist, what's ironic considering USA's obsession with PC bullshit.

>sexist

Nah, man. Not really. They just blamed failure of "Princess and the Frog" on its title and created these short ambiguous names.

It is cute but it has its flaws.

Disney execs openly states they changed the title Rapunzel to Tangled because they didn't want to alienate the boys. You might be too young to remember but all the publicity focus on Finn as much as Rapunzel, if not even more. Even the poster got the Dreamwork look. One of the main reasons why Disney dropped The Snow Queen for Frozen was that Gerda spent most of the story having adventures by herself while Kai is locked on the Snow Queen's castle and Disney advertisers believe boys need a male lead to be there all the time or else they won't watch the movie but if Kai has adventures with Gerda, the entire plot collapse, therefore they dropped the project for Frozen.

Inb4 TFA, Disney is working on the premise that guys will watch the movie no matter what so they focus on girls for taking out SW's reputation of a nerdy property and taking advantage of the social media. Besides, The Hunger Games already made a lot of cash and without Disney's media empire.

No, Frozen took forever to happen because every time Disney tried doing the Snow Queen since the 90s has been derailed by wanting to make the Snow Queen a more prominent character and waifu bait.

To such a degree that the last attempt before Frozen was going to have older Kai/Snow Queen as an endgame romance and Gerda be turned into some golddigging villainous bitch.

And they succeeded, when realized her "villain" song was too good to be a "villain" song.
...and now we got Disney incest everywhere.

Awesome! Thanks!