Jean Greys storytime

Jean Greys storytime

pls no

JEANNNNNNN

In this book marvel does away with the X factor retcon.

scott gets cucked yet again

Caitlyn snow brapppp

can she stay in the swimsuit the whole issue?

My dick.

Still why are women slags?

Image of Rachel in the neon pink si

Omega level tk.

whats up with this super casual use of the watcher and galactus

I'm a perv too. Pervs need rights.

I can honestly say that I hate all the "Generations" issues up to now. They don't bring anything other than a rehash and simply cheapen the characters more.

This was meaningless

Anti fun hipsters

Writers who don't know how to use them. A lot of them don't know how to set up stakes because to me Galactus should only be you know saved for big stores not job to a time traveling Jean Grey.

This was pretty harmless.

at least the art's alright

>Flames
Fuck that club

>Forgettable filler timetravel story
> Fun

>A modern marvel writer that actually read the Dark Phoenix Saga
Caught me off-guard.

Can I read this as a standalone, or is it part of some series?

All of the generations issues are meaningless.

So this story takes place when Scott and others were in savage land? Jean was not able to use phoenix power so effectively back then

It's part of a maxi-series of one-shots.

I'd honestly say that you can get the same concept of these stories, but better crafted by reading the most recent run of "Nova", in which Sam teams up with a newly resurrected Richard Rider.

Rich shut up. Also not time.

it established that Jean can make her own PK Spirit Bomb from siphoning the pheonix's power , rather than channeling it directly. that'll be how she beats it, clubbing it across the head with with its own fists, so to speak

>not time
So what it is then?

Mastermind could have been a really great villain. I think he was killed because a creepy illusionist who was almost a rapist was problematic for a comic book character even decades ago.

Honestly I think these are all just illusions being used by Nick Sr. to nudge certain heroes in the right direction for where he (read: editorial) needs them to be when Legacy starts

They've been ignoring it for a decade.

Good

>Galactus should only be you know saved for big stores not job to a time traveling Jean Grey.
It kinda makes sense in context. Teen!Jean is a psionic sponge and she was literally next to the greatest source of psionic energy in the universe. The Phoenix can fight Galactus to a standstill, and fighting 2 Phoenixes doesn't exactly improve Galactus's odds.

There is a what if of Rachel Phoenix beating Galactus herself alone iirc

Is he alive again or what?

REEEEEE THIS SHOULD'VE LITERALLY BEEN RACHEL STOP ERASING HER

Galactus was in the same issue that Jean was tanning on the beach and getting hit on by a guy

Galactus was also in an issue where Hercules tried to get him wasted.
Do you not know who Mastermind is?

Galactus is a fucking homo

What x factor retcon?

This one punch nazi shit has played the fuck out Marvel.

>Jean Grey Vs The Phoenix
>Jean Grey wonders why the Phoenix can't stop hitting itself

>T-that wasn't Jean that did all those horrible things. Jean was asleep at the bottom of the ocean in a magic coccoon while The Phoenix PRETENDED to be Jean :^)
It was a dumb as fuck retcon that only existed to bring Jean back to life and absolve her of blowing up a planet full of innocents.

The Jean shown in this era was retconned to be a faux copy.

This issue was written by Bunn.

If teen Jean is a sponge for psionic energy and she took energy from the Phoenix, doesn't that mean Galactus was fighting two half phoenixes? Conservation of energy means that whatever teen Jean absorbed phoenixjean had taken from her.

Aww man, I missed you Uatu.

Does the concept of a time-travel story escape you?

Undoes this

oh when you get home, Tell Hank McCoy, He's a Dick.

Wouldn't the Phoenix be more like an infinite reservoir of psionic power? I mean, Jean using the Phoenix is still only tapping a tiny portion of it from the white hot room. It's like with Starbrand. Starbrand can give other people a portion of his powers, but his powers are infinite energy so infinity/2 just leaves you with two people having infinite energy.

It's a worse version of Immonen, even the inking.

So if this takes place during the original phoenix saga when Beast and Phoenix believe the rest of the X-Men are dead, then this isn't even Jean at all, it's the exact duplicate the Phoenix created so they could asspull Jean back to life for X Factor

oh that retcon, yes only good things can come if we get rid of it.

What it does is makes them one character and Jean only went crazy.

Oh is it? I wasn't paying attention, clearly. My bad.

*phoenices

if its an exact duplicate then it is jean

Did Candlejack get you? Because you stopped writing in mid sent

"Galactus! Eating this planet is wrong! I'll be back to consume D'Bari's entire solar system later, tho."

No, it's a duplicate. It doesn't have the real Jean's conscious mind and she doesn't see, feel or remember any of the things the duplicate does. They're two entirely separate, identical beings.

Replace mummy with planet

>In this book marvel does away with the X factor retcon.
Bunn should be X-Men editor.

That's it? This is what they're all going to be? Touch on some old moment of consequence without actually showing us that moment?

What the fuck? Why would anyone want this?

... how else would Jean Grey from the future meet Jean Grey from the past?

It's refreshing to see a book that actually tries to make sense in continuity. A lot of other writers would've just thrown Phoenix Jean Grey in here without worrying about the continuity and in doing so they probably would've made a mess. But Bunn actually fit this into an exact place in time of the old comics.
It's a nice change of pace.

Isn't Jean from the past already in modern continuity?

This didn't actively retcon that retcon. It just ignored it again, just as Marvel always did.

I don't think you'd get much out of this if you haven't read the actual Phoenix saga and aren't currently reading X-Men Blue.