youtube.com/watch?v=7pSmhZFbCy0
youtu.be/F9NLGdTYUzw?list=LL5cvPq-rucLi-KTqbdraSeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Today is Wednesday.

>doesn't have a nail through it

My back hurts.

youtube.com/watch?v=B_v-49SBFww
One job, OP.

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

Ok, I laughed.

Seriously. Would've made it a 11/10.

I lost my shit when I first saw him floating in the video. is pickle-o a recurrent joke in the us?

Thanks Doc.

Yeah okay I smirked.

Whatever he makes next, he better not disappoint.

Morty Gonna makes too much sense

Piccolo's name is literally and intentionally a pun on pickle. You're not only not funny, you've removed the humour from another, pre-existing joke. You are negative funny. You have reduced the net amount of humour in the universe.

actually he's named after the instrument. His brothers are named Drum, Cymbal, Tambourine, etc.

What a faggot his name is not an intentional pun for pickle it's supposed to be for a fucking instrument you know the piccolo as in pic fucking related. You'd know that if you watched Dragonball instead of being a z faggot or a supershitter.

>Piccolo's name is literally and intentionally a pun on pickle
No it isn't. His name comes from the the instrument you damn baka

Who made a new what now?

Ok, you fucking got me you cheeky cunt. I bet you got a real giggle out of that, huh mate?

take it to Sup Forums your grooves arnt welcomed here

okay you got me

Now that's why the very top of his head was purple.

Purple hat hero.....

kek

Don't make me post the Takeru striptease.

>sooo do pickles have a naturally higher power level or is this some kind of training thing or some thing?
>damn it Gohan just be impressed!

This isn't even co-related

Japs romanize Piccolo as Pickle because reasons. Theres a digimon that has this problem too

>that shirt

REEEEEE BARNEYFAGS REEEEE

or something like that

I read that with Rick's voice. Totally sounds like a quote from the show.

I'M TRIGGERED RIIIIIICK!

is this a reference to that epic XD pickle RIIIIIIIiiCK meme?

i LUV that epic for the luls meme XDDDD

its almost as funny as mudkips owo

Why are blueboard mods faggots? I posted this thread in Sup Forums because I thought they would appreciate it, but it got deleted

You know goddamn well that Sup Forums can't have fun

Terrible mods in the house tonight
Everybody gonna have a bad time

Is that a mother fucking DragonBall PEEPEE reference?

youtube.com/watch?v=7pSmhZFbCy0

Uhhhh, SHIT!

>tfw when I'm a z faggot and even I knew Piccolo's name is based on the instrument

VIRGINIA, HANGING OUT WITH LITTLE BOYS IN SPANDEX I SEE!

Thanks Doc. I have not had my dose in a long time.

Yes.,,,

Bait of excellent quality

>Sup Forums DB threads are even worse than Sup Forums's
I didn't even think that was possible

mistakes into miracles user

>Piccolo's name is literally and intentionally a pun on pickle
Piccolo's not a filthy saiyan, so he doesn't get a vegetable pun for a name

This is epic...

Pickles aren't vegetables, Goku. Technically they're a kind of fruit.

Danks doctor

Why must you delete Piccolo dick, mods?

Merci, docteur.

damn I don't know the reference

"Technically a fruit" doesn't mean shit, because vegetable is a culinary term, not a scientific one.

Piccolo fused with Nail.

This. That classification is arbitrary and only literal morons call tomatoes fruit and watermelons vegetables.

*tips fedora*

Damn nigga calm down its just a joke

it also should have some hair or paper

so there's a guy named Nail, glad I stopped watching

But you were okay with a guy called Piccolo?

You didn't know? Every DBZ character name is a pun.

Vegeta(ble)
Kacarrot
Radish
Bro(cco)li
Bloomers
Trunks
Brief
Pan(tsu)
Bra

>Tien Shinhan's Japanese name pun is tenshindon, a quasi-Chinese dish actually invented in Japan and consisting of a crabmeat omelet over rice. It gets its name from the fact that it was originally made using high-quality rice. The character’s name is written in kanji (天津飯) with a furigana reading (テンシンハン, Tenshinhan).

LITERALLY EVERY CHARACTER

DBZ is Sup Forums, not Sup Forums

yeah but "Nail" is just fucking stupid, all of those are at least either food or somewhat funny, Nail isn't food or funny at all, unless you eat nails

According to Toriyama 'Nail' is a pun on 'Snail' because he's a slug man.

>Pan(tsu)
you sure her name isn't a pun for bread? what you know gohan meaning rice/meal.

Dende is based off the Japanese word for snail, too. Then there's Lord Slug from the movie.

There's two new Namekians from universe 6 that were just revealed. Saonel and Pirina. Don't know what puns their names are supposed to be exactly, probably some play on slug or snail in some other language.

>Nail
Snail
>Dende
Denden-mushi, which is Japanese for snail
>Lord Slug
Butt plug

I've heard Pan works as a pun three different ways. The one you described, but also as a pan flute, like Gohan was naming her in honor of Piccolo. Also Pan, the goat-legged Greek god ties in with Mr Satan and Videl(devil).

>Also Pan, the goat-legged Greek god ties in with Mr Satan and Videl(devil).
that one seems like a stretch.

Probably, but it fits with who her family is better than pantsu.

welcome to Sup Forums, enjoy you're stay
also pls get better taste in cartoons :)

Is he as strong as an ant? If an ant were...this big?

>and watermelons vegetables.
watermelons are not "technically vegetables", they're fucking berries

But they grow on a vine.

So do tomatoes. And they're fruit.

>but also as a pan flute, like Gohan was naming her in honor of Piccolo.
That one's actually adorable.

I've always heard it was a two-way pun as both pan (bread) and Pan (the goat god), owing to her parents being named after foods and religious figures.

Don't forget the race names, too. Like how saiya-jin = yasai = vegetable.

Sup Forums is literally anime/general these days. Unless you're making a notgeneral thread for people to circlejerk iiin, you're fucked.

He's named after his dad who's named after the instrument. All of Piccolo Daimao's sons are named after musical instruments. They're Piccolo, Drum, Tambourine, Piano, and Cymbal.

It really would have been great.

youtu.be/F9NLGdTYUzw?list=LL5cvPq-rucLi-KTqbdraSeA

Man this gets me rock hard

The villains of the Buu arc are all named after magical incantations. It's intentionally absurd.

Bibbidi

Bobbidi

Boo

AbracaDABRA-

Hocus POCUS (also called "Pui Pui" for people not really translating well)

The only character who doesn't carry over is Yakon. He probably gets his name from tekumaku-mayakon, a magical chant that originates from the late 1960s anime Himitsu no Akko-chan.

Thanks doc.

>POCUS (also called "Pui Pui" for people not really translating well)
Pocus is a wholesale new name VIZ created
Pui Pui's name pun is something totally different...
>he probably gets his name from Chichin-puipui, a Japanese good luck charm that mothers, nurses, and the like use when children hurt themselves. I suppose it’s similar to saying “Let me kiss it to make it stop hurting.”

I'm aware, but I like that their version of "translating" is preserving the spirit rather than the letter of the translation. Pui Pui's name is just supposed to be a pun on a magic incantation. It's better to rename him to Pocus then just have his name be nonsense to the audience.

They probably should have named Yakon Kazam or something.

I'm torn on that sort of thing. Why adapt half the names but leave the other half? Why change Sgt.Metallic to Full Metal Jacket and Idasa to Laem but leave Yakkon and Ikose alone?

I love the VIZ translation but some of the creative choices could have been handled better.

don't forget that the ginyu force are named after dairy products

or how beerus & whis and their universe 6 counterparts are name after alcohol

Native Namekians are named after snails, it comes from namekuji which means "slug." Nail is just snail with no S. There's also a villain from a movie named Lord Slug, and all the others are japanese terms except for Cargo which comes form escargot.

I like it when it's more esoteric. Like if the Ginyu Force was instead named the Dairy Squad, composed of Captain Dairy, Yogurt, Cheese, Cream, and Butter it'd cross over from camp to stupid.

Or Freeza, Cooler, Cold, and Chilled.

so what's a kami?

I mean they do adapt the names to Jheese, Butta and Gurhd to make the puns more apparent. Why they left Ginyu and Recoome alone I'm unsure.

Whereas apparently “piccolo”, "drum," "radish," “vegetable”, “freezer”, and “cell” are suitably intimidating.

God. He is the god of Earth.

Kami and Piccolo were created before Toriyama had the idea to retcon them into slug aliens.

Are you suggesting they should rename Gohan to "Rice," Saiyans/Saiya-jin to "Vegetablians," Namekians to "Sluggians," and so on? Because all of those Japanese words are nonsense to English-speakers, too.

That's just Japanese for the word God.