Which was the better team book?

Which was the better team book?

Both had some downright fucking creepy moments that involve sex, but I prefer NTT.

Here's another related question: Which show adapted their source material better: 90s X-Men or Teen Titans?

I liked the TT cartoon more, but it definitely took more liberties with the source material than the X-Men cartoon.

That's a laugh. Teen Titans was one of the most miserable adaptations ever, it got the tone and personality of the comics completely wrong.

>are there more TT fan or X-Men fans on Sup Forums?

X-Men by far. NTT is vastly overrated.

This. This was DC's true counterpart to the X-Men.

I like them both, X-Men is better for longer, though, and pic related is best of all.

I just started reading X-Men starting with Claremont's run, and it just seems alright. When does it get to be this genre-defining run that everyone is on about?

Opinions vary widely. You'll have to decide that for yourself, user, just like you'll have to pick a place to get off when you've had enough.
>everybody's on about
This use of this phrase makes me think you are fucking huge tool, though.

Have you read many comics from the bronze age or earlier before? You might have to acquire a taste for them.

It's true that TT wasn't utterly true to the source material. Then again, Wolfman wasn't true to his predecessors. We'd all be reading comics from the 40's and 60's if people were.

I've read a number of Bronze Age comics and very much enjoyed them. I've heard people say that it really picks up in the Phoenix Saga, so I'll at least read through there.

I'm glad that my using one idiom gave you enough to completely figure me out

Where are you at in it? Personally I think it's good from the very start of the initial Phoenix stuff (#97) up until Claremont leaves but I'd say once Kitty comes in is when the book really starts finding its groove though and you start getting all of the classic stories (Days of Future Past, Proteus, Dark Phoenix, Storm vs. Callisto, etc.).

>I've read a number of Bronze Age comics and very much enjoyed them. I've heard people say that it really picks up in the Phoenix Saga, so I'll at least read through there.
Oh okay. Yeah it's a good idea to go at least that far. My favorite Claremont story is the Brood Saga which comes a bit after. I think after Dark Phoenix you won't want to stop. The first Cockrum period is good but it's not the peak.

Around late 125. There are some pretty cool issues and moments sprinkled in around 94 and 124, but there's a "the other side is thought dead" subplot that feels alittle hamfisted. Around 125 and beyond you enter the Proteus arc which is great, then the seminal Dark Phoenix saga. At that point, you won't stop wanting to read it. You also have to check out New Mutants once you reach the Brood saga, since Claremont will be mixing the 2 books together. You may even end up preferring New Mutants for a while too. I certainly did.

Id bet titans because of the cartoon and two recent movies and co is mostly cartoonfags

The part with proteus, days of the future past. Like right after Banshee injured his vocal cords and therefore retires after a few issues

I've only read X-Men.
Got the first few Titans trades a while back but they're still in the reading pile.

X-Men Evolution>Teen Titans>90s X-Men

I'd just like to say that I liked Banshee in Generation X but reading those early Claremont issues and especially after he injures his vocal cords, Banshee became one of my favorite X-Men. He wasn't the most powerful and he frequently doubted himself, especially after his injury, but he was a wealth of practical experience and someone that the other team members respected and looked up to. Made him a great teacher as well.

Shame he was killed in such a stupid way, then brought back and then has had nothing at all done with him.

>Around late 125
Doesn't Phoenix happen before then? I always hear that praised more than anything else

Phoenix essentially starts on #97 which is when the first Shi'ar characters start showing up, the arc on the space station and whatnot. The entire Phoenix Saga slowly builds up in the background over like 30 issues before it transitions into the Dark Phoenix Saga in the late 120s. That's something a lot of adaptations really miss about it too: the entire story plays out over 3 or 4 years and about 40 issues worth of comics. They just make Jean Phoenix and then shortly after make her Dark Phoenix and completely eliminate the slow build.

This. It's very similar to (going back to the OP) when adaptations of The Judas Contract completely skip all of Terra's arc before she actually betrays them and just jump right in

>yfw that one time Kurt and Petey spit roasted Kory

X-men by a long shot. Both writers were creepy weirdos but New teen Titans is too bogged down with that shit. Also Phoenix Saga is better than Judas Contract.

If you're reading just for that I think you might be disappointed. Like it's fairly well done but it's not amazing or anything. Just a solid arc.

As others have said, Phoenix saga begins at 97, but things don't start getting very good until the 120s. Its decent building from there, but you won't start feeling "wow this is good" until the proteus arc and later the Dark Phoenix saga which starts at 129.

There are 2 phoenix cycles. Like the first arc after Proudstar dies is the "phoenix saga" and then Claremont kinda put her away from the team for like 20 issues and then when she comes back you have the assault on the hellfire club and then the "dark phoenix saga"

easy choice

>back when Storm was always naked

those were nobler times