Thoughts on the hypno/mind control trope? Why is it so common? Has it ever been well executed?

Thoughts on the hypno/mind control trope? Why is it so common? Has it ever been well executed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1vDlTnUNfGU?t=5m45s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why is it so common?

Imagine your faculties being taken over, slowly giving away to an invading agent, losing controls...

It's heavenly

Fetish thread, but fuck it, I'll bite.

It's common because of TV animation. Adventure cartoons in the 60's and 70's needed some sort of peril for the characters, but weren't allowed to show anything violent or destructive. Mind control was a "safe" peril for them, so just about ever cartoon had at least one. It was something they could do that had no grounding in reality, wouldn't give kids nightmares, but was enough for kids to understand, "yes, this is a bad guy thing."

>wouldn't give kids nightmares

It did something much worse.

>Imagine your faculties being taken over, slowly giving away to an invading agent, losing controls...

That's your brain on liberal media.

Well, yeah, but how were they to know?

You'll also notice that action and adventure cartoons very seldom have mind control plots any more, since they're allowed to put their characters into actual danger. If this were the 80's to mid 90's Star and Steven Universe would've all had big mind control episodes.

go

Interesting, thank you. Though I doubt it was the perfect solution to not scaring kids, some mind controlling characters were creepy as fuck

Looking back, I'm convinced some of the writers themselves had a mind control fetish.

The M'arrilians in Chaotic did mind control well

The idea that you no longer have control and you're fine with it can be an arousing idea.

I'll raise you hypno and play mental devolution

Please, everybody knows transformation is where is at.

When's the vore

fucking hated it in How to train your dragon. Fucker straight up mercs hiccups dad and is suddenly forgiven and 2 minutes later when under the same mind control hes all like nahhh, fuck this bullshit and breaks free.

I love dumbification phamicom

What movie is this again?

bump

You mean like the type you've had done to you, OP?

That's just projection. The reality is most of the writers of cartoons in the 60s through 80s were overworked, underpaid, and sometimes straight up lazy. Mind control was a convenient plot.

Fun fact, a few episodes of Speed Buggy are literally just Josie and the Pussycays episodes with the names changed.

Looks like "We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story"

>Why is it so common?

Kaa

>Has it ever been well executed?

Hypnosis, not really. In hypnotic states, people aren't going to murder. They need to be programmed over time. And corruption/mind control is different from hypnosis.

youtu.be/1vDlTnUNfGU?t=5m45s