Worldwide total: $61 million

Is there hope for a sequel? Does Sony have a franchise on their hands?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=theemojimovie.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Honestly I wouldn't mind.
I watched it with my friend to see how bad it was, and we were laughing our asses off the entire time (the theater was empty except for us so we didn't have to be quiet)

No.

It was off of a $50 mil budget, plus advertising. Either they'll make a new movie hoping that adults will come just to see how bad it is, or they'll abandon it just like all of their other movies.

>I watched it with my friend
No you didn't.

How much did they spend on marketing? Because doing 11 million profit doesnt seem that great considering how much they were riding on this and Jumanji

The Nut Job didn't warrant a sequel but look what's coming out this month...

They'll sell enough merchandise to excuse the production of a sequel. Worse part is everyone buying the merchandise just wants any emoji crap, not shit specific to the movie.

If it only crossed its production budget after two weeks, there's little to no way it's getting a sequel, especially with whatever its advertising budget was still having to be recouped.

Phew, I guess there's a god after all.

(You)

Marketing is usually like half again the budget, at minimum, and theaters need to take their cuts, especially in the international market.

The Emoji movie would need to make about 100 million bare minimum just to be in the black. The more realistic number is probably like 120 to be a modest success.

Maybe this means there won't be a The Meme Movie after all

The Nut Job was made in Canada, which usually forks over like half the production budget in grant money and then has a shit ton of tax credits. Even without that it made 100 million on a 40 million budget so it's still technically a success, if not a very big one.

But the real answer is it was Toonbox's first movie and they obviously had zero faith in their second one given it was released off season with no trailer in like two theaters and didn't even make a million dollars. They're probably trying to bet on this to continue their whole studio and executives love to think sequels are sure things.

Hopefully when a sequel gets made you retards will realize that.... uh... .that..... hmmmmm that that that......... huh?

>Wanting a sequel

What is wrong with you?

>not wanting a sequel
Don't you want to see what jailbreak and gene's child will look like?

No I want to see what our child will look like.

Jailbreak is the worst waifu you could choose from this movie

>"the movie isn't bad, you're just not the intended audience!!"

Everyone hated this movie, both children and adults.

>Does Sony have a franchise on their hands?
No.
Anytime they try to make one things go badly.

It's almost as bad as the faggots who cry "stop thinking about it so hard!"

>Is there hope for a sequel? Does Sony have a franchise on their hands?

Are you joking ?

It cost $50 million to make, so far it has earned $61 million at the box office, of which the studio gets ~55% = $33 million.

So Sony Pictures is still ~$30 million behind, and that's without counting any promotion budget which is easily another $20 million.

This is another failure for them, there will be no sequel.

No only did bad word of mouth cripple this movie's boxoffice potential (if could have earned 150 million by now at minimum) it's going to hurt the profit of other non-related Sony movies because it's so shitty.

Even my dad, who's a complete illiterate about the movie business, knows not to buy tickets to Sony movies.

No I'm talking about OUR child user.

>only 61 million
well at least there is still some good left in this world

Too bad that thanks to the internet a movie is less likely to make a profit if it sucks. It might give the movie more expose but it's actually hurting the movie

Oh

>We should have colonized planets by now
>Get magazines with poop on the front page instead

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=theemojimovie.htm

Current total.