You have a time machine and work at DC when they were planning new 52. You must choose one JL member with a black hero...

You have a time machine and work at DC when they were planning new 52. You must choose one JL member with a black hero. Who gets replaced and with who?

Superman for Steel

easy peasy

Aquaman for Black Lightning. As much as I love Arthur, I don’t feel like he adds much to the lineup.

Anything but Martian for Vixen is wrong.

I fucking love J'onn but he is much better as a solo character. Him being on the League is just a recipe for jobbing.

Vixen, unlike Steel, is her own hero, not a legacy with a ton of 90's backstory. Vixen, unlike Black Lightning, does not come with an unmarketable name and clicheed powers, but a very unique (and visually interesting) powerset that adds to the league dynamic considerably. Vixen, unlike Mister Terrific, is not already heavily tied up with the JSA. Vixen, unlike Cyborg, is not already tied up with the Titans, and actually deserves her spot as a solo hero.

Vixen is literally the only answer there will EVER be, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

She also adds another woman to the league, which automatically kills any criticisms of Wonder Woman being the only woman and therefore a token.

She also adds a new element to the League (ie. GL brings alien shit, Wondy brings mythology, Aquaman brings the ocean, Batman brings street crime, and Vixen will bring tribal magic voodoo shit).

VIXEN VIXEN VIXEN

Hal Jordan for John Stewart or Flash for XS

Flash with Black Flash.

Catchphrase: "What's the speed of dark?"

Cyborg for Static Shock, play on that early 2000s nostalgia

This convinced me and I don't think I have read more than a few pages of Vixen doing anything.

I was going to say replace J'onn with Vixen as well.

THIS
H
I
S

Well I'm convinced

/thread

Batman with Mr. Terrific.

Well reasoned. I like it

Hal with John

Actually, they gave me that name. I wanted to be SuperVolt! But Aquaman was all "Nah, you should be Black Lightning." And I was like "WELL MAYBE WE SHOULD CALL YOU WHITEFISH."

Hal for John if held at gunpoint. If not, just make Martian Manhunter's default human disguise black. I don't hate Cyborg but I feel like he's would be a good fit in Teen Titans. With Damian on the team, I really feel like they could need another exuberant/funny character

/thread

I thought you were samefagging until I saw the number of posters
this is a cool idea, user

Not to mention she isn't an expy of any Avenger. Steel for instance, is literally just Iron Man with Thor's cape and hammer.

I like Vixen, and she's a good choice.

But i'm a Black Lightning pick kinda guy. He does give something that no other leaguer gives, in that he's a grown-ass adult with serious familial and community obligations. As a father of two and principal of an underprivileged school, he gives the League the view of a working man who is entrenched into his community, one that is more important and more fertile for storytelling than just voodoo magic tribal stuff.

Bruce is a billionaire playboy, Barry works in law enforcement, Hal is a fuck-up who mostly spends his time in space nowadays, and Arthur, Clark and Diana are nigh unto gods. Jefferson would be the most human member of the league, reminding them of those under them, and still able to hold his own in a fight very well. His powers are cliche because he STARTED the cliche, and those cliches aren't bad, mind you. Flying Bricks and Speedsters are cliche, remember.

But Vixen has all that too. Despite her powers and family having African origins, she is firmly rooted in Detroit, and has a family to take care of as well.

Also, as a sidenote, Arthur is hardly a god. A king, yes, but he's still a very human character with a great deal of his stories being domestic ones.

I think a superhero who's alter ego is a working class school principal is too interest to miss. I only knew the hero part and it was very meh to me, but now I'm eager to read about him. I hope the TV show makes him justice

Just buy Static outright and replace Cyborg with him. two of his three creators are dead, aren't they? Plus he can be the kid in-training hero.

This is a good thesis

Aquaman with Amazing-Man.

Aquaman, has a good place outside the League to swim around in and have his own world apart.

Amazing-Man has the Man naming convention which Cyborg is sorely lacks.

Has history with being a hero with the All Star Squadron. A later version has history with the Justice League.

since fucking when the Man naming convention is a JLA thing?
Green Lantern, The Flash, Shazam, Red Tornado, Black Canary, Huntress, Captain Atom, Vixen, Mr Miracle, Black Lightning...

Sorry, I didn't wanted to sound rude, man (and also I forget listing Cyborg himself)
You sound pretty fond with Amazing-Man, you made me want to search about him and read some of his stories.
Have a nice day pal

I'm just saying renaming Cyborg to Cyborg Man would solve 70-80% of his problems.

can you explain it? I don't see the point

Well said. Vixen definitely needs time to shine and would have made a better team member than Cyborg

John Stewart replaces Hal Jordan. That was easy.

Best answer, Vixen is underrated and has really interesting powers, she'd be far better as a League member than Cyborg

Cyborg's biggest character trait before New 52 wasn't as the black token, it was the big brother character to the younger Titans. By removing that history from him, it leaves a hole in many people's lives. Like Beast Boy.

Victor is best suited as the adult who mentors the new younger Titans. I'd probably keep his friendship with Billy Batson tho. That was a good idea that they failed to move forward with.

I stated it to be true on the internet. Frankly that's all the evidence I need.

Slightly more seriously, Cyborg suffers from a design standpoint of not being quite a superhero. He's a cyborg. His design is usually based on that decade's concept of what a cyborg is. It makes him stand out like a sore thumb in the Justice League line-up who are all rooted in classic superhero design. Even with the trend of pseudo-armor, Cyborg still doesn't quite blend. If you look at Steel, that came out of the Reign of The Supermen, he had a much more old school inspired design, even had the cape.

Which brings us to the name, classic naming conventions generally have two broad beats: Green Lantern, SuperMan, Martian Manhunter, Barry got re-titled to THE Flash from just Jay's Flash for a reason.

Having Cyborg as a founding member of the Justice League puts him as very much the odd man out on multiple levels. To get him to fit a bit better somethings got to give. Cyborg Man would help push him closer to the concepts holding up the others.

>Hal for John
Literally the worst option

Cyborg, Raven, Beast, Thing, Katana, Hulk, Wasp, Falcon...perhaps they're not the most creative name, but I think they just work.
On the other hand, no one has problem with a guy dressed with tank armour in the middle of the avengers, I don't see how how a guy with silver augmented limbs can do any harm. It's not like all members of a superhero group should look like Cat-man with different colors