"I was one of a few people that were an obvious choice for Wonder Woman, but it was never going to happen...

>"I was one of a few people that were an obvious choice for Wonder Woman, but it was never going to happen. I’m contracted with Marvel and it would (be) strange. Sif, in her way, is Marvel’s Wonder Woman. They’re both ethereal and have armor and a sword, and have special abilities; the physicality of the role is very similar."

>"Sif, in her way, is Marvel’s Wonder Woman."

Remember how Jamie Alexander took the role of Lady Sif in Thor, a forgettable bit part, and then broke her back doing it, nearly crippling her? Remember how she was going to audition for Wonder Woman but Disney said she wasn't allowed because her contract forbade her from being in a DC movie? And how she isn't even going to be a main character in Thor 3?

With Wonder Woman becoming a huge cultural phenomenon, do you think Jaimie Alexander ever wonders what would have happened if she had waited a couple years and taken the Wonder Woman role?

For instance, playing Wonder Woman means that Gal will never have to worry about work again. She went from being a literal who to being an international celebrity and national hero of her home country. Linda Carter played Wonder Woman 40 years ago and hasn't had to worry about work since. This means toy deals, requests for public appearances, and calls for roles for the rest of her life.

And considering how much more DC pays its actors than Marvel, I highly doubt playing a background character in Marvel's worst, least-popular franchise is as good as playing the biggest female hero on the planet.Plus with her failing TV show, Jaimie's career looks to be on increasingly shaky ground.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/08/09/thor-ragnarok-jaimie-alexander-lady-sif/
comicbookmovie.com/thor/jaimie-alexander-talks-in-detail-about-her-injury-on-the-set-of-thor-the-dark-a72363
people.com/tv/jaimie-alexander-says-her-blindspot-tattoos-arent-making-her-sick/
variety.com/2016/film/features/jaimie-alexander-thor-lady-sif-blindspot-wonder-woman-1201707282/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sometimes you make a bad choice and sometimes that costs you your career. You deal with it and move on.

>Lady Sif
comicbook.com/marvel/2017/08/09/thor-ragnarok-jaimie-alexander-lady-sif/

But yeah Thor and his crew have all been screwed over to focus on Portman who can't act and a bunch of comedy relief morons.

Shes really salty about the entire Wonder Woman thing, and whats worse is the shit treatment Sif and the Warriors 3 got in the Thor movies. Are they just dead in Ragnarok?

>she doesn't get the fame her beauty deserves
>we get a shit wonder woman movie with a shit actress nobody deserves

truly the darkest timeline

At least she got to play Sif on Agents of SHIELD!

She's an imbecile. She was shit-talking DC when they asked her about this months back, now that the movie's out and everyone loves it suddenly she's like "I wish I could have but I'm stuck at Marvel!"

For the record, she never would have been offered the role in the first place if she didn't play Sif. So this was never gonna happen anyway.

She was my pick for WW. She even fucking looks like her.

She looks like Diana as much as Gadot does. Which is to say not at all.

Wonder Woman has black hair, blue eyes and doesn't have a massive fivehead.

Not saying she wouldn't be fine in the role but she looks as much like Wonder Woman as Gadot does.

Don't even give me the fucking "muh muscles" bullshit.

She wouldn't have got it. They cast Gal Godot as much for her looks as they did for her ambiguously foreign accent. Most Americans couldn't identify an Israeli accent if they heard one, so it's perfect for a woman meant to be from some fictional island of myth.

She's just as thin and skinny as Gal is by the way, I wonder what makes everyone prefer her....

I feel like her facial features are too sharp. Eyes and mouth too thin. It's basically just the hair.

Not that it really matters with Gadot being a skeleton, but I disagree that she looks like WW.

JUST.

Wonder Woman has never been a muscle fag besides exception.

Gal Gadot is perfect for WW

Idris Elba probably wishes he had turned down Heimdal and went for Black Panther instead.

lol

Wasn't going to happen. Gall Gadot is a terrible actress, like she was probably the worst one in the casting, but somehow she landed the role and we all know why: pure nepotism and connections.
So, even if Jaimie had waited to audition for the role she most likely wouldn't have gotten it anyways.

She is starring in a hit TV show. Gal got a really shitty paycheck for wonder woman

Literally everyone in this wave of capeshit gets a bad first contract besides Terrance Howard somehow.

She looks really good on that dress, please post more pics.

Idris Elba didn't have a crystal ball telling him Black Panther was coming or that the MCU was going to be a mega success

She also got paid for BvS and JL. Her pay for WW2 will be huge and there's also Flashpoint. It's hilarious you're trying to portray this as a bad deal

This.

Gadot signed a contract with WB and agreed on her salary before anyone knew how the movies would turn out. Her good fortune was that it was a three movie contract, and now that WW is the most successful part of the DCEU, she can negotiate whatever new salary she wants for WW2 and every other movie she's in after JL.

Lol, not the guy you're replying to, but get fucked.

she's gonna get millions off bonuses, the paycheck is symbolic. like keanu reeves in the matrix sequels, nigga got millions because he got a % off the movie profits not a huge paycheck for the actual movies.

A woman regrets her decisions? What? This is something that happens?!

>"Sif, in her way, is Marvel’s Wonder Woman."
Hindsight is a bitch.

you can't compare based keanu to gadot for many different reasons

1) as previously stated by the user here the multi-contract deals now are about exposure AFTER the franchise. she gets paid next to nothing but her star rises and she makes money elsewhere. it's why chris pratt makes more in jurassic world than guardians, even though the latter is what made him A list

2) keanu was bankable by the time the first matrix rolled around, he had been in a bunch of hits and was well known. gadot was a literally who

3) the first matrix was made without sequels in mind. so the entire cast got leverage when WB wanted sequels. not so with modern franchises. especially superhero stuff, WB could always recast if gadot asks for too much

It's the fact that she broke her back which makes this all so schadenfreudesque.
Everytime her back aches is just a reminder of the time she lost wonder woman to Gal Gadot.

I know it's probably too late now, but I would have LOVED a Lady Sif and the Warriors Three movie. Just Sif and the bros gallivanting across the 9 realms, taking care of business while Thor is offscreen. It would have been a lot better than a Captain Marvel movie, methinks.

>Portman who can't act

>The thing I really enjoy about Marvel is that they start with a character first and all the explosions and costumes, the glitz and glam, are secondary to who the actual character is deep down.
>That’s something I haven’t really been able to find with DC Comics.

Who /Blindspot/ here? It's a bog-standard action drama but the characters are great.

>Marvel wouldn't allow her to audition for Wonder Woman
>literally breaks her back filming one of the worst comic book movies ever made
>backseat to Hershlag who didn't even want to be there
>gets backseated by a negress in the upcoming Thor 3 movie
>relegated to a TV star on a shitty show
JUST

Seriously, did they forget Thor already HAD a supporting cast when they scripted Ragnarok?

I can understand wanting to have Hulk in it, but was anybody actually demanding a movie where Valkyrie (barely above "literal who" status even in the comics) is a major character?

>did they forget Thor already HAD a supporting cast when they scripted Ragnarok?
They didn't forget Loki, you can never have a thor film without Loki.

>I could've been Wonder Woman
>That would've been me on Kimmel, Fallon, & Conan talking about myself all the while promoting a movie starring me!
>I wouldn't have been back seated by Natalie Portman, who didn't even want to be in these movies, a negress, & Cate Fucking Blanchett
>Wonder Woman could've been MY breakout role as an upcoming thespian that would make my departure from being just a tv actress into a fucking movie star!
>I could've starred in the 2nd highest grossing film in the DCEU
>I turned down the opportunity to be a legend, but settled for being a side bitch.
JUST indeed.

Good god is she gorgeous and that dress was incredible.

Even if you wanna argue that she isn't a bad actress, her delivery in the Thor movies thus far has been abysmal and her character is certainly not warranting having so much focus. Even Portman doesn't seem all too attached to her role.

You gotta learn how to work the side bitch status. Look at Alan Tudyk, he's had a steady career for years being side characters in Disney stuff.

To be fair Valkyrie is a Norse mythology character so she does belong in a Ragnarok movie.
Also with Valkyrie, Hulk, and Doctor Strange all being in the movie we have three of the comics Defenders in one movie.

You know the difference between Alan Tudyk and Jaimie Alexander?
>Alan Tudyk gets screentime
Disney ain't hiring Alan Tudyk and then have him do nothing, I do not know why Marvel doesn't use Jaimie alexander.

Marvel doesn't have the variety of projects that Disney has. They've got the films, which aren't going to feature Sif any more, they've got the tv shows, which probably won't feature Sif any more, and something like three cartoons? She needs to find a way to get her a VA gig or Star Wars role.

No she doesn't.

I feel like she lost all hope when Jenkins left two after "creative differences."

remember when she wore that dress that showed her vag because she was trying to get the wonder woman part?

Wonder Woman would have been exactly as shit with Jaime Alexander.

I wonder if she resents Jenkins because she is basically the real responsible of the big WW succes.
Please post pics.

Why would she resent Jenkins. She got her the gig and sadly couldnt get Marvel to keep her.
More like does Marvel regret not keeping Jenkins.
I wonfer if any other past directors they took the shit on are gonna be asking WB for a shot at DC now.
Wright is probably gonna direct GLC

>She is starring in a hit TV show.

Wait, people actually like that tattoo show?

Just a bit for the first season, the second is shit,

Must have got desperate and accepted the first 'break' that came and not thought it through. Of course at the time DC movies were trashy and Marvel was the lord of Comic Movies, but you take a bit part and you get bit treatment.

To be fair, first Thor actually did use Warriors Three pretty well in terms of screen time given the type of story it was. Then the sequel happened and they got shafted entirely in favor for more Loki.

I watched the movie last week and I still barely remember her presence. When I saw this thread I went;

>oh, she was in that wasn't she?

It was a bad choice. Don't accept shitty roles in a contract that prevents you from future work. There is no level of desperation worth selling out your entire future.

>fapping to her in Kyle XY

Good days

Imagine...being almost crippled for Thor 2.

I saw that in the OP. What happened?

>"I injured my self pretty bad. I actually haven't talked about this on camera yet. I herniated a disk in my Thoracic spine, dislocated my left shoulder, tore my right Rhomboid, and chipped eleven vertebra. I slipped and fell down something very high, I hurt my self pretty badly and it scared me. I knew when I couldn't get off the ground I was in big trouble. Then, I was okay, but in a lot of pain. The next morning I got in a car to go to the hospital, and I sat in the car and compressed my spine a little bit, and went paralyzed in my right leg and my right hand. So I was in the hospital for a week. But, it was a thing where it was just a swelling thing. Once the swelling went down I was good to go. I did physical rehab for a month, then went back and did some more fight sequences."
Source: comicbookmovie.com/thor/jaimie-alexander-talks-in-detail-about-her-injury-on-the-set-of-thor-the-dark-a72363

She fell down a metal staircase while on the set and chipped 11 vertebraes.

Christ, imagine thinking you'll just go get an x-ray or something and going paralyzed on your way there.

Fuck this smoker throat voiced bitch. So glad she lost.

>To be fair Valkyrie is a Norse mythology character so she does belong in a Ragnarok movie.

And Sif... isn't?

>hit

It barely got renewed

that's a very jackass thing to say

>then broke her back doing it

She turned up on set half cut and slipped on a staircase.

And it turns out that those fake tattoos were toxic too.
Jaimie Alexander isn't having an easy life.

>Wright is probably gonna direct GLC

Wright's just coming off Baby Driver.

I'm pretty sure it's the biggest budget he's ever handled after Ant-Man, which he struggled with. Nobody's going to hand him another shot at the big time until he proves he can do the lower tier consistently, and to be honest, he's not getting any younger.

>not thought it through

She probably thought "if I don't get work I'll starve". That's usually what makes actors take jobs.

Look, what would you do? Take a job in 2009/2010 for a movie released in 2011, or wait literally half a decade in the hopes of Warner Bros. getting off their asses and making a Wonder Woman movie at a point in time when they weren't even sure they were going to make another Superman movie or even reboot Batman?

Fuck, in 2010 she was probably hoping she'd get a part in TDKR.

What kind of fucking thread even is this

>oh wow [company] actress is such an asshole and a failure i wish she was dead oh wait she's already dying because failure and toxic tattoos

Jesus Christ take your company wars and gossip waking back to Sup Forums

She would've been my pick. Without a doubt.

And really, honestly... as late as 2011 Wonder Woman was Adrianne Palicki. That was all there was to it. Doesn't matter that the pilot was never broadcast - that's who they went with for the project as it looked at that time.

I won't lie user, I am enjoying the fact that her MCU career is a flop after her playing Lady Sif got so much hype pre-wobder woman.

On the contrary, I think it's pretty grown up. You deal with your failings, grow from it, and do better next time.

Jamie Alexander is a gorgeous, physically able actress who'll get super buff for an action role. In the age of Atomic Blonde, she won't be out of work for long.

>She probably thought "if I don't get work I'll starve".
She wasn't a struggling actress then, she is now but not in 2009.

Fake News

people.com/tv/jaimie-alexander-says-her-blindspot-tattoos-arent-making-her-sick/

Oh well carry on then, obviously it's important to shit talk anything and anyone related to the big bad MCU, shitting up the board is a necessary sacrifice

>woulda shoulda coulda whiners

And Thor 2 could have been good. You can't predict the future and you can't change what's happened. Just live with your mistakes and make the best of them instead of this whiney cunt.

They needed an excuse for a female nigger to be in it. That's literally the only reason.

I hated her too much in it. Amanda all day.

I will, the fact that Jaimie Alexander thought that her role as Sif would be equal to Wonder Woman is literally too funny for words.

did she?

Patty Jenkins was going to direct Thor 2 right? And she got kicked because artistic vision and MCU mix like shit. Now Wonder Woman is the most successful capemovie of the year, makes you think what could have been of that Thor 2 piece of shit

Nobody is shit talking Jaimie Alexander. I

>Sif, in her way, is Marvel’s Wonder Woman

She didn't like the script, said her intention was to have Romeo and Juliet in space. It's the guy that came after her that had problems because he wanted the movie to be darker

Thankfully the marvel creative committee is gone

WW still hasn't beat GotG2

She wasn't guaranteed the role of WW you idiot. As a c-list actor, you take what you get. If Gal Gadot was offered the role of some random X-men chick months prior to the WW casting, she probably would have taken that role as well.

I know, right? That's so stupid of her, when the interviewer asked about the role she should've broken down in tears for being stuck being a little bitch instead of Wonder Woman. She has bo dignity left

Gadot got involved with WB because she auditioned to be Faora, so yeah, pretty much

>I’m contracted with Marvel
See, that was your first mistake.

She was still a successful actress, she choose the Sif role for fame,nothing wrong with that, but we know that she went for Wibder woman while already cast as Sif but decided to stick with the MCU seeing how Divisive the DCEU was.

Or maybe they simply didn't take her

She does shit talk DC in this interview though, essentially saying Marvel has better characters while DC has no substance. In a polite manner but the implications are loud and clear.

>Marvel has better characters while DC has no substance
Thanks for the delicious tears, Jamie!

Maybe but this all came during a time where People would've said she dodged a bullet there when in actuality it was the stairs she had to look out for.

Which interview

Which is why the fact that Wonder woman was the DC film that was an actual success but Sif has been greatly reduced from the thor series makes this all so funny.
It's the old bait and switch gag.

Well of course they did, MoS and BvS (and later SS) were painting a grim picture of the DCEU, WW is the miraculous exception so far

>WW is the miraculous exception so far
Why? Is it LELSORANDUMB like an MCU movie?

Variety
variety.com/2016/film/features/jaimie-alexander-thor-lady-sif-blindspot-wonder-woman-1201707282/amp/
>The thing I really enjoy about Marvel is that they start with a character first and all the explosions and costumes, the glitz and glam, are secondary to who the actual character is deep down.
>That’s something I haven’t really been able to find with DC Comics.

It has a coherent plot and likeable characters