Batman v Superman

Just marathonned this movie, did they mean to make Batman such a shit person and destroy his character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. The Gentry is coming.

>marathoned a single movie

Yeah he lost his Robin and now he's insane but Superman died and showed him that he can be nice again

Did you mean to come off as a complete idiot, OP?

With bad movies you have to watch them in chunks because too much bullshit at once can kill a sane person.

Now I just want a Superman or Batman movie starring Scott Steiner

>Just marathonned this movie
Are you retarded?

Yeah. They played him as an antagonist up to the last 30 minutes.

>Implying your 3 year old Sup Forums meme can fool me

>"HE'S FAT!" - Bruce Wayne

>marathoned
>a movie

The guy who has a mom with the same name as his

sure is summer in here

Pretty much, but the connection wasn't "our mum's have the same name" it was batman realising Superman is basically just a man who has fears like Bruce. Though I will admit the scene was handled very poorly

>>marathoned a single movie

That movie was so bad I had to triathlon that shit. Don't even get me started on suicide flop

If you think BvS is such a bad movie im happy for you as there is far worse out there

but bad movies aren't painful, they're funny.

Scared about JL this much, huh Disney? Keep pretending BvS was bad. It's hilarious.

You marathoned one movie?

Why is BvS considered a bad movie anyway? I thought it was pretty amazing. The closest the genre has to a legitimite epic. Some clunky parts towards the climax out of a misguided effort to follow certain action movie cliches but even with those it still stands miles above basically every other recent superhero movie in terms of craftsmanship and content.

Not all bad movies are so bad that they are funny.
And BvS 1st hour is a fucking chore to watch.

>Marathonned a movie
As opposed to watching it in 15 minute chunks over the course of a month?

You know they say that all characters are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Superman and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another superhero, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a popular character and I'm the director's pet! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add plot armor to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the fight scene, in BvS, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Scott Snyder KNOWS I can't beat you and he's not even gonna try justifying it!

So Superman, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at BvS. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning in BvS. SeƱor Supes, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you in BvS.

Because it's so obvioulsy badly done most critics recognize it for what it is?

The 1st hour is setting the story up in such a dull way, I was waiting for something to happens. And no, I can watch a movie without any action scenes and not feel bored.
Just look at the 1st hour of Inception in comparison. It's also all about setting up the next hour and a half of movie but it's fun, it's entertaining.

Batman chasing some bad guys in his car is so over the top, it's ridiculous. Walls weren't enough? Was destroying a boat really necessary? We get it, the batmobile is unstoppable but Superman can still shatter it.
And the first meeting between Batman and Superman felt empty. Batman gives every reason to Superman to restrain him right on the spot, but he doesn't because there are 2 hours of movie left.

Also, Batman transitions from being distrustful of Superman to wanting to kill him without any reason. The colateral damages from the fight between Zod and Superman made Batman distrustful. But over the 1st hour of the movie, he decides to acquire the means to kill Superman just because!
Their first confrontation should have been what motivate Batman to kill Superman. But the screenwriter is so bad, he didn't even realize that.

The Batman vs Superman fight was not good and at that point in the movie, I was waiting to see if that would at least be entertaining. Seeing people getting punched hard and destroying buildings is not enough. You have to create a tension, an atmosphere.
Same with the cgi clusterfuck that was the fight against Doomsday. There was no tension, no rythm, no momentum.

And the only scene where characters aren't asshole is when Clark meets Lois in the bathroom.

>batman can ONLY follow his no kill rule NO OTHER INTERPETATIONS OF THE CHARACTER NO NO NO!
Get fucked faggot

At what point of an alternative interpretation a character stops being that character?

probably by the fact they admit they left out the best parts for the blu-ray for a cheap cash grab

Except he killed villains in his original comic run. So it's not far from what he used to be

A batman that didn't even last a year?

for a handful of issues because he was literally the shadow in a bat suit until Bill Finger gave him a personality.

Like don't act like Bats was a killer even in most of the golden age, it was an incredibly brief period.

>11 issues out of many thousands
WOW

Still part of the original character so oops

That's just an alternative interpretation of the character. :^)

So I guess that they should make aoviedo where he is a gorilla, or a movie where Suoerman doesn't fly, or where Alfred doesn't exist because at some point these things happened.

Hell, pick the most shit runs and OOC behaviors of 80 years of comics and put them on the movie, and execuse it by saying that if it is in a comic it's OK.

Not really. Alternative would be batman kidnapping children, calling them retards and forcing them to eat bats and rats...

Yup. They should have

It's a meme in Sup Forums.

We're not gonna agree here, Inception is a movie I genuinely dislike. It's a premise with almost infinite possibilities that they adapt in the least interesting way possible because they were afraid of being weird. It's not even as good as the episode of The Prisoner it stole most of its plot from.

I actually feel like the first half of BvS had some of its strongest moments. Batman wanted to kill Superman, or at least have the means to kill Superman, almost from the beginning. In his first conversation he had with Alfred we find out that he was investigating the White Portuguese, the ship transporting Kryptonite, for quite a while. He viewed him as an alien invader who posed a considerable threat to humanity and needed to be taken out.

I agree that the climax was weak and Doomsday seemed like a rather contrived substitute for a direct confrontation between Superman and Lex but... he did the job. Could have been trimmed down, I guess. I liked the Batman/Superman fight, actually.

Superman not taking in Batman when they first met was indeed weird but he wanted to give him a warning, it's fair enough.

I just marathoned the first 10 minutes of game of thrones, what did I think about it Sup Forums?

sure is a lack of going to the shithole that is Sup Forums and thus not knowing their dumbass memes.

are you fags even real

Yes, absolutely. I don't understand why the movie has such a bad reputation. I'd take it over samey shlock like Deadpool or Guardians of the Galaxy any time.

>Batman v Superman
Batman v Superman had the best Batman period.

Oh hi Denny.

I actually didnt mind it, but im sad that it happen in the first dcu movie... Id understand if they did the robin movie first so we can see his descend into terror.

Instead we just get hit by a batman that uses gun and knifes a guy...Atleast the fighting scenes was good.

Also its not the first time batman has killed in a film. youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM

Hope they fix this shit with flashpoint.

Death of superman and death of robin feels so rushed, carries less weight when theres nothing stacked untop of it.

I completely disagree. In the original Death of Superman, Doomsday was just some punchy asshole that Superman went down fighting.
In BvS, he was the literal and metaphorical ghost of Zod come back to punish him for taking his life.

More importantly, the Doomsday fight proved that Superman was a man, not an alien, contrary to what Batman said. He knowingly laid down his own life to save everyone else, despite not owing them shit. That wad the point of what Ma Kent said to Clark, "You don't owe this world anything." Superman doesn't do good because he feels he has to, that's Spider-Man's schtick. Superman does good because it's the right thing to do.

Just because you think it's better than MArvel stuff doesn't mean it's not shit

or are you just baiting

As long as "Marvel stuff" dominates the market as much as it does I'm being absolutely serious. The only other recent superhero movie I liked, though not as much, was Logan.

It's fucking 3 hours long

How do you marathon a movie???