Which show is better?

And why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O5yBH9lQOqc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Never watched YJ, so Teen Titans

TTG

>And why?
If you're gonna shitpost, at least answer OP.

Young justice

They are both equally solid 7/10 cape cartoons

TTG takes itself less serious and its a fun watch unlike YJ and TT. Also TT did not age well imo

YJ wasn't off to a great start before it even began to age. The time skips that changed characters without letting the audience experience their development and the 1st season villains' "just as planned" bullshit. Young Justice lost a lot of steam, there is a reason why TT is still highly regarded even as of today.

The one with the best girl.

Young Justice is much better. TT aged very poorly.

TT was cute and wacky while still being able to deliver great story acrs. The pacing and character focus was well done as well.

YJ was a huge disappointment compared to it, too much focus on single characters, too much badly written shipping drama and horribly forced grimdark atmosphere. I guess it's cool if you like taking capeshit seriously, but I'd rather watch/read something for a more "mature" audience where the creators enjoy a bit more of creative freedom, instead of looking at kids fighting robots.

YJ was so fucking dull

And emo

I grew up with TT, I liked it. There's a few episodes I may go back and rewatch. Slade was great, the main cast had chemistry, the Doom Patrol and Brotherhood showing up later was a real treat...it was good then and parts are still good now.

I tried to get into YJ, but the overabundance of soap opera staples, hard-ass paramilitary themes, and constantly expanding cast of characters I didn't give a shit about prevented me from ever enjoying it.

It's too bad because I had never not loved a Greg Weisman-run show until then.

The one without a slut who betrays the team and fucks 50 year old men.

Yeah

Terra is pure in the TT continuity. Take your filthy presuppositions elsewhere.

>TT aged very poorly.
How so?
I watched it few years back for the first time and it felt like any other modern toon. YJ looks way weirder in their style/animation.

Tenn titans has better waifu.

I rewatched it all about a year back and it seemed fine to me.

Teen titans because YJ was filled with ya novel tier annoying characters and i actually like teen titans cast

Which team would win in a fight?

OP's lineup? Teen Titans easily

>Young Justice lost a lot of steam, there is a reason why TT is still highly regarded even as of today.
>one was successfully revived for a third season while the other one was bastardized in a new version.

Sure

Her tits are barely reach A+ cup. No thanks kole are better

I think I liked TeenTitans more.
Probably cause I wasn't as familiar with DC then so they were all new characters to me.
That and it had a pretty great balance of humour and action.

I never saw TT as a kid. Watching it now, it's honestly kind of shallow and the anime stuff was cringy. We knew little about the characters and though YJ had its flaws, its Robin, Terra, and Raven arcs felt a lot more overly angsty.

You're saying that kole has bigger breasts?
Ok

Do any of the Titans have any defense against having their minds molested by Young Justice's brain-rapist?

Here's the thing -- visually, Teen Titan's fight scenes were fucking awesome, especially when compared to other shows of its time. Young Justice, not so much. It did, however, have good writing. Artistically, I appreciate Teen Titans more, but in terms of stroytelling, Young Justice is much better.

>Young Justice
>good writing

>one was successfully revived for a third season
YJ was fucking cancelled and its coming back on a fucking streaming service. TTG may be a bastardization but it was a much bigger success and shows how well the characterization held up all these years that people still associate those characters with their TV counterparts. No one is ever going to give a shit about Superboy, Aqualad, Artemis or remember "whelmed" but people are always going to associate Cyborg with his "booyah" persona from the TV series rather than the bland boring character from the comics.

Say what you will, but it focused more on characters and an overarching plot with twists. It's weird like that.

Teen Titans, whilst having certain arcs per season, was mainly a show where each episode was a story all on its own. Young Justice focused on writing more. Teen Titans focused on its action. In fact, I believe that's why Young Justice seems boring in comparison -- it was more focused on its story and plot.

Why wasn't this a hour long special?

TT was very inconsistent but was overall solid. The comedy bits was its weakest element but the characterization, development and animation were all tops. YJ had bad writing and piss poor characterization despite its great production values. So overall TT.

Who cares? If you like capeshit so much, go read the comic books, or watch a live action movie.

Cyborg does considering he managed to resist Brother Blood and Raven would give M'gann a taste of her own medicine.

Yes YJ focused on "writing" more, not necessarily good writing but it wanted to make it seem it was more than the sum of its parts hence why tumblr likes it so much.

It's all about face you morons.

Teen Titans' writing was a million times better, sorry dude. Continuity is not good writing itself.

>The comedy bits was its weakest element
I guess that's why everyone remembers stuff like the waffles line, or the whole dressing-up-like-Robin thing, or Cyborg's hilarious version of the theme song (and also the two other versions from the movie), or...

Face it, the comedy was brilliant.

But I'm not into capeshit whatsoever, I'm into great cartoons.

>We knew little about the characters
We knew little about their backstories (though IMO it was more than enough). That's not the same thing.

Hey dumbfuck, TT got 5 seasons and a movie (plus a special lost episode), YJ had to get uncancelled just to get a 3rd.

This honestly

>and its coming back on a fucking streaming service

What's wrong with that? Streaming services are the future. Cable television is dead.

>No one is ever going to give a shit about Aqualad

Is that why he's on the mainstream comics and in Injustice, while Cyborg is still his damn bland self, but with a few booyah thrown here and there?

Raven > M'gann
Starfire > Superboy
Terra > Aqualad
TT Robin > YJ Robin

The only issue being Wally, but he's kind of a useless speedster in YJ so Beast Boy or Cyborg could take him

This one.

Teen Titans, it was childish at its core but it knew when things needed get serious. Like with Raven's arch.

I guarantee this is the same Teen Titans false flagging shitposter I see everywhere. I like the show but you're being a huge faggot

>false flagging
I don't see anything in those posts that could be construed as that.

>What's wrong with that?
Its a brand new untested platform from WB as oppose to more popular ones like Netflix. Remember Vixen was on CW Seeds? Of course you don't

>Aqualad
>mainstream comics
Kek
>Injustice
Firestorm is in Injustice
> while Cyborg is still his damn bland self
And is headlining the Justice League film. Makes me sick to my stomach. Thanks Johns you Hal loving faggot

It's almost like things were different for superhero cartoons.

Even painfully mediocre shit like The Batman could get five seasons and a movie.

>painfully mediocre
It's no TT, but being the 10th-best cartoon ever made is still far better than literal garbage like YJ.

I was gonna say that Young Justice was great because they didn't hold their audiences hand and treat them like morons. But then I saw this thread and saw that fans wanted their hand held like scared babies.

Feels bad.

>Young Justice was great because they didn't hold their audiences hand and treat them like morons

>because they didn't hold their audiences hand and treat them like morons
>implying Teen Titans ever did that

Teen Titans was designed and written for children. They couldn't even say the word 'Death' so they called Deathstroke by his first name. The characters were a straight man, a sound byte, the fish out of water so the audience can gave things explained, an emotionless stereotype and the comedic relief.

When was a single time they treated the audience like they had a shread of intelligent thought?

First of all, Slade is a MUCH better name, virtually everyone but you realizes that.
Second, I don't know what show you were watching if you think you can describe the main characters in a few words like that, but it sure wasn't Teen Titans. In fact, one of the strongest points of the show (if not the strongest) is the character depth.

>asks for single example, gets literally nothing but opinions

Yup.

I ignored the bait question, sorry.

That's fine, it just makes it seem like you can't answer it. Probably because you can't off the top of your head, because if such a moment actually existed in the show it was few and very far between

No, it's because the whole show is written for intelligent people. And also because any examples would be inherently subjective, for obvious reasons.

(Though the first few episodes of season 1 overused clichés a bit, I'll give you that. Still plenty enjoyable, though.)

Both were good. I prefer Teen Titans over Young Justice because there were no love triangles and the writers didn't neglect most of the cast.

Blue Beetle and Impulse were cool but I really wished that the writers gave other characters more focus instead of wasting time on a love triangle.

I'm not saying it isn't enjoyable. I loved it at the time. I'm just saying that it isn't intelligent and doesn't try to be

>When was a single time they treated the audience like they had a shread of intelligent thought?
Masks
How Long Is Forever
Only Human
Things Change was also pretty ballsy to end your show on, not a huge world ending battle, no happy resolution and a trite message of "things will change" to leave the younger audience at.

I'll say the only time where I thought the show was talking down to me was Troq which felt like a Static Shock episode honestly with its "racism is bad" message and being a tad too...on the nose at times.

youtube.com/watch?v=O5yBH9lQOqc

Thanks for a real answer

I had a reply but it sounded like I was moving goalposts, so I won't bother with it.

Were you not paying attention? That part was only about the early season 1 episodes.

I completely disagree on Troq, even though I normally hate episodes like that. It was an enormously important character episode for Starfire, and it also had some of the best dialogue in the show (like the end scene, and especially the well-known bait-and-switch).

>TT
None of the episodes where related too each other, with only small continuity nods l way later down the line, but most of the time it was just these superpower teen defenders getting into mishaps and stopping crimes each with their own personalities, it was only till much later in the show did we actually get characters developments and story arcs. Also memorable and lovable characters with fleshed out personality and motivations for.
>YJ
Still had memorable characters but less lovable coherent story the always built up to something a little later downs the line, its all connected. The story however had much more dramatic and mature element then TT, characters development was sparse and few. Theses are the characters, this is how most of them will always be.

In the end i would say go to TT for fun and stories and YJ for a story.

>Still had memorable characters

>None of the episodes where related too each other, with only small continuity nods
Are you retarded? Every season had an arc, right from the first one.

YJ is a festering pile of sub-par bullshit occasionally bubbling up to mediocrity. Teen Titans has no in-between, it's either very good or very bad. Still TT's highs are far higher and it's an overall more entertaining and visually better show. Young Justice is in the same realm as Sym-bionic Titan of boring trash that people pretend to like because it's a "mature" cartoon and also the circumstances surrounding the cancellation of both shows.

>Young Justice is in the same realm as Sym-bionic Titan of boring trash that people pretend to like because it's a "mature" cartoon and also the circumstances surrounding the cancellation of both shows.
THIS
H
I
S

Young Justice fucking sucks.

YJ was better because TT was made for mindless kids, and there's nothing wrong with that. It was fine when you were 10, but not when you're 15 or older. It's like a Nintendo game in that way.