I'd like someone to explain the appeal of Rick and Morty to me

I'd like someone to explain the appeal of Rick and Morty to me.

I understand nobody calls it the best show in human history, but after watching a few episodes I can't in any good faith call it better than average or worth tuning in for. And this is before I found this image on Sup Forums (which I find accurate.)

its pure reddit

Do you really need more? That image explains it perfectly.

Same reason I enjoyed Drawn Together.
It hardly ever held back on the crude humor and it often made me laugh.

That image describes Sup Forums pretty well

Is someone running a bot to post this on every thread as an experiment to see how quickly dips here regurgitate shit they see?

>Juvenile nihilism
Go fuck yourself,channer.You're knee-deep in the most juvenile nihilist website ever.You're just a contrarian hipster that can deal with the mere other people liking things you like so you create buzzwords like Reddit and normies to feel more like a unique special snowflake.You're not a connoiseur,you're a pretentious hipster

Why are all these threads made when questions like this could be asked in the same threads that already exist?

One reason I hate Rick and Morty are because faggots like OP are creating more threads unnecessarily.

Nihilistic humor is fun, sociopathy is fun, Rick Potion no. 9 ending was extremely satisfying, Rick's dissapointment in everything is something I can associate with.

>Nobody cares if you enjoy watching Rick & Morty.

i like R&M because it make me feel smart

It's a show that gives a chaotic hyper-competent protagonist play with an entire multiverse of infinite dimensions.

The concept alone is amazing, and they make it even better with incredibly creative and fun plots and smart writing.

Don't listen to @94553619, but to sincerely answer your questions OP, I'm not calling you out or anything and I don't want you to think that your opinion is meaning less but do you really think it was that bad to make a thread about bashing on a show quite a few people like even if they are normies

Why wouldn't he listen to me?
he said he wants people to explain what is appealing about the show, and that's what i did

I feel the same way, and I was surprised at how accurate the image was too. It's like it's trying too hard to do so many things like dark humor, stupid humor, and pop culture humor. Not everything mixes well together, and as a result the show feels very disjointed and more like something a low budget group of friends would think about in their spare time when there was nothing else to do. I think that's why I felt like the improv episodes with the TV surfing were better. It was doing what the show does best, different sets of humor, set place in a practical environment, TV channels. It's weird though, now that I think about it, it seems this show was trying to mix the cutaway humor style of shows like Family Guy with an expanding world and plot (if you can call family problems "plot") of shows like SU or AT. That may just be my limited knowledge of cartoons though. Nevertheless the point I'm trying to make is that Rick and Morty tries too many things it doesn't even know what to do with. A cheeseburger and a shake make a good meal, but not if they're blended together.

you have to go back

Someone should do the same picture for Steven Universe

Dude just turn off your brain lmao

The reason I like it is because it's wacky space adventures, not because it's deep or profound.
That's it, that's the appeal.

I don't think McDonalds actually brought back the sauce. They just made a jug of it for the show's creators.

Valerian got the appeal of "whacky space adventures" 1000 times better than R&M

Maybe you should just admit you hate women then?
Go on, get back to Sup Forums
shoo!

>@94553619

Valerian is what... 100 minutes of content? Combined with some shitty movie pacing, so its maybe 70 minutes of content? Thats like 3 episodes of Rick and Morty.
Thats not a lot, when you just want MORE wacky space adventures.

Then again, its not like the PLOT episodes of Rick & Morty tends to be the worst.

they had four jugs left deep in storage and gave him one of them. I doubt decades old sauce is even safe to eat

The history of the sauce on the label was clearly a joke. It was a new batch they whipped up.

>most juvenile nihilist website ever.
2008 called user, its time to come home.

Image describes the show perfect.

Fucking Reddit-tier trash.

>redditor is riding the show's dick hard whenever criticism shows up
Like clockwork.

It's funny.

> @94553619

Saved for future funposting potential.

Bingo. If there's a difference between "reddit" culture as depicted here, and the average attitude I see on Sup Forums or Sup Forums, I fail to see it.
(Sup Forums is the same, just add irreverent racism/sexism to the irreverent violence).

But it's literally just everything Sup Forums would like in a cartoon, yet Sup Forums calls ir pure reddit.
Wow, you guys really hate yourselves

Reddit and Sup Forums are more similar to each other than most redditors and 4channers care to admit.

If you don't like it then don't watch it.

@94554939
No (you) from me bern ((stien))

IS there a term for a arguement where anyone that says anything positive is seen as someone of a lower iq and thus not to be taken seriously?

It was an animated show that had back to the future, Futurama and Doctor who, but with some shocking jokes like Rick asking the kid to put stuff in his ass. Nothing great, but still fine for the public between family Guy and Futurama.

Then in the second season Dan Harmon took control and turned it into reddit, pandering to memes. It was babies first Sci fi show, with idiots believing that the reality of a cartoon that has infinite possibilities and can build everything in a garage justify his own nihilism in a world where you only has one chance.

That's it. I hope this post

>I'd like someone to explain the appeal of Rick and Morty to me.
It has a patriarch who is morally questionable. But instead of having him being a bad person who is stupid, we have a bad person who is smart.

We have way too many stupid dads in cartoons.

They are the same thing, only differences are anonymity and that Sup Forums attracts more outcasts.

I would add to that list

>anti-social rude character is a genius and cant do egoistc things and comes out of it as the winner or superior character

Thats why the show is beloved too. Because many viewers are anti-social, think they know all and see in Rick some sort of confirmation that what they are or do is ok.
Thats why the szechuan sauce gag is so beloved, because many are or can be so obsessed with something, that they celebrate the szechuan sauce running gag.

Sup Forums doesn't want to admit it's the same thing.

They're essentially the same tiers of shit, just presented differently.

Can someone just explain to me why the animation is so ugly?

The problem is more that Sup Forums or reddit wont admit that the users reflect the normal society or have the same social behaviours as everyone.

This is really elaborate bait, well done.

Style and maybe quicker production. Since they have to produce many different scenes and stuff, its quicker to draw.

>Glut of surface pop culture references
Alright, besides the recent Mad Max episode, name 5 more examples. It should be easy since there's so many.

Everything in this image is true of all adult oriented animated comedies. What sets Rick and Morty apart from, say, Family Guy is consistent characterization and development, clever plots, and the willingness to criticize atheism/nihilism. Rick's character is closer to a conservative parody of atheism--a la God's Not Dead--than a fedoralord mouthpiece.

All of Roilands stuff is ugly.

any reddit meme belongs to reddit. Stop posting reddit.

Justin Roiland is a fucking hack and a failure who keeps recycling the same characters and voices and ideas.

I really liked the first two seasons but three is shitting the bed IMO. It's basically Rick being an omnipotent god who can do anything instead of throwing him and morty into shit that's way over their head and they're just barely able to survive. You got the writer self insert directly talking to him and the audience in picklerick. Rick's personal problems should just be a backdrop to the show that keeps it interesting, not the other way around. I think we're headed straight into seasonal rot city.

sounds like their success now go to them, that they thinking this is what they all loveaboutthe series.
Abd that they had only interesting plots for 2 seasons up their sleeves.

Man, I knew this would come in handy.
I just didn't expect to get this much mileage out of it.

Jack and the beanstalk
How it's made (along with many other shows referenced in the tv improv)
Mcdonalds
Dave n' Busters
The classification of pluto as a dwarf planet
Rambo
Poptarts
Jurassic Park
To name a few

Imagine being this mad about a cartoon.

Beth and Jessica tho.

Name one Sup Forums incident comparable to (((Szechuan Sauce))).

Pop culture references are not an argument, everything has them. Everthing is a reference to something.
Rick clearly believes in God. Watch the show.
This is just Justin Roiland's style, and Mr. Poopy Butthole is in all of TWO episodes. Ooooo weeeee.
The fuck is wrong with violence? Are you gay?
This is just a random joke from one episode. Chill the fuck out.
In conclusion whoever made this only has a cursory understanding of the show. Kill yourself.

The election of (((Donald Trump)))

So?

>And this is before I found this image on Sup Forums (which I find accurate.)

The same board that calls a Brother fucking child murdering sadist /ourgirl/. Not a point in your favor user.

Well, everybody I know seems to ignore what the internet says and enjoys it for being a stupid science show. Because, despite what Reddit thinks or what Sup Forums tells me what Reddit thinks, it's just a stupid science show. Either you find it funny, or you don't. You personally don't think it's worth tuning in for, and I can respect that. I think it's worth tuning in for because sometimes I just want simple bullshit to laugh at.

Cersei did nothing wrong

You tried. :)

That feels like a mis-interpretation though, for all Rick mocks attachment, feeling and love he is show to be ruled by them. He is hunted by the lack of meaning in his life despite putting up such a devil may care front. When pushed Rick capitulates to his concern for Morty on many occasions where it's would be easier to not to and it's always portrayed as the right thing to to.

Anyone who takes away from the show that Rick is some ubermensch to aspire to is barely paying attention.

All of those were plot points except the plombus. Hardly surface references when the entire episode revolves around them.

forgot your meme colons (((anonymous)))

Funny, I'm 38 and even though I have an IQ of 160+ (super-genius) I love the incoherent nature of Rick and Morty, and other pointless toilet humor. I gotta let my CPU cool down sometimes, y'know?

>I understand nobody calls it the best show in human history

But loads of faggots actually do.

No one's gonna believe that, faggot.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them.

I'M PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

What's funny, sad and scary at the same time is that although you're being ironic someone out there as a fan of the show has a made a post just like this and is being 100% sincere.

Project Chanology.

It's just fun to watch characters who don't give a fuck, like Sherlock Holmes, Dr. House, etc. They're appealing because they're eminently competent and they aren't shackled by social niceties

Gamergate

because Sup Forums has been pure reddit/tumblr sjw garbage for years.

>Sherlock Holmes
>Dr. House
You seem to be forgetting that at least those shows tried to ride their episodic plots for what it was worth. Then when people noticed after a whlie that it was either repetitive or the overarching series plot was boring, most dropped it and hated the ending.

but you're right, Rick and Morty is well on its way