What other european comic books could be adapted in a good live action film?

I've heard this movie was a disappointment, so I was wondering, what other european comics or cartoons could be adapted in a good live action movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alatriste
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Les Nombrils

I thought that was Canadian?

....french Canadian, so basically its a french comic

Now i think about it, Lucky Luke was adapted in a live action series, how was that? has anyone watched it?
Also, totally spies could make a good movie.

The movie was really interesting in all the creative alien ideas and space stuff.

But the plot was very predictable and has had a half dozen long info dump monologues that would made you go "oh I guess this movie was made for elementary school kids since it is explaining EVERYTHING TWICE as if I were one."
Pretty great kid's first space fantasy, though, if ya got kids.

>"oh I guess this movie was made for elementary school kids since it is explaining EVERYTHING TWICE as if I were one."
Which makes it doubly hilarious when people complain that they didn't understand the plot.

>Which makes it doubly hilarious when people complain that they didn't understand the plot.

Yeah, I don't get that either. There were three flashbacks at the end.

>oh I guess this movie was made for elementary school kids since it is explaining EVERYTHING TWICE as if I were one.
Sounds like a capeshit movie

If they can get the Moebius estate to sign up for it, an Incal- or Meta Baron-movie could be an interesting project. Jodorowsky will certainly be onboard. He's more bonkers than ever now.

Speaking of Moebius/Giraud I believe Lieutenant Blueberry deserves another chance. The art of the comics was good, and the Confederate Bullion/Presidential Assassination story arc is very suited for a film trilogy adaptation.

Metabarons would make the best miniseries.
A pipe dream but one I'll continue to believe in.

I would like to see Freaks Squeele

Theodor Poussin for that pulpy french indochina meets Corto Maltese feel.

I would also like to see Tigresse Blanche but there's no way in hell that would fly in China considering how unflattering it is to everyone involved.

Why do you even ask

Non.

You mean the Terrence Hill thing? I only saw the movie/pilot and it was standard Terrence Hill fare, not much to do with Luke. They made another movie a couple years ago with Jean Dujardin and it was pretty awful.

Thing is, and Blueberry is a prime example, no reputable director is going to make a straight adaptation of a comic, they all want to bring their own thing to it and they usually make them unrecognizable.

This so much.

>Hear this movie's coming out
>Never heard of the comic, hear it's a big influence on Star Wars, and I'm on a continental sci-fi kick, so I decide to check it out
>It's pretty meh at the start
>Do more reading
>Turns out it gets really good after the spatio-temporal agency goes evil and Valerian and Laureline have to go freelance
>pick it up again
>it's so much fun
>the characters play off each other great
>Laureline is best waifu

Then it turns out the movie just removed all their chemistry, all the time travel, never mentions Laureline's backstory, which is the whole reason the two work, and just goes in the big pile of "movies sci-fi directors made because Avatar made their dicks feel small" next to Prometheus.

I'd watch the fuck out of it.

Thorgal would be sweet.

Second that

also Sanctum by Bec
and Seuls (Alone)

So I got every issue in english from 1 to 22. Is it worth tracking down Bad Dreams or is there a reason why that shit isn't in english?

>it worth tracking down Bad Dreams?
Well is a pretty mediocre issue, only worth if you want to see how Laurine became a spatial-temporal agent.

Theodor Poussin or, if you're really feeling like seeding wind to reap fucking hurricans, Rails.

It's about Rastafari railway pirates terrorizing the flyover states until white supremacist battle trains crush their Zion (and kill each other in infighting right afterwards).

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I just read the first chapter and it seems fun.

oui

Bad Dreams was back when the series still wasn't sure if it wanted to be more than a pale imitation of Vagabonds in Limbo.

Tramp? Le Donald in france?

Universal War series on HBO.

Aletriste never had love in USA but as movie it is fucking glorious

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alatriste

Fraks is nice one but the story is really fucking complicated. it either need whole TV-season or more than 2 movies to develop all shit. or it will killed by hackers like they killed the Valerian.

>big pile of "movies sci-fi directors made because Avatar made their dicks feel small" next to Prometheus.
No it goes on the "underwheminbg waifubait Luc Besson movie" pile with 80% of his work.

The only good Lucky Luke are the animated ones.

I've read the first volume. They'll have to improve the storuy and character a lot.

Corto Maltese had some nice animated movies, quite will done to!

Lanfeust de Troy (or even better, Trolls) and chroniques de la lune Noire would make good TV series.

the only thing the frogs hate more than foreigners trying to speak french are canadians pretending that whatever it is they speak in quebec is french

What the fuck? Xique-xique is a small town in my state. Nothing hellish about it, as far as I know.

>Blueberry Chihuahua Pearl
can you afford alink to spare us?

what happende to franco belgian threads?

Nicolas Winding Refn was supposedly going to adapt The Incal at one point. That's pretty much dead now though.

Was this any good?

So, "tete" doesn't have "^" above the first e. Does that change it into a different meaning?

>Can you link us a spare

corrected

Unironically would want Snyder to adapt this.

this is it, no one give a fuck anymore, poltards have scared away serious posters

>that liu

what's that sci fi one?

metal

The Italian Tex could be live action