Is it safe to say that South Park remained good much longer than other long-running animated series?

Is it safe to say that South Park remained good much longer than other long-running animated series?

Not really, no.

Yes, the fact that they still put out great episodes that are entertaining and feel like the show is amazing to me.

Yes, the fact that many people consider season 10 to be well within the show's golden age speaks volumes about this.

Because they have the same writer throughout. What does Groening do for The Simpsons besides sit around and collect checks? And it's not like they've kept any other head writer around for more than a decade.

DUDE
FART JOKES
LMAO

You betcha

The later seasons may have more misses than hits. Yet over all, yes. It has stayed fresher than any long running series to date. Even The Simpsons peaked at maybe season 9-12. Depending on shit tastes in humor from mass consuming under age faggots. South Park during the last couple of seasons with the stupid gimmick of having things carry over throughout the season kept it fresh for a while, but it just ended up biting them in the ass when Shillary lost the election, and they had no backup episode ending. I hope those dumb asses learn their lesson. they are out of touch, and full of themselves.

Better than most for sure. Even now it's still entertaining despite the noticeable drop in quality, which is difficult to say for The Simpsons.

For a show of its lifespan, I'd say yes. Every now and then it takes a quality nosedive, and then comes back from it. Although each "resurgence" seems weaker than the last.

Yes. But king of the hill and aqua teen are big contenders. King of the Hill was still watchable all the way through but definitely a quality drop by season 9, but with south park, they had Hell on Earth 2006, Night of the Living Homeless, and Major boobage in their post season 10 episodes. I say South Park finally dropped in significant quality at season 14 and thought the coon saga sucked. Aqua Teen just got canceled at season 11, but was still as good as season 1, so we'll never know how well it would do by season 14.
this.

we are the fedoras three.
as euphoric a band as you ever did see.

pic related ist the most consistent

wow this meme really has lost all meaning

I don't think so. SP exhausted its genuine creative energy by the time its movie came out. After that you see increasingly lazy, self-referential, pop-culture inspired content. That's not to say there aren't 'good' episodes after 1999, but they're fewer and more dull.

That being said, the niche that SP has carved for itself among disaffected adolescent boys with its mocking satire and cynicism is incredibly lucrative. There's a reason teenagers still think SP is cutting edge and smart even today.

King of the Hill would like a word with you.

not an argument, fedora shitter.

It allowed for different storylines than sitcom-style shows like Family Guy or The Simpsons, so, yes. But it also became normie-ized without realizing it unfortunately.

Kind of like Grand Theft Auto.

Gen X has gotten too old.

weak as fuck, kid

still not an argument, projecting brat.

what about their posts is even fedora worthy outside of you being mad for some reason?

>, but it just ended up biting them in the ass when Shillary lost the election, and they had no backup episode ending. I hope those dumb asses learn their lesson. they are out of touch, and full of themselves.
The real problem is the season-long story arc, they have always taken a guess with presidential elections - with Bush,twice with Obama - it's just that this time it was a big ass story arc from the whole season that hinged on that rather than just 1 episode. Besides, didn't they say they are going back to serial format?

nothing, it's that time of the month again.

good times with weapons came out in 2004

There's no debating taste.

they hinged on basic episodic structure revolving criticizing whatever politician was hot at the time, and since the Trump deal was all over the place they immediately danced around the subject and used Mr Garrison as a stand-in to avoid directly referencing him.

they're total pussies. and so are you for shielding yourself behind a shitposter facade, you thread menstruating bitchface.

as mine is undebatably superior

They had already established Garrison as a Trump stand-in before they started fucking around with the election stuff.

>their
>trying to act like you aren't one of the fedoras

little bitchy whiner thought he was slick. NOPE. stay mad, fedora tipper.

>he's a phoneposter

oh look, another triggered fedorian.

tell your superior what's REALLY got you so angry you bitchy little faggot.

ease up, cutie

not an argument, kid. stick to huffing your mouth fedora if you can't hang.

Hey look, someone just told Trey Parker about the neckbeard meme

>being THIS desperate and obsessed with a response from your superiors

cringing and laughing at the same time.

stick to your desktop and maybe you'll fuck up less next time, bab.

daily reminder modern sp is microwaved dog cum mixed with a couple black mamba venom drops in a martini glass for good measure

[cooldown in 10 seconds]

I bet you unironically like Rick and Morty

What makes you say that.

fuck me dude imagine being this autistic. praise be to God I am not this guy right here and now.

You mean they avoided blatantly referencing Trump like literally all the rest of the media was doing already?

Wow, it would have been so edgy and cool if they attacked a politician that normies have been programmed to hate without even understanding why. Fucking idiot.

more like they half-assed their take on it.

I know your butthurt keeps you from thinking critically but at least try to gauge the vital portions of the post your quote.

Fucking idiot.

Every episode nowadays is a bunch of political crap filled in with overly dramatic scenes and elegant music scores.

The show became more idiotic in hand overall, and the animation is actually smooth, nothing looks like construction paper anymore. It literally violates the premise of the show's animation.

Hard to say, it kept itself "solid enough" for a surprisingly long time, but then you need to realize that it has actually been getting shorter and less regular seasons so it is only natural that it would rot "slower" then something like The Simpsons and Family Guy.

And well, the latest season kinda speaks for itself.

>inbred retard who can't make an argument tries to pretend that all of those posts are ONE guy

imagine being so stupid and arrogant. holy shit. cringe.

Yeah, I'd say actually BAD episodes are few and far between.

>t. never watched old episodes

South Park is still pretty good, and miles ahead the competition. But still the PC Principal thing is complete horse shit.

Oh sure, a bunch of the old episodes have something related to politics, but it wasn't literally designated as "A PLOT RIGHT IN YOUR DAMN FACE".

To be honest i think they CAN do long running storylines but they should be "background", the issue with the election and PC Principal is that they put too much focus on it.

I mean Kenny Dies kinda had a fairly long storyline (Kenny Dies, replaced by Butters, Butters becomes Professor Chaos, etecetera) up until Ladder to Heaven, but that one was a motivation to get INTO the PLOT OF THE EPISODE, not the PLOT OF THE EPISODE itself, and when shit was episodic even if you didn't enjoy a storyline you ahd hope for a new good one for the next one, while this latest one was just the same 4 or so ones dragged out, which meant even if you liked one you still needed to sit through the ones you disliked.

In Season 17 you didn't NEED to watch Ginger Cow to watch Black Friday or Taming Strange.

It's been hit and miss lately. The tbs episodes just feel kinda off