Is this true, Sup Forums?

Is this true, Sup Forums?

I can confirm that we think we're secret evil masterminds putting up a false front, but we're really machine ghosts piloting a superpowered shell

It's probably an even mix of the two. America isn't black and white, one side versus the other, there's a lot of grey to it in between. There are qualities of Captain America that represent us, and there are also qualities of Iron Man. These qualities don't have to be at odds with each other all the time, all of them can be important.

I just wish they'd quit arguing over who gets to be the bottom and just dick each other already. Get it over with.

and somehow that is a genuinely accurate description of america right now

They both represent freedom, either personal liberty or economic freedom.

You mean Tony Stark, the philanthropist? The guy who wanted accountability for anyone with super powers/weapons? The guy constantly trying to right his own wrongs? The one who creates various inventions to help make the world a better place? Huh, well that sounds pretty good.

It's currently far less competent than either.

>just dick each other already
Reminder that there was a universe where Civil War never happened because they got married and fucked.

Replace Tony with Hydracap in the green uniform and you got it.

>The guy constantly trying to right his own wrongs

Only to fuck it up more in the process

>America thinks it's a pseudo-nazi but is really a dead asshole.

Well that does describe our operations in the middle east pretty well.

Are you trying to start Civil War all over again?

(I am with you, 100%. Tony all the way. But... what have you unleashed?)

>asshole

Yeah, what an asshole.

It's not like he saved the world more than a dozen times.

I feel like that would make Civil War even more likely.

Who are the supers going to answer to? Who would you entrust with that much power?

a bunch of people on Sup Forums have never actually read an iron man book

saved the world and put it on danger with his fuck ups*

the worst part is how people give shit to other heroes like Pym and Cap for their fuck ups yet Tony gets a free pass

America thinks it's a Nazi, but is really a fifteen year old black girl with Autism?

Can we have an edit where cap is fucking Riri? It's for science.

She is 19 and she just antisocial.

This is not a tangerine balanced on the nuclear football.
That also somehow ruins global economy and actively prevents peace in the Middle East for geostrategic purposes that become self-defeating because antagonising half the region directly causes them to seek refuge in the alliance that was feared in the first place. But somehow the moldy rug still looks more threatening than the IED with the turban...

>the worst part is how people give shit to other heroes like Pym and Cap for their fuck ups yet Tony gets a free pass

If you're talking in universe, Tony was pretty much crucified for the entirety of Civil War by other heroes for Steve's death. I'm guessing you also didn't read Hickman's Avengers where he literally got smacked around by Cap for fucking with his memories.

As for Cap, everything is going to get cosmic cubed anyway and go back to the status quo like it always does with these shittily written events that try to turn heroes into ultimate villains.

Funny considering she acts like a she's fucking 13.

The current white house administration is kinda like Eric Cartman, in the sense that they are evil enough to murder and torture people but also ignorant enough to not know girls don't have balls

>he was pretty much crucified for the entirety of Civil War by other heroes for Steve's death

and you behave like he didn't deserve it?

>I'm guessing you also didn't read Hickman's Avengers where he literally got smacked around by Cap for fucking with his memories.

Do you think that's seriously enough?

Yeah, the heroes gave him shit for the death of Steve but once the guy was back nobody said shit (add how Tony mindwiped himself and gave himself a free slate). That also brings up a point you conveniently forgot, the death of Bill Foster and the creation of Ragnarok.

Both Reed Richards and Tony Stark didn't receive shit for the death of Bill Foster and the only comeuppance they got was on World War Hulk, and even then, it was largely thanks to them shooting the Hulk into space; Bill Foster's death was an afterthought.

May I remind you about the prison 42 too? Nobody gave Tony and Reed shit for incarcerating their friends into the Negative Zone where they faced Blastaar, Annihilus and other would be conquerors.

I can't spin my head around the thought that all this stuff is far more atrocius than anything Cap (yeah, incarcerating the Illuminati was fair and righteous, as they choose to deal with the incursion issue without asking for the help of everyone else) and Pym ever did

You can't have personal liberty without economic freedom and vice versa.

cont*
and yet, people give far more shit to people like Carol, Cap and Pym for comparatively minor issues

anyone else not surprised that Steve "I know I'm not qualified but let me try out again with falsified records in a different recruitment center" Rogers has issues being told what to do (the whole UN supervision thing)?

>Tony gets a free pass

Do you know what a 'paradox' is, user?

She is fifteen. Not nineteen. Fifteen.

In Trump's defense - and who is the sage who could have predicted this? - he hasn't started any wars just yet.

That's just Civil War being written shittily. Everybody was acting out of character.

Because the writer was Mark Millar.

>he hasn't started any wars just yet.
He is escalating the war in Afghanistan again and he quadrupled the number of drone strikes even though drones kill the wrong target 90% of the time according to studies.

>and you behave like he didn't deserve it?
Never said he didn't deserve it.

As for the rest of your post(s), yes I agree that everything he's done is comparatively worse than what Cap and Pym has ever done. I'm not trying to absolve him of any blame and say that he was innocent of the crimes he's commited.

It also doesn't help that the writers have made him a pivotal and influential hero in the Marvel universe, so he's bound to show up in big events and scenarios in future stuff where his presence is needed but the only way they can do that is if they "wipe the slate clean" so to say.

I'm not very good at putting thoughts into words and I usually lurk so I hope my point somehow gets across, user.

Haha. I don't think you understand the recruitment drive of WW2 if you think Steve wasn't doing what he was being told to do.

that second quote was meant for fuck me.

>In Trump's defense
Hi Cletus.

Well, if it's for science

I know, I know...

I'm not even American. I feel like we are all collectively living in a sitcom now. That man just is not President.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE

>I'm not even American, and I want my green card!

Jesus God, no. I'm Dutch. There is no way for me to upgrade. Where would I go?

more of the whole "I have to serve in the front lines" mentality.
I know they brought it up in the actual movie (Bucky mentioning there is no shame doing factory or salvaging work) but why does Steve actually have to fight (serum or no)?

and now I keep thinking Steve Rogers the spartan telling Leonidas to let him be in the Thermopylae.

No. Putting aside circumstantial complications, Stark is a weird mixture of libertarian practices with some liberal values thrown in at the end of the day, and as selfish as he seems, he never truly acts solely out of self-interest. He also isn't one bit religious, and separation of church and state still isn't applied wholesale in the American political system.

>even eurotrash have to suck Drumpf cock to be admitted into that shithole USA

I'm definitely okay with this. Moar please!

ayy fpbp

>libertarian
>never truly acts solely out of self-interest
lol

Hmmm. I'm not a huge cap fan. And I don't like riri at ALL, but Riri getting AMERICAed by Steve feels right somehow.

Mars

>we're really machine ghosts piloting a superpowered shell

Fuck.

Who America really is:

i'm not reading iron man right now but is he really a machine ghost?

stark built and AI as a contigency plan. So you have tony stark AI piloting his armor while the real tony is in a coma.

Not him, but even the terrible things he does, Stark usually does with good intentions, or as a way to protect what elements of the superhero community he still can (I.E. law abiding ones.) It's his "I'm the futurist and this is the solution to our problem NO BUTS." kind of mentality that leads him to fuck up. On some level, even if Tony's the villain of a story, his endgame agenda usually has an element of altruism in there somewhere.

rly makes you think

America an alcoholic?

>implying America would defend it's patriotic values
>implying the average American has any idea how technology of any kind works

Let me put it this way, you know how iconic villains are well known outside their medium, simply because their pathos resonates a kind of common fear in the consumer, or simply because they have a bitching design?

The main villains people knew before the cinematic rush were a mentally ill clown, a man who irrationally hated altruistic people, and a jew who could make guns useless.

What I'm saying is, the US is Stryker. You fear the future, you fear progress, and you fear anyone who isn't like you. Hell, if you had any tolerance for scientists or the crippled I'd say you were that billionaire from the third deus ex game, who drove people into insanity due to fearing control AND people who might progress society too quickly.

first post best post.

Stark digitized his mind and has been jumping from one cybernetic 3d printed meatsuit to another for over a decade.

>Not libertarian
This guy ended a senate hearing with the boastful claim that he "successfully privatized world peace."