Whatever happened to Tim Drake?

Whatever happened to Tim Drake?

He was by far the best Robin especially over that little shit called Damian.

Why did they put him in the backroom and never speak of him again? Hell even the previously dead Jason Todd has more stories now.

Being the middle child is hard, they don't get much attention

His character became shit.

Teen Titans by Lobdell happened and in that he was a complete piece of shit. Most importantly, it was in the relatable shitty way, so it stuck with fans. They made him into a bit of a slut like dick which put off a lot of his fans, became a bit of a Mary Sue.

He'll be back after Doomsday Clock, but they need to bring his character back to its basics.

I miss Tim.

>legacy characters

enjoy becoming irrelevant the next time a writer decides to change shit up

>He was by far the best Robin

Timfags, everyone

>Tim

cass and Tim had a thing? I was out of the comic scene in this period. I checked out just after No Mans Land and came back only recently.

>He was by far the best Robin especially over that little shit called Damian.
Fuck off, nostalgiafag. He was an annoying and desperate attempt to appeal to kids with his fucking 1337 hax0r skillz and he was a Mary Sue. And not the buzzword kind of Mary Sue, I mean an actual Mary Sue: he was introduced into the comic, immediately was the best at everything and everyone liked him.

Being the most boring vanilla Robin finally caught up to him

Except not really because he never died and Batman now knows that. Meaning he'll be back soon.

Tim should be duck themed

What's your vote for better Robin?

I think he means character wise, they're bringing him back, but that didn't matter unless they manage to find something to do with him other than another Prop in an overcrowded Detective.

Not a serious thing. Just another pointless attempt to convince uninterested readers of his heterosexuality.

Damian.

Dick
Damian is contextually better though when paired with Dick

>Batgirl fulfills Tim's role as the super-intelligant Hacker to a T while being a cute girls.
It's over Timfags, just accept it and move on.

>he's having his tantrum again

I agree with you completely but the batfags on this board are all edgelords or silver age fetishists, so this basically amounts to a bait thread here.

Sorry this board is such shit.

>why did they make him one of the integral parts in the main mystery of DC Rebirth
Gee, man, I sure don't know.

Carrie Kelley. Everyone sucks Tim's dick for wanting to help Batman without a tragic backstory, but she did it first, and had more personality too.

Tim has been awful since IC. I seriously don't understand how would anyone think his Red Robin book was great because he was completely a Mary Sue in it.

That's why people liked it.

How did we get to the point where the same character, still age 36, has this huge procession of teenaged wards as sidekicks? Are the fans that fickle or the writers, or both?

Explain the need for this faggotry to me.
If Batman is going to be in this eternal time-loop that even ignores some major continuity shifts, where does this need for Fresh sidekicks come from?

I like buzzcut Tim Drake

Not this guy but I hated it exactly for the reasons he says. It was exactly the sort of phoning-it-in garbage that Nicieza and others did that led to X-Men going from #1 worldwide to utter fucking dogshit.

I mean look at this shit, Ra's al Ghul has been alive for a thousand years or so, seen countless warriors come and go, and yet he can't suck Tim's dick fast enough, not to mention him talking up Tim when he usually reserves his respect for DE-TEC-TIVE was part of their attempt to push Tim as Batman Junior... but it should've been obvious then that Damian would occupy that role forevermore, even when Morrison eventually went through with his plans to kill him.

Care to explain why do you think Damian is better than Tim,Damifag? because he is an worse mary sue who always did nothing wrong, and his only trait excluding being a complete mary sue is being a asshole.

That is right through. Damian was ok with Dickbats

hes a prison bitch right now

Weren't her parents druggies though?

I liked BTAS Tim.

It was that line of thinking that lead to the 5 years timeline in the New 52.

The only thing Tim had going for him was being the modern Robin. He doesn't have that anymore and doesn't really have a role anymore.

BTAS Tim was Jason 0.2.

My guess is that the writers are going to put him in TT or revive YJ once Tim gets back. It makes since especially if the rumors about the TT and Titans roster getting altered are true.

I can't see anything being done with him in the Bat books due to all the characters that are already there.

He should go the spiteful rout like Jason but it being Tim he should do it intelligently, so he drops the bat family for Gordon and becomes a GPD cop. Would you read a run of Tim Drake Homicide Detective?

I made a joke based on Tim's last name. Damian didn't even come to mind.

Dick has never been irrelevant.

It would work regarding gimmicks. But only if Gorden were in on it and knew he was part of the family.

Tim had a good run. Let him rest.

Mary Sue get shit done Damian is likely to fall on his face because of his personality.

Damian is normally doing something wrong.

Dick and Damian work out well because their personalities work well together.

Your parents being ex-hippie potheads isn't a "tragic backstory", it was just an excuse for why they didn't notice she was missing.

Tim Drake's excuse was his parents were jet-setting upper-class twits, and then that his mom was dead and his dad as comatose/crippled/eventually dead too.

I just find Carrie more believable in every way.

Tim is quintessentially Robin. They put him on ice during Rebirth because they need to find a good place for him. With Damian on the Teen Titans and Dick on Titans it leaves little room to work with.

We do know he is coming back September and Duke will probably be out of the picture once Snyder develops his Meta(l) ability. By that logic we will have Tim as Batmans protege again, possibly as a roaming Batfamily member.

His character itself was a boy scout who was extremely intelligent. He gets along a little too well with everyone within the Batfamily due his pragmatism. Not to mention to mention there are only a handful of Tim stories I actually remember vividly, most of which are from a "meh" Teen Titans run.

Shit nigga, that sounds great. Tim going a full career cop who trains and builds up a specialized unit of SWAT officers dedicated to dealing with Meta/super criminals. I would love to see them demonstrate his intelligence again. Tim was usually goaded as the smartest of the Robins (Lets bypass Damian's super intellect). Without Batman he would of probably went on to work at S.T.A.R. Labs or something.

>Tim becomes a literal detective
>Becomes Gordon's right hand
>A bridge between the bats and the greater GPD
>Gets a trench coat and bros up with Constantine some times
>In the future it's not Barbra that's commissionaire anymore, it's Tim

Nah. It was them becoming more closer with each other when Stephanie died. Basically as shown Bruce sent Tim to Bludhaven, but decided to also send Cass there to watch him. The time made them bond more, but their feelings were never more than just friends.

Now OYL and Slade-drugged up Cass on the other hand.

Tim grows to dislike vigilantism because he thinks it creates more problems than it solves and becomes full opposite-day Jason. Maybe he gets in good with The Wall too. Fund it.

So basically a way more rational and thoughtful way like Stephanie is doing right now.

I'd read a Tim and Steph cop book.

>more believable
Yes because a man dressing as a bat and taking sidekicks in green and red spandex needs to have believable characters.

>Damian's coat that he wears in the future is just Tim's old detective coat made into part of the bat costume

I'd rather just have Tim/Cass. They have a much more natural dynamic in balancing each other. Tim is the mind. Cass is the brawn. Stephanie's the WILD CARD BITCHES to them both.

Oh my god Kill yourself.

Which also parallels their two mindsets. Tim wants a life beyond being a vigilante, yet Cassandra is one who wants to fully embrace it. Stephanie is more Tim-like. She isn't in this for the long haul. Kind why it makes sense that in Tim's mind he envisioned Cass more as the real heir to Bruce than everyone else he is so damn bias against Damian.

Any particular reason you capitalized that K?

Well, the little shit did beat him up to prove a "point"

So, will he ever get a new codename? Red Robin was lame

>A Batman's kid irrelevant ever

Last time i checked Damian, Jason and Dick had a book

All the other Robins have something special about them. Dick was the first, and is known by casuals because of the Adam West TV shows and cartoons. Jason's got the whole death/resurrection bad boy thing going, and Damian is Bruce's biological son. Tim has always been the "normal" Robin, which doesn't lend itself well to him having a lot to offer if he's no longer part of the Dynamic Duo

How dare you!
Tim is the Robin with the stick, and he will always be remembered for that

Dick already did the whole Robin turned cop thing

>still named Red Robin
>current costume is just a Robin costume with 2 R's

Maybe when his fans and writers are able to move on and accept a new angle, then the character will as well but until then he's pointless

Nah, Damian's taken that away from him too. As he's become less lethal he often swaps his katana for a bo staff

Which is why he should go to investigator or work at Star Labs. But then he'd be like Luke Fox so....

>tim
>best robin

damian's new costume sucks

Damn, thats brutal

It doesn't help that hating on Tim is legitimately a Sup Forums meme and most people here probably got into Batman through the cartoons, which was all about Dick (even when he looked and acted like Tim).

This is also true. To's art was nice, but the writing was pure Timfag fanfic. And I say this as someone that genuinely liked Tim.

Which one is his color btw?

Nightwing is blue
Red Hood is well, red
Damian is green, i think?
Duke is yellow

Carrie is a nothing character.

She has so little time devoted to her you couldn't possibly say anything serious about her personality without scrumming from other Robins.
Tim was Robin for 20 years or more. Carried his own series- first Robin to do so- for nearly all of it.
Saying Carrie has more personality than Tim is pure memefaggotry.
You can just not like him without pretending like there's something objective about your shit taste, and stop embarrassing yourself.

They should make him into an Oracle kind of character.

someone didn't read red robin.

I prefer the costume from Inc/Batman & Robin more too, but I dig the idea of his costume being sort of regal looking too, taking inspiration from Bruce and Ra's and becoming it's own thing

He actually was which is why DC was planning to kill him.

The collared cape and tunic look great, but the green parts look just toyetic.

This September

Only because Didio doesn't like him.

Fan outrage was the only reason it didn't happen.

He's still stuck being written by Tynion though

It actually was considered because he became so irrelevant that there was no place anymore. Him being Batman is what boosted his popularity before it dropped again in n52 where Grayson is what saved him this time.

>no place anymore
*for him

Every Robin has a stick

Teen Titans cartoon made that clear with Dick using a staff

The only one who didn't use one was Jason Todd, and we know how he turned out in the end

There's a difference between "he can't carry a solo series right now, we need to come up with a new angle" and "kill the motherfucker"

Didio was the only one in camp B

>Stop fondling my nipples and listen!
What the fuck DC?

WILDCARD BITCHES!

Why do timfags hate damian so god damn much?

and why would anyone like Tim?

It started with Tim. The TT cartoon Robin using a staff is because the cartoon versions of Dick like to crib a lot of traits from Tim, and have done so ever since BTAS.

Clearly Didio wasn't the only one because DC were seriously planning to get rid of him before they changed their minds last minute.

I agree

Even the Young Justice version of Dick took that shit from Tim. All Tim got in that series is a Buzz Cut

It really needs to be her catchphrase.

>Why do timfags hate damian so god damn much?

They get annoyingly obsessive about it, but I totally get it. From their perspective, Damian "stole" the Robin mantle from Tim.

A budding relationship with an Amazon and an adopted kryptonian?

I'm not fan of either nor I'm the OP, but I have been here long enough to say that Damian fans have more hate towards Tim than the other way around.

>Damian fans have more hate towards Tim than the other way around.
I think that might just be Damifag.

I can easily recognize her unique style and trust me, it's not just her.

they should just make a Tim and Damian book, they have a unique chemistry and forcing them together could be entertaining

I am a Timfag but I do recognize that his character is flawed because he never outgrew his role as robin.
So, how do we fix him?

I see a lot of other people making fun of Tim for being boring, but Damifag is the only one who actively and vitriolically hates Tim

I know Timfags want him to take up the cowl, but honestly Tim is the Robin for whom it would make the most sense that he hangs up the cape. Like his whole shtick is that he's a good detective - let him become a PI.