00s - late 00s...

>00s - late 00s, cartoons are either largely if not completely episodic comedies going by the example set by most 90s shows, or action shows doing the same with little in between

>2010, suddenly Adventure Time and MLP FIM come out gaining cult like fanbases, blending what appear to be typical super young kid friendly shows with elements of action, adventure, and humor into one with lore/story driven elements
>Nearly every really popular show since then has basically followed this blueprint with some exceptions

We can basically attribute the modern age of shows like SU, Star, to these two shows right?

Other urls found in this thread:

derpibooru.org/1139982
youtube.com/watch?v=mzV4eOMKYpw
derpibooru/1058961
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>00s - late 00s, cartoons are either largely if not completely episodic comedies going by the example set by most 90s shows, or action shows doing the same with little in between
You're insane. Good cartoons were a 2000s thing, with the exception of the mystery genre.

Yes.
MLP and AT both saved western tv animation from an untimely demise.

If you're going to copy my post without attribution, at least do it right!

not op but you are hilariously wrong. Mid 2000s networks were struggling to maintain the interest of their audience and kept cancelling their cartoons in favor of cheap, live action tween sitcoms and reality tv contest shows.

>Barney
>saving anything
kys

>2010, suddenly Adventure Time and MLP FIM come out gaining cult like fanbases, blending what appear to be typical super young kid friendly shows with elements of action, adventure, and humor into one with lore/story driven elements
MLP didn't become serialised until season 4, and that's widely accepted as the time the show entered seasonal rot.

No they didm't cartoons now suck with shows like Teen Titans go ad Powerpuff Girls

user, you're just asking for trouble using a Star Vs. pic as your OP image...

No they did not

>2010
>millennials who grew up on anime start getting into cartoon productions while serialized entertainment is super popular in the rest of the tv landscape

It doesn't take a genius to figure this out

There have always been serialized shows such as Avatar Justice League Ben 10 Danny Phantom Superman TAS and Teen Titans

Three of which are capeshit series, and three of which are also explicitly animesque. Try again.

yes, they did

Stop posting this shit chart with overrated shows and animesque garbage.

mlp is basically responsible for the fandoms as we know them today.

More AT than MLP. Trying to replicate MLP is like trying to catch Lightning in a bottle. Many attempts were made, none were successful.

Trying to replicate AT was easy, cheap, and profitable and is still being done today.

No they didn't there were good shows like Flapjack howder Str Wars The Clone Wars The Secret Saturdays VAtar Wolverine and The XMen and Spectacular Spiderman

Die you degenerate Barneyfag
That's Boulder, Maud Pie's pet rock
derpibooru.org/1139982

Cartoons stopped trying to rip off Spongebob/Rocko's Modern Life/South Park (Mostly) and started trying to be like MLP.

Some tried and failed, some (Like Steven Universe) set the bar low and failed anyway. But to blame MLP for SU's existence would be like blaming Flintstones or The Simpsons for SU's existence. Maybe you should stop trying to stir up MLP hate and start putting the blame for the fandom's actions on the fandom.

Or are you too afraid of hive minds to disagree with them?

youtube.com/watch?v=mzV4eOMKYpw

And yet none of them succeed in doing something good with their stories or executing well.

The "episodic with bits of lore" format doesn't work. It probably could, but so far it hasn't.

Goddamn it, I just want another Avatar.

>overrated
Everyone seems to hate them...?

Kill yourself faggot
derpibooru/1058961

>MLP didn't become serialised until season 4, and that's widely accepted as the time the show entered seasonal rot.
By who? Season 4 and 5 are the most consistently good seasons.

I disagree

I agree

___________________________________________________________________________Ok_______________________________________________________________

MLP had very little of that, the show staff themselves admitted they played fast and loose with continuity and most of it was fandom autism.

(You)

We had this exact same thread last week OP, with the same copy paste and OP image.

I'm not gonna type or look for what I posted last time, but just know that both AT and MLP are probably the two most influential cartoons of the decades, but AT, as well as Gravity Falls, owe a lot to Flapjack, which both gave their show creators, Ward and Hirsh, tons of experience as well as style to add to their own ways of drawing and animating.

That's not even going into how Studio disagreements and suggestions help either as well.

Adventure Time inspired action shows with subpar animation.

MLP inspired SoL shows with adventure aspects and made networkswant to hire female cartoon creators.

Both started the trend of every cartoon getting its own autistic tumblr fandom.

Because 2000 we had no internet in case we lost one episode. It had to be as much episodic as possible.

>autism
as to be expected

IT'S HIM!
I LOVE YOU LEE

>We can basically attribute the modern age of shows like SU, Star, to these two shows right?
Try anime.
There is a reason anime got so popular, it actually had continuity and something you couidl look forward to.
also they arent even close to being first western show with episode to episode continuity, what the fuck man.

>barneyfag appears

Its not even him. Its just another faggot copycat. The real one was doxxed a while ago and got scared off Sup Forums forever

It's possible that it could save the 2D animation film industry.
Not going to get my hopes up but I shall find out in October.

No it won't. Barney is shit! SHIT!

kys

>reposting a thread
Go back to a week ago or something, this already happened

But tbch star is not the outcome of anything you said
Most of it is from Nefcy being a weeb and loving lots of magical girl anime
Hell Marco was supposed to be obsessed with dbz canonically but disnot was like nah

That's pretty false user, it was a cult by season 1 and a half
By the end of season 2/beginning of season 3 it was pretty decently popular everywhere
Especially with the Weird Al episode in season 3
People lost their chite