This show hasn't been good since season 1 episode 10. I was really hoping that the awful 2nd season was just a fluke...

This show hasn't been good since season 1 episode 10. I was really hoping that the awful 2nd season was just a fluke, but it looks like all R&M has given us are manchildren that think nihilism is cool and a poor understanding of how character development works.

I can't wait for the show to end so this cancerous fanbase can die off.

Name three shows currently airing that are better

I think tv in general is having a garbage season.

People didn't really talk about it during the break, so to answer your question: it has a fan base at the moment because it's somewhat well animated and currently airing.

OK KO
We Bare Bears
Camp Camp (if this counts)
The Loud House
Gumball
Adventure Time
Steven Universe (it's not good but it's better than RnM)
Clarence (not over quite yet)
Star VS.
Milo Murphy's law
Stuff I'm probably forgetting

I partially agree but about halfway through s2 it started to improve.

I never asked a question.

I don't watch much tv (which is stupid because I'm preparing to work in it), but in the little bit I have this season I feel this weird dissonance where tv keeps trying to compare itself to the ends of epic dramas like Game of Thrones and accessible little episodics like NCIS, and very little of it knows how much of each they want to balance.

Like writers are trying to convince themselves they have a vision even though they're unsure of who that vision is for.

>Loud House
>Steven Universe

I think that's where it went wrong the most. The whole birdperson thing was so forced.

I wish the characters continued going through the arcs of the first season rather than a continuation of "haha i don't care, but i really do, but i actually don't" that we've been getting the whole run. It got so old so fast.

>implying Reddit and Memey was ever good

That's exactly how I've felt with R&M. I compare it a lot to Moral Oral where the writers made a clear decision to go from silly satire to character studies and ended the show appropriately(despite the sudden cancellation).

While Season 2 was definitely a lot worse than the first season, there were a few gems hidden throughout. This year has been completely shit and I honestly can say aside from the premiere I haven't even cracked a smile.

Part of me feels that all the memeing has ruined the show, but that always was there it just became much more popular season 2 on.

>This year has been completely shit
The entire season hasn't even aired yet.

Oh jeez thanks OP, I saw the other 3 threads about how shitty R&M is but I wouldn't be able to sleep without knowing your specific opinion,

It's been two episodes.

Sorry I meant to say so far. And 3 episodes is almost half a season for Rick and Morty.

Boy, I can't wait for Rick and Morty to be ten years old, so we'll be able to discuss it without it becoming a Fedora "nihilism is cool" Tippers vs. Autistic "nihilism sucks" Intellectuals every single fucking it.

This, there'll be some good times had in those threads.

I feel like in general this uncertainty is because we're at the crossroad of television and streaming. But Rick and Morty is established enough to where it doesn't need to worry about it as much as the rest of "season" tv.

The thing with Rick and Morty in particular is that it's never really done anything too ridiculous to affirm the more inane fan atmosphere, but at the same time it's done less and less to be great and worthy of defense from that stereotype. I feel like objectively it's just there, and people use the shitposting points to fill in the gaps because the reality of it is inoffensively stagnant.

Same thread over and over.

Not bait but most of those shows are aimed at children.
Rick and Morty deliberately aims it's jokes at audiences older than 18 (teenagers like it anyways).

R&M is successful because it doesn't have a competitor in its niche.
It will continue to be so until Dan Harmon stops making episodes, it gets stale, or another show in the same niche gains popular foothold.

The episode about the universe powering Rick' s shit was pretty good.

AWWWW YEAAAAAAH

EVERYBODY GET SCHWIFTY XD

TAKE OFF YOU PANTIES

SHIT ON THE FLOOR XD

>Not bait but most of those shows are aimed at children.
And now you understand the mentality of the average user

Rick and Morty is aimed at children. It's just as immature as any of those shows. Just edgier.

And it was stale from the start.

Haha no. Get out of here.

bullshit, a day didn't go by the entire break someone didn't mention this show to me

what a blowhard.

I believe the thing about Rick is, he has had character development, off-screen and that development has led to Nihilistic universe hating Rick. He's a guy whos had looked at the big picture of life and doesn't like it.

Morty's the one who needs the development, The other member of the smith family too I guess but a on a smaller scale, they arent the title characters after all, and i think thats where this season has been fucking up. It's suppose too be Rick and Morty, Rick and Morty across time and space, Rick and Morty against the world in the most fucked up way imaginable. But it's not, its suddenly became the Smiths show and thats where all the original music died and a cheap jingle started too be heard instead.

Also when it comes to the female writers, i believe they should just keeps it in the shows style of humor instead of adding all this deep philosophical overtones, that part with the therapist was so shallow and uninteresting compared too bird persons talk with Morty 2 seasons prior.

Thats my take anyway, whattyah think?

I had subway for dinner yesterday and now i'm thinking pizza or chipotle.

at this point if Sup Forums tells me there's a worse cartoon than R&M and SU I'll watch it immediately

IT'S WUBBA LUBBA DUBBA TIME
WUBBA LUBBA DUBBA TIME
WUBBA LUBBA DUBBA TIME
PICKLE, PICKLE, PICKLE, PICKLE
NOW *BURP*,*BURP*,*BURP*,*BURP*
GOD'S NOT REAL! GOD'S NOT REAL! GOD'S NOT REAL! GOD'S NOT REAL!

I'M PICKLES RIIIIIIIICK

The most critically acclaimed Rick and Morty episode of all time is The Rickshank Rickdemption from season 3.

So you are wrong op