Is it a "meh" show, Sup Forums?

Is it a "meh" show, Sup Forums?

Better then meh, worse than good. I watch it when there's new episodes, and don't think about it when there's not.

Decent show, but it gets extremely preachy with the "look at how bad stuff was back then!" narrative. Inserting racial humor or plain racism into every second of tv, for example, when it wasn't really that prevalent.
It's like F is trying to do what Harvester did when showing an exaggerated version of the past, but in that game there was a reason shit was unrealistic.

>Better then meh, worse than good
This. It's like the pinacle of very okay. I'll watch the episodes when they come out but I'm never going to rewatch any episodes.

I couldn't get through the first episode, but it's basically just Bill Burr getting angry at his cartoon kids, right? I'll give it another try later.

I don't know, I thought it was better than that. Not spectacular, but it's solid.
The new season was actually damn good, worth a watch

Sorta liked the first season, but the second was just depressing in a completely unfunny way. So I dropped it after the first few episodes.

It's alright. It's what Family Guy wishes it was. Most of the enjoyment I get out of it is the youngest boy constantly getting traumatized. Getting trapped under the bed while his parents were having sex and having the mattress smacking into his head with each thrust, walking in on his brother jerking off, that bully punching him in the side of the head the moment he walked outside, good times.

But yeah, I could have done without the shit involving race. Added nothing and came across as preachy too.

It can't be worse than whatever pile of shit BoJack season 4 will be.

It's a solid show that is better binged. Starts slow but everything builds towards the finale. The aesthetics are underappreciated.

>Most of the enjoyment I get out of it is the youngest boy constantly getting traumatized.
came just to post this, it has a quality shota and it uses it damn well, I'm also invested in the almost-retarded-and-ptsd-but-not-quite teen, seeing him break down when almost falling inside the water was pure gold
it gets too real at times though, especially when the parents argue

I really like it.

>Inserting racial humor or plain racism into every second of tv, for example, when it wasn't really that prevalent.
>I'm autistic and don't understand satire

I wonder where the show is set since it can't be in America

i agree

>since it can't be in America

What? I always thought it was in the midwest. Maybe like Illinois or Indiana.

It's pretty solid, like a high 7 to a low 8.

There's a stipulation from the french animation studio that says that the show can't be said to be in America. Also they required at least one European character hence the Holocaust survivor.

Why would that be a stipulation

Dunno, Bill Burr mentioned it in an interview

>expected silly adult cartoon sitcom with DUDE ITS THE 70s references
>get a show about the hardships of raising a family and the depression and self-hated men go through when they lose their jobs and have to scrap by while being judged by peers
Fuck the 1st half the season 2 is depressing.

Honestly, it has a major Americana vibe. Even if they can't say it's in the USA, it's still heavily implied. I guess Canada is possible too, but that seems less likely to me.

From Wikipedia:
>Frank is a disillusioned, short-tempered, Irish-American, Korean War veteran and father of three who lives in a Great Lakes region town in 1973.
That seems pretty specific to me.

You should know by now satire has lost all fucking meaning. Even if it was satire, it's a piss poor attempt at it.

Why the fuck is that little girl looking at him like that?

I would say that described well season 1, but season 2 is actually good.
That woman married with the gay guy just because she doesn't want to be alone... that's some deep shit.

little girls idolize their daddies

it's not sexual you perv