Star vs

Admit it:

Season was utter shit so far.

I must say i was disappointed by Toffee dying that soon, but i guess they had to make room for Eclipsa. The rest was ok.

Tofee getting killed off immediately after he got his body back was pretty disappointing and nothing relevant was revealed about the mewni war

heckapoop is fat and gross

Not really to me, but seeing toffee getting immediately killed was lame.

she is THICC not fat

Only shit part was Toffee's death. One misstep doesn't ruin a show.

yeah cellulithicc

>"heka" means "magic" in egyptian
>hekapoo's name is literally "magic shit"

The only thing I have with this show is that it's inconsistent. The show's so random with random events happening here and there that you never really know what you're looking forward to. At least its not as bad as Adventure Time. I just recently finished sesson 7 and I am so confused.

>Tofee getting killed off immediately after he got his body back was pretty disappointing
oh no your imaginary 5D chess champion

I liked it. I don't know why y'all mad about Toffee's death, I'd bet 20 bucks he gets ressurected by Eclipsa or some shit.

shut the FUCK uop

That's just her dress.

I think you just can't understand things

I don't know where the fuck the plot is going to go from here, but I think the actual writing/execution of the episodes is possibly stronger than even S2 so far (at least how that season was the same number of episodes in). It's a weird combination in that they're doing the smaller things really well but also with the larger plot having the potential to completely go to hell.

I would have wanted to see more of Toffee, but the way things were going plotwise the fact that he'd die was pretty obvious: you can't take "all magic is dying everywhere throughout the universe," solve that problem, and somehow make what he does next higher-stakes than that. I'd actually say him not appearing much was a flaw of S2 as well; when it was airing you could excuse that as them building up to something, but when it turned out he just didn't appear much at all since S1 it's not just a problem of the new season.

Yeah but Season 2 was shit too so I saw it coming

Yeah, it is kinda disappointing, and here's (one reason) why:

Because Star defeated Toffee for good on the second time they actually met - because she didn't try but fail to defeat him at all between "Storm The Castle" and "Toffee" - we don't get a sense of how hard-earned her victory was, and so it's harder to respect than it would have been if she'd failed more, because at least THEN we would have seen her try (before the final battle.)

In fact, it even kinda seems like her Great Big Shining Moment was really just handed to her by Glossaryck, as much as he ever hands anybody anything. The whole Vs. Toffee plotline never really became Star's story (it was always much more Moon's story, or even Ludo's, in the end,) and it was barely her own victory, so it ends up seeming like a really abrupt resolution to what had seemed like the main plot of the show so far.

>Season where things actually happen
>Shit
Hmmmm

Wrong

>was really just handed to her by Glossaryck
This doesn't seem quite as bad as it could be considering the same happened with him re: Moon, Ludo, and Toffee. Hope they're going to find some other way to use him throughout the seasons that isn't just him manipulating everyone, even as it's sort of interesting that they really are portraying him as a god now and everyone else as just players in his plans.

>it was always much more Moon's story, or even Ludo's, in the end
I can agree with Ludo definitely, but I disagree about Moon. She'd overall interacted with Toffee about as much as Star, in the end, and even though she met him first she got like a 30-year reprieve between then and him coming back. Star had to deal with the consequences suddenly over the course of like 6 months.

I'd also say Toffee's plans, though they started with Moon, ending up centering around Star more: spying on her, putting her in danger a few times, etc. She also faced the consequences of the broken wand all throughout 2, even if she didn't connect the problems with it to Toffee at the time.

My main worry actually had been that Toffee would feel like "Moon's" plot, after seeing her tapestry, but they avoided that pretty well by revealing their past was only about 2 minutes of personal interaction and that Star was central to defeating him.

Best character is mime

>Re: Moon's story or Star's story
I'm sort of thinking about things from Toffee's side. He never cared about Star, at all, except as a tool with which he could hurt Moon; she was never even a thorn in his side forcing him to change his plans in the least - until there she was, melting him, in the last few seconds of his life.

Star just wasn't much of a player in the story until the very end, when she Whispering Spelled herself (which, to be fair, was a really great moment;) she was never, until then, forced to go all-out because she still had help she could theoretically turn to (mentors like Moon, and, though it seemed like he was taken out of it at least twice, Glossaryck, in the end.)

Moon, on the other hand, WAS alone; there was no one on whom she could rightfully offload the responsibility of the Toffee problem, but then again looking at it as her story isn't really satisfying, either, because then it ends on a deus ex machina as her daughter suddenly obliterates the problem, no thanks to her.

Now, this isn't actually a problem with season THREE. That would actually have been a pretty good finale to the Toffee story, if that story had had a middle that actually involved the protagonist. Instead, from Star's perspective, "The Battle for Mewni" is almost a direct followup to "Storm the Castle." (I don't count the Toffee plot as beginning before that for her because until then he'd been at most a face in the crowd with no apparent influence on the status quo with Ludo.)

Oops, one more thing, though: in light of the fact that Toffee actually wasn't meant to be Star's final enemy, I guess it makes sense that she didn't end up having to go all-out with no support; otherwise we'd get a retread of that same story versus Eclipsa and then whomever. (You COULD do different stories, but they'd be stories of Star as basically an adult rather than of her growing up.)

But by the VERY end she's got to come into her own. Then she'll really be worth celebrating as a "Shining Star."

I was looking at it through Moon's/Star's perspective more, in that he had good reasons to be an enemy to both of them and had threatened both of them multiple times in different ways. In the end they sort of shared him being an enemy of their family.

But actually the fact that Toffee didn't see Star as important, same with Ludo, makes their involvement more interesting to me: he focused on both of them more for the sake of his plans despite Moon being his end target, and so gave both of them good reasons to want to see him dead as well. For Star specifically, he gave her the resources to take him on despite him not expecting her to do much with them (Ludo had more personal involvement with Toffee than both Moon and Star, but comparatively played the smallest role in his defeat). The ones he saw as the least important having the greater role in bringing him down, or something.

I don't feel like either she or Moon ever reached the point of going "all-out," though, which could be a flaw. I saw Star as a player through stuff like her retrieving his finger, learning more about his involvement with her family and the fact she couldn't depend on Moon, and experiencing the corrupted magic he'd caused firsthand (Moon without a wand wouldn't have noticed until her magic was almost gone). Moon especially never helped her so much because that felt like the point, Star has to handle it herself, and Glossaryck "helped" everyone, including Moon after her mother's death. If anything it seems like he's just using everyone to bring back Eclipsa.

Since Moon had help with Toffee in the past, but then couldn't do anything in the future, and Star was helpless in her first encounter but ended up being guided to defeating him in the end, it all comes out feeling even to me. Both have had moments of relying just on themselves and others, losing and winning.

BfM does seem to be how they originally planned to end S2 though, in that it was always a 2-act story in concept.

I still think those arm things are fur.

>"If plot stuff happens in a cartoon that means it's good writing!"
That's not how it works.

Also I definitely agree with this.

They could have stretched the Toffee stuff out for 4 seasons and then maybe it wouldn't have felt rushed for people who expected him to be the biggest threat, but ending it as they'd probably originally planned back in the first season allows for more variety/character growth in following seasons through new plotines, rather than stretching the same story out forever.

Not trying to argue with you so much actually as just trying to articulate how I think Star's involvement with the Toffee plotline before these episodes made sense with her taking him down. No character really directly interacted with him as much as they could have since to some extent he'd always operated from a distance, but with Eclipsa being part of Star's family maybe that type of limited involvement with villains can change soon.

>utter shit

I agree.

They're love spikes that inject venom into unsuspecting mewmens

wings

NICE

Yeah, you've got a pretty good handle on this. For my part I'm at least half hashing out storytelling lessons for my own benefit.

For example one thing I'm taking away from this is that if a story ends without the hero having exhausted all hopes but their last (in this case, Star didn't ride out the option of, for example, "let Moon handle things" all the way to Moon unquestionably no longer being able to,) then the narrative tension won't have reached its maximum and the ending will seem at least a bit anticlimactic. Because there will be some Chekhov's Guns left unfired, some elements of the story that didn't pay off, and so there might be some things that the audience feels like their attention was wasted on. (Kinda seems like, for example, there actually WASN'T anything more meaningful to "negative/positive emotions = corrupted/controllable magic for Star," like it appeared in "Wand to Wand" and "Bon Bon;" it really just might have been all Toffee's corruption, anyway. Would have liked to see something more to that.)

Ffffortunately, this story isn't over yet! We're heading straight into Part 2, so it's too soon to say that anything's been wasted, because it might still find some use somewhere. But it's an interesting case study, anyway.

Go to bed, River.

HER WHORISH WAYS HAVE GONE RAMPANT FOR FAR TOO LON-

Ah, I mean, that's not who I am. I'm a loyal Mewni citizen who wants to warn others of her monstrous ways of corrupting good men like us.

>her monstrous ways of corrupting good men like us.
River don't lie to yourself we were never good men

I think the "green magic" stuff is over for now (I really liked the concept of the broken wand and would've liked to see more of that, but I guess once the corruption's fixed there's no reason to keep it around), but I think they might continue the same issue in a different way. In that Star's negative emotions would still be there, but could find an outlet through her potentially using more dark magic instead. This could maybe also have the angle of her willingly engaging in this sort of thing, rather than how the green magic was involuntarily on her part.

After all, the corrupted magic aimed at Marco/Jackie is what's remembered a lot about Bon Bon, but it was only able to happen through Star using one of Eclipsa's spells to watch them in the first place. And going by the premiere, Star's still willing to keep using the All-Seeing Eye even if it's no longer causing direct harm. I don't expect her to turn evil or anything, but learning more spells like that seems possible.

With Marco possibly staying on Mewni for the summer and maybe Jarco ending, Star probably wouldn't start using dark magic for the same reason as before. But she hasn't shown any reason to stop, and with Eclipsa being around and interacting with her she might only have more encouragement. The effect Eclipsa's magic is having on Moon could deter her, but the situation might reach the point where Star will believe/be convinced there's no other choice-- the way the promos this season keep showing Star's wand covered by dark magic seems significant.

And yeah, it's hard to really judge the story as a whole when we're still halfway through. The beginning of every season seems to make people doubt where it will end up going, maybe even more so right now since the Eclipsa stuff hasn't truly begun yet.

If her mere prescence is enough to corrupt you, then you weren't a good man to start with, not-River.

LIES! LIES AND FILTHY SLANDER!

I WILL WASH THE DIRT THAT STAINS OUR GOOD NAME WITH HER AND HER ILK BLOOD!

You want her, don't you River? Don't fight it, give in.

How much they can go with the mewni war angle? We know they can't kill the Butterfly monarchy a la French revolution, this isn't Rose of Versailles aka Lady Oscar and we know they can't overthrow them because USA boner for monarchy so if they reveal something about the war, it must be a stupid twist like "nobody did nothing wrong, it was all Eclipsa's fault or someone else". Pretty much like every Hollywood production, putting the entire blame on one douche and forgetting the entire conflict.

I'd prefer it was a typical good vs evil thing. I couldn't be disappointed in that way.

Does Hekapoo make a good wife?

The sex would be pretty fucking wild, ESPECIALLY with clones and all, but what about casual days and regular couple shit? And is she capable of raising a child? And with the topic at hand, is it possible to impregnate one of her clones separately?

>interdimensional polygamy
>endless celestial sex
Maybe the Mormons were on to something with their heaven.

Not only that, but unlimited polygamy AND you're still technically dedicated to your one wife.

Do you think she's able to have her clones feel the same sensations and thoughts across all consciousnesses, and would use that to have the experience of getting dicked, cunnilingus, fingering, and body fondling at the same time all through a single person?

Stop this lewdness this instant! I might not be very smart, nor very cunning, nor eloquent ,nor considerate, or well mannered, hygienic, tall..

Wait, where was I going with this?

Ah yes. I might not be very smart, nor witty, nor something else, but what I am is faithful to my wife. So begone, foul temptress!

*coughEagleFuckercough*

It's not cheating if it's a bird. That's elementary bird law, pay attention!

Wait, when did the new season start?

I couldn't deny it even if I wanted to

Oh come on, River, don't be such a little drip.

I don't know if this is the same guy avatarfagging with it all the time or it's now the default "fuck Star" image, but I feel like I've seen that shit way too many times by now

stop coming here so often.

stop posting Pearl so often

Did that guy who promised to draw like 80 thibgs before the premiere ever delivered?

>he thinks the "movie" was good

Heckapoo just got a LOT sexier

When is the new book coming out?

Shut up shiten pooniverse fag, go back to your fucking failed ratings about to be cancelled show

looking at the archive, it's looks like in Sept 15
>Star having her own hoodies

>>Star having her own hoodies
Kinda looks like Star has one of those Animal Pajamas

SUfags are mad that an Utena fan with talent managed to make a good show, as opposed to their own Utena fan who never actually got subtlety or symbolism.

>possibly another slumber party episode

This is the worst one.

I didn't say shit about the quality of the show

I just said the avatarfagging feels super recognizable

This better?

Lemme show you how it's done.

>2d imitating 3dpd

i came the instant i saw this image

d imitating 3dpd
is this what Sup Forums has devolved into

Toffee dying just like that was disappointing, but I enjoyed the movie nonetheless.

Bump

You're right. It has to cater to your specific headcanon, and if it goes against that specific headcanon or expectation in any way, then it is shit.

The problem clearly isn't you, the viewer, being incapable of simply enjoying a series. It has to be you wanting way too much and expecting things beyond how it ends up. After which, you can feel 'disappointed' and start bitching about it being 'shit'.

The last thread where I got the idea for this has turned into a sadfest.

What do you think their relationship is?

I bought this on Kindle for my phone and the fucking thing doesnt work what is this horseshit

That's what you get from buying a phone from Amazon

>Giving money to apple

>not giving your money to the cheapest sweatshop directly from China

Different kingdoms/empires, maybe?
Remember, the multiverse is a really big place.
Also, thanks for the pic.

Don't know why, but she always reminds me of Elle King.

QUATTRO

Toffee didn't care about hurting Moon specifically either. When he got his body back, his attitude was that she wasn't even worth his time. Toffee's primary goal was the end of magic. He learned during the flashback that just killing the Queen of Mewni accomplishes nothing, because there'll just be another one who also has magic. But if magic itself were destroyed, Mewmans would just be another tribe on Mewni. A tribe that wouldn't have claws or fangs or tough scaly hides or any of the other advantages that various monster species can boast. And most importantly, they'd have nothing that can overcome his own Septarian regeneration power.

>buying smartphones
They're all compromised. Every single god damned one. Stop it.

Apparently there's going to be a section in it that's an in-universe children's book about Stump Day, that Star wrote in when she was younger.

Dance iff, anyone?

I like how her boner twitches and moves her skirt in that gif

Marco and the King was the only thing wrong with the "movie"

I loved Ludo finishing it. That was the best gotcha moment so far

I don't know man. Toffee made a habit of killing her family and wearing their skulls.

I can't sleeep, what should I draw to calm myself down?

Foolduke scissoring the mime

Sorry if someone already thought of it before, but I was wondering why Ludo didn't just bring in a bunch of monsters to the newly conquered Mewni if he wanted to be appreciated.

Toffee probably convinced Ludo not to do this, so that when he got his finger back, he could easily amass the monsters into an army to overrun Ludo and his rats and wouldn't have to worry about any of the monsters siding with Ludo instead of him.

Foolduke squirming and watching helplessly as she's fondled by user in the dungeon.

Dr. Wolfula and Ghoulash rule 34

What if she is the one doing the molesting in the dungeon

It wasn't complete shit, but it was pretty anticlimactic

Pretty much these sentiments. Didn't stop me from enjoying it regardless, but it does feel like they primed a bunch of great tension throughout season 2 and just kinda squandered it for the majority of the movie before releasing it all in the final act.

Seems hard to molest anybody while you're tied.

I need a ponf edit.

I would juggle with her best parts.