Droids and Ewok cartoons

Just downloaded the complete "fan restorations" of the Droids and Ewoks cartoons. Never seen them before. What am I in for? Utter shit? Pleasant surprises?

I heard Paul Dini wrote some of these. They can't be all bad. Can they?

It's pretty unremarkable.

Admiral Screed being rehabilitated by the Expanded Universe is far more interesting than the original show.

Any cameos from other established Star Wars characters I can look forward to?

I know Boba Fett is in one episode of Droids and Ewoks has some Empire characters show up in the finale, but is there anybody else?

Funny how this cartoon's villain was named Kybo Ren.

>Admiral Screed being rehabilitated by the Expanded Universe is far more interesting than the original show.

Honestly, it amazes me how much of the Droids cartoon was revived for the Prequels in terms of technology, settings, and alien races. I guess Lucas was never as ashamed of the Droids cartoon as he was shit like the Ewok movies or the Holiday Special.

Droids kept making me fall asleep while watching it.
I liked the 1st season of Ewoks, but almost everything changes in the 2nd season, and it's quite a lot worse off.

As a kid, I had a Droids and an Ewoks dvd. I remember liking the Ewoks one, although it was incredibly childish. Hamtaro levels of childish, if I remember properly.

Droids was painfully boring. I loved cartoons and Star Wars yet this one was just so dull and devoid of life. It made the Star Wars universe feel smaller and emptier than it is.

>Ewoks
>incredibly childish
I wonder if you had a dvd of season 2? That was one of the more glaring changes. The colors, characterizations and storylines all became a lot more childish in season 2.

IG-88 & Max Rebo Band IIRC, and both the Boonta Eve race and the Moon of Bogden were originally from the droids show.

Ewoks is decent, cuz Latara (every ep) and Asha (one ep) are hot as fuck. Droids is shit.

>IG-88

Aw shit, now I'm hype. I know I shouldn't set myself up for disappointment, since this is limited Canadian animation we're talking about, but I do love that character.

>Latara (every ep) and Asha (one ep) are hot as fuck

I'm confused.

What's even weirder is that they're STILL making Ewoks merch featuring characters exclusive to the cartoon.

The Ewok Celebration stuffed animation basket collections feature mixes of movie Ewoks and cartoon Ewoks, like Latara and Princess Kneesa. Though when they have characters that appeared in both, they go with the movie design (nigger Teebo).

Droids was alright. Theme song is great.

Ewoks was forgettable drivel.

>Ewoks is decent, cuz Latara (every ep) and Asha (one ep) are hot as fuck.

You watched for the wrong reasons, user.

id totally fuck those ewoks

I am Doctor Raygar, the galaxy's only Raygar dentist.

Where?

No. Stop that.

>What am I in for? Utter shit? Pleasant surprises?

The serialized storytelling might hook you, but it's mostly boring. The cameos from other Star Wars characters are cool in Droids (IG-88 and Boba Fett) and Ewoks ends on a surprising setup for Return of the Jedi.

But the shows are reeeaalllyyyyy forgettable.

NIgga, I was 7!! '85 was a confusing year.

This guy knows what's up.

Horny season 1 Latara > Standoffish bitchy season 2 Latara

Her design improved in season 2, if I remember right.

Latara had a better personality in season 1, but a better design in season 2.

>What am I in for?
Watch it and find out, why do you need to be spoon fed something you were planning on watching?

They where both above average kids cartoons for the 80's.

Droids good. Artoo and Threepeeo are not quite interesting enough to hold a show on their own so they have a series masters who have adventures with multi episode continuity, a rarity in the 80's. The show has this neat kind of art style that looks like the works of Moebius. Also this spacey synth soundtrack that sounds nothing like John Williams, so that it is quite unique in Star Wars music.

Ewoks is kind of lame. Reminds me to much of the Smurfs or Gummie Bears. Ewoks had an interesting final episode where the Empire actually comes to Endor for the first time and the Ewoks inadvertently stop a minor Dark Side minion from assassinating Palpatine.

Boba Fett makes an apperence in an episode of Droids. He's pretty badass.